Childbase Partnership
Happiness score is 66 out of 100

Childbase Partnership Employee Reviews

United Kingdom94 reviews

nurserychildlovelystaffbonusteamtraininglong

They pay more than other nurseries. There were plenty of hours available to fit around uni. The rotas are given out with very short notice for the next week, but that wasn't a problem because of my role. The staff at some nurseries had formed cliques and badmouthed other staff behind their backs, which made me uncomfortable.

15 September 2022
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review. We would welcome the opportunity to hear further feedback about the concerns you have raised, please feel free to contact the HR Team at HR@Childbase.com.

Mentally draining

Main manager starts off overly nice after a few months the bullying starts not a good place for mental health. 90% of the staff are absolutely amazing. It’s a real shame I wanted to cry every day before I went in. I’ve never been made to feel so small in my entire life. Would not recommend you work there unless you are incredibly mentally strong.

Pros

Lovely children

Cons

Manager

Insights into Childbase Partnership

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Fair pay for job

Working with the kids was great.

I joined as a new apprentice, I almost completed it but I felt almost pushed out and ignored by management after I reached out for support. There was a lot of toxicity, being mostly women. But you can make some friends. If you’re willing to have no life and want a real career path with children I’d recommend something like this. But not with child base. It’s pretty bad. Only thing I enjoyed was making the children smile and teaching them things.

Pros

Free lunches, great pay, good experience

Cons

Terrible management, horrible long hours, bad training

Stressful atmosphere, not inclusive, low work culture

Since the very beginning I had an impression that equality and diversity among staff are not practised values. The staff was constantly having private conversations during working hours and didn't even have the courtesy to make me included. It It quite an awful feeling when it's done all the time. One of them were completely ignoring me throughout my tenure, treating me like the air. As a foreign person I could easily consider that xenophobic. Some of the management: Speaking to me few simple sentences and then ostentatious asking: Do you understand? Why would you assume that someone doesn't understand simple sentences. It's quite offensive. I'm foreign, but I learned second language and it was actually your duty to assess my language skills before employing me. You shouldn't need to ask me this at this point of my employment. Very stressful environment and you are not supported, your efforts and hard work are never admitted and appreciated. Staff constantly having issues with themselves, gossiping, toxic atmosphere, very low work culture.

Pros

Children

Cons

Low work culture, not inclusive, no real respect for diversity and equality

Awful

Not a nice company to work for, management are extremely difficult to trust. While working here I developed a lot of anxiety and became depressed and all they done was up my hours even more and told me to go take some tablets and I'll be fine. They do not support you. Head office do not record any complaints against anyone.

Cons

Long hours. Horrible company. Not worth it

Great salary rates

A great company to work for with a family feel. An immense amount of perks and benefits. The job is very fast paced and the company do have high expectations to strive to be the best in the business but why wouldn’t you want to be the best? A company to make great friendships. Training is great and developments are always being made.

ChildBase company is good to work for but woodberry day nursery wasn’t a great place to work for

I worked in Victoria house in Marlow and I really enjoyed it there making new friends meeting the children and their families but when I got transferred to woodberry day nursery as I moved back to London. And I have to say it was very upset on how the managers really treated you and it weren’t nice, the fact they spoke behind your back and made you feel rubbish all the time it really didn’t help my anxiety. I fell pregnant and they even didn’t do a risk assessment I decided after my apprenticeship I would leave so I can look after my body while being pregnant. The staff there were good we all supported each other as we didn’t get that from the management team staff.

Pros

Bonus in January

Cons

40 hours

27 October 2022
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review. Colleague feedback in all its forms is vital to our efforts to maintain happy working environments and our 15 year position as a ‘top UK Company to Work for’.No workplace is perfect all the time but we are committed to addressing issues before they become problems with a variety of channels for colleagues, who are all partners in our employee-owned business, to get their opinions and ideas across in groups and confidentially.We are sincerely sorry that we were unaware of your dissatisfaction and unable to resolve the difficulties before your departure. We would welcome the opportunity to do that now if you could contact the HR Team at HR@Childbase.com.

very good

a very good place to work very well supported. I work with a very supportive team and have a good work life balance. The pay is really good and management are supprotive

15 September 2022
Thank you for making us smile. It is great to know that we are on the right track in ensuring our colleagues – all full partners in our employee-owned company - have the best possible work experience. Apprentices are the life-blood of our company. We aim to recruit the best and keep them and have plenty of role models who have progressed through the company to Manage Ofsted-rated ‘Outstanding’ day nurseries thanks to our award-winning training and mentoring programmes.

Great company

Employee ownership makes this nursery company head and shoulders above the rest. A fantastic ethos that places children at the centre of everything it does

Pros

Great Team

15 September 2022

Very negative place to work

Staff very clicky made me feel ill practically every day.Set up a few times with the chef and management regarding paperwork I have nothing more to say about this place, just that I was glad to get out of there.

15 September 2022
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review. Colleague feedback in all its forms is vital to our efforts to maintain happy working environments and our 15 year position as a ‘top UK Company to Work for’.No workplace is perfect all the time but we are committed to addressing issues before they become problems with a variety of channels for colleagues, who are all partners in our employee-owned business, to get their opinions and ideas across in groups and confidentially. We are sincerely sorry that we were unaware of your dissatisfaction and unable to resolve the difficulties before your departure. We would welcome the opportunity to do that now if you could contact the HR Team at HR@Childbase.com.

Productive and supportive company

An employee owned company that truly goes the extra mile.The best part is making a difference in children's lives - whilst being supported by an incredible team of leaders. Company benefits are above and beyond with family fun days, annual awards and also having ownership of our nursery budgets.

15 September 2022

It's a good place to work. The other staff are lovely and help each other out.Better pay than other childcare companies. The hours are often too long and rota's are given with no notice.

Stressful and undervalued

Good company to work for get a bonus every year,worked in the kitchen very stressful nobody in the management team in the nursery are bothered about you never see if your ok or help you out if your short staffed sooner sit in the office chatting ,went as a kitchen assistant didn’t take long before I was cooking for 100 plus children with not much cooking experience sometimes on my own as long as the children were fed no one seemed bothered, you also have to work in the nursery rooms if there short staffed even if you have no experience , in the nursery they have a lot of staff coming and going

Pros

Yearly bonus

Cons

Ringing you to go in on your days off

Overall Good Workplace

Happy with my role here, decent pay, dividend bonus is great and good days out and events. Relaxed work environment. Some managers are great. There are load of great perks

Pros

Good days out and good dividend

Cons

Progression is difficult as the only time you will progress is when someone else leaves

15 September 2022
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review.Colleague feedback, ideas and opinions have made us a leading Early Years provider and put us at the top of the UK’s ‘Best Companies to Work for’ league tables for over 15 years. Best Companies actually labelled us ‘World Class’ (2021) following colleague external, confidential surveys. Your comments about progression are noted and, as you may already know, will inform improvements to the way we do things in the future. The pursuit of excellence in every aspect of our business is tireless and on-going and colleague feedback makes it possible.

Poor management and unhappy staff

Over my short time here, staff turnover has been incredibly high as it is simply a stressful place to work. There aren’t enough staff to accommodate hundreds of children, and management often show a lack of understanding or awareness. They often also lie to employees, rather than admit their mistakes and seek help. Most staff members are very nice however some can be unkind and create a toxic environment.

Pros

Annual bonus

Cons

Long hours, not enough staff support & poor management

15 September 2022
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review. Colleague feedback in all its forms is vital to our efforts to maintain happy working environments and our 15 year position as a ‘top UK Company to Work for’.No workplace is perfect all the time but we are committed to addressing issues before they become problems with a variety of channels for colleagues, who are all partners in our employee-owned business, to get their opinions and ideas across in groups and confidentially. We are sincerely sorry that we were unaware of your dissatisfaction. We would welcome the opportunity to do that now if you could contact the HR Team at HR@Childbase.com.

Amazing place to work.

I start working at mulberry 10 months ago its amazing place to work. Specialy the management is amazing They realy understanding, calm and friendly. Whole team is realy good.I am realy happy working here. If i had a option of giving i could have given 100 stars. Childbase gives u bonuses, family fun day out, child discounts, recommend a friend scheme and i think its amazing. Overall with my experience this is my most favourite place i ever worked in.

Lovely children

Fun and productive working environment, good team. Staff are appreciated, always plenty of chocolate and nice food to cater for everybody.The management team was lovely, I felt supported.

Pros

The lovely children, busy shift goes quickly. No weekends, scope to progress in the company

15 September 2022
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review, we are delighted to hear your feedback.

Fun place to work , chances of promotion as far as you wanna go

Manager is so supportive and always wants to give more to us as staff , great company benefits, could not fault my nursery or the company, during covid really supported everyone above and beyond!!!!

28 April 2022
Thank you for taking the time to post a review and making us smile. It is great to know that we are on the right track in ensuring our colleagues – all full partners in our employee-owned company - have the best possible work experience.

Good pay

Better hourly pay for qualified employees normal nursery atmosphereMinimum amount of paperwork 95% onlineGood yearly benefits 2 inset days a year for training

Do not work here

Awful workplace, manager is terrible and favourites staff. Money focussed not child focussed, they just pump more children in with no care for the pressure it puts on staff or the children. Would never return, this place will destroy your mental health.

Amazing company

This is a company that truly cares about its employees and strives to make working life enjoyable. They have many benefits that are including within your job and take ideas from staff to improve not only the environment for the children but also the staff. As a male within the early years it can often be nerve racking going into a nursery where you are the only male, but at the nursery I came to they welcomed me with open arms and made me feel like part of the team straight away, meaning that my nerves went away very quickly and felt like I’d been part of the team for ages :)

Pros

Benefits - bonuses, well being activities, support

14 April 2022

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Childbase Partnership. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement