Childbase Partnership
Happiness score is 67 out of 100

Childbase Partnership Employee Reviews

United Kingdom89 reviews

nurserychildlovelystaffbonusteamtraininglong

They pay more than other nurseries. There were plenty of hours available to fit around uni. The rotas are given out with very short notice for the next week, but that wasn't a problem because of my role. The staff at some nurseries had formed cliques and badmouthed other staff behind their backs, which made me uncomfortable.

15 September 2022
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review. We would welcome the opportunity to hear further feedback about the concerns you have raised, please feel free to contact the HR Team at HR@Childbase.com.

very good

a very good place to work very well supported. I work with a very supportive team and have a good work life balance. The pay is really good and management are supprotive

15 September 2022
Thank you for making us smile. It is great to know that we are on the right track in ensuring our colleagues – all full partners in our employee-owned company - have the best possible work experience. Apprentices are the life-blood of our company. We aim to recruit the best and keep them and have plenty of role models who have progressed through the company to Manage Ofsted-rated ‘Outstanding’ day nurseries thanks to our award-winning training and mentoring programmes.

Insights into Childbase Partnership

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Fair pay for job
  • Clear sense of purpose

Great company

Employee ownership makes this nursery company head and shoulders above the rest. A fantastic ethos that places children at the centre of everything it does

Pros

Great Team

15 September 2022

Very negative place to work

Staff very clicky made me feel ill practically every day.Set up a few times with the chef and management regarding paperwork I have nothing more to say about this place, just that I was glad to get out of there.

15 September 2022
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review. Colleague feedback in all its forms is vital to our efforts to maintain happy working environments and our 15 year position as a ‘top UK Company to Work for’.No workplace is perfect all the time but we are committed to addressing issues before they become problems with a variety of channels for colleagues, who are all partners in our employee-owned business, to get their opinions and ideas across in groups and confidentially. We are sincerely sorry that we were unaware of your dissatisfaction and unable to resolve the difficulties before your departure. We would welcome the opportunity to do that now if you could contact the HR Team at HR@Childbase.com.

Productive and supportive company

An employee owned company that truly goes the extra mile.The best part is making a difference in children's lives - whilst being supported by an incredible team of leaders. Company benefits are above and beyond with family fun days, annual awards and also having ownership of our nursery budgets.

15 September 2022

It's a good place to work. The other staff are lovely and help each other out.Better pay than other childcare companies. The hours are often too long and rota's are given with no notice.

Stressful and undervalued

Good company to work for get a bonus every year,worked in the kitchen very stressful nobody in the management team in the nursery are bothered about you never see if your ok or help you out if your short staffed sooner sit in the office chatting ,went as a kitchen assistant didn’t take long before I was cooking for 100 plus children with not much cooking experience sometimes on my own as long as the children were fed no one seemed bothered, you also have to work in the nursery rooms if there short staffed even if you have no experience , in the nursery they have a lot of staff coming and going

Pros

Yearly bonus

Cons

Ringing you to go in on your days off

Overall Good Workplace

Happy with my role here, decent pay, dividend bonus is great and good days out and events. Relaxed work environment. Some managers are great. There are load of great perks

Pros

Good days out and good dividend

Cons

Progression is difficult as the only time you will progress is when someone else leaves

15 September 2022
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review.Colleague feedback, ideas and opinions have made us a leading Early Years provider and put us at the top of the UK’s ‘Best Companies to Work for’ league tables for over 15 years. Best Companies actually labelled us ‘World Class’ (2021) following colleague external, confidential surveys. Your comments about progression are noted and, as you may already know, will inform improvements to the way we do things in the future. The pursuit of excellence in every aspect of our business is tireless and on-going and colleague feedback makes it possible.

Poor management and unhappy staff

Over my short time here, staff turnover has been incredibly high as it is simply a stressful place to work. There aren’t enough staff to accommodate hundreds of children, and management often show a lack of understanding or awareness. They often also lie to employees, rather than admit their mistakes and seek help. Most staff members are very nice however some can be unkind and create a toxic environment.

Pros

Annual bonus

Cons

Long hours, not enough staff support & poor management

15 September 2022
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review. Colleague feedback in all its forms is vital to our efforts to maintain happy working environments and our 15 year position as a ‘top UK Company to Work for’.No workplace is perfect all the time but we are committed to addressing issues before they become problems with a variety of channels for colleagues, who are all partners in our employee-owned business, to get their opinions and ideas across in groups and confidentially. We are sincerely sorry that we were unaware of your dissatisfaction. We would welcome the opportunity to do that now if you could contact the HR Team at HR@Childbase.com.

Amazing place to work.

I start working at mulberry 10 months ago its amazing place to work. Specialy the management is amazing They realy understanding, calm and friendly. Whole team is realy good.I am realy happy working here. If i had a option of giving i could have given 100 stars. Childbase gives u bonuses, family fun day out, child discounts, recommend a friend scheme and i think its amazing. Overall with my experience this is my most favourite place i ever worked in.

Lovely children

Fun and productive working environment, good team. Staff are appreciated, always plenty of chocolate and nice food to cater for everybody.The management team was lovely, I felt supported.

Pros

The lovely children, busy shift goes quickly. No weekends, scope to progress in the company

15 September 2022
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review, we are delighted to hear your feedback.

Fun place to work , chances of promotion as far as you wanna go

Manager is so supportive and always wants to give more to us as staff , great company benefits, could not fault my nursery or the company, during covid really supported everyone above and beyond!!!!

28 April 2022
Thank you for taking the time to post a review and making us smile. It is great to know that we are on the right track in ensuring our colleagues – all full partners in our employee-owned company - have the best possible work experience.

Good pay

Better hourly pay for qualified employees normal nursery atmosphereMinimum amount of paperwork 95% onlineGood yearly benefits 2 inset days a year for training

Do not work here

Awful workplace, manager is terrible and favourites staff. Money focussed not child focussed, they just pump more children in with no care for the pressure it puts on staff or the children. Would never return, this place will destroy your mental health.

Great Place to Work

Honestly the best nursery company I have ever work for. Start when our nursery open and have enjoy my time here. The company benefits are great and we have a home like feel in the nursery all staff are friendly and welcoming. All round great place to work

Pros

Understanding management, salary increases, gifts from the company and smarties

Cons

Unfortunately like all nursery long hours

14 April 2022
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review. We recognise that every colleague has an important role to play in our company and that a happy and fulfilling work experience is only possible if individual views and ideas are respected and actioned. That is the key to our success as a UK ‘Best Company to Work for’.

Amazing company

This is a company that truly cares about its employees and strives to make working life enjoyable. They have many benefits that are including within your job and take ideas from staff to improve not only the environment for the children but also the staff. As a male within the early years it can often be nerve racking going into a nursery where you are the only male, but at the nursery I came to they welcomed me with open arms and made me feel like part of the team straight away, meaning that my nerves went away very quickly and felt like I’d been part of the team for ages :)

Pros

Benefits - bonuses, well being activities, support

14 April 2022

Fast paced and fun workplace.

Good place to work with good benefits.Staff are and management are friendly.Fast paced working environment.Lovely nursery and each room gets their own individual garden for the children.

Benefits

4 February 2022
Colleague feedback, ideas and opinions have made us a leading Early Years provider and put us at the top of the UK’s ‘Best Companies to Work for’ league tables for over 15 years. Best Companies actually labelled us ‘World Class’ last year (2021) following colleague external, confidential surveys.Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review.

Management are horrible

The company is toxic and many people in management thought they were above staff! Complaints weren’t taken seriously and brushed off. Holiday wasn’t done fairly and favoured mangers friends.

Pros

Good money benefits

Cons

Overtime with no thanks Stressful Toxic

4 February 2022

Wouldn’t work there

Managers rude. If your face doesn’t fit they don’t like you. Hours unsuitable not family life no good if you’ve got children yourself. Try somewhere else

16 December 2021

Lovely workplace and nursery

I worked here for nearly a year and then left due to wanting to be able to take my son to school and at the time they were unable to offer the hours i would have liked which is more than understandable. But while i did work here i was welcomed straight away, training opportunities were excellent and a brilliant rate of pay from day one. Also staff discount for children that attend with you. As a parent I would highly recommend this nursery, staff were amazing with the children, the rooms were set up beautifully everyday, the food menus were healthy. Such a lovely setting.If i had to get back into childcare this would be my number 1 choice! Highly recommended :)

Pros

Great benefits, always cared about staff, staff discounts, lovely team and atmosphere

21 October 2021

It has a great atmosphere and lots of fun people to work with. There is always something going on whether it be for charity events, or individual nursery set challenges. You will never be bored! Lots of training both online and face to face and chances throughout the year to develop an evaluate yourself and where you want to go in the future.

13 October 2021

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Childbase Partnership. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement