Childbase Partnership

Childbase Partnership Employee Reviews

The work culture is outstanding. Everyone is very welcoming and there really is a family feel to the work place. Members support one another in their roles. When you visit head office for training everyone is welcoming and friendly. Support is readily available and accessible through various avenues.
Pros
Inclusion, welcoming, friendly, family friendly, incentives, rewards, recognition
Cons
Long hours, overtime
I love working for Childbase, they have supported during some of the toughest times and I always feel valued within my role. I have been able to make progression and continue to develop through the opportunities within the company. Staff have access to so many benefits and the working environment is so welcoming and supportive. I can't imagine working for another Early Years company!
Pros
All the benefits! supportive workplace
Cons
workload sometimes
Since working for childbase I have felt continuously supported. I have been provided multiple training opportunities including SEN, Eco-Schools, EYFS and Level 3 Early Years Education. The team, management and Head Office are fun and creative, with activities, fun-days and events often occurring throughout the year.
Pros
Workplace benefits include a fun team, employee-owned business, dress-down days and family fun days.
Cons
Occasional long shifts, dependent on job role.
I love working at Childbase. My manager and team are all amazing and I would absolutely recommend it as a place to work. Great culture, fun place to be and a good approach to looking after staff. They looked after everyone on furlough by paying a top up so people got 100%. It is now more flexible with home working since the pandemic.The company do all sorts of unique things to reward staff like family fun days where you get tickets to a theme park for your family or the annual ball/festival.
Pros
Great environment and team
I was offered my job at Nene Valley on the spot at the end of my interview! Despite my having no formal qualifications, the management team were happy to trial me based on my stay at home parent experience. I worked through their online training modules while I awaited my DBS certificate to come through; and on my first day I was welcomed into the Nene Valley family with open arms. Every day is fun and engaging and it's an absolute joy to watch the children grow and develop. I feel very honoured and grateful to be a part of this amazing team!
Pros
Supportive management, Training, friendly staff.
Cons
None!
Childbase is a really fantastic company to work for , employee owned and has a great ethos. We are well paid and really well looked after we have plenty of treats, and company Ball is fanatstic. Through Covid we so well looked after and really shown how much we are appreciated.
Pros
Treat
Nene Valley is a family like unit which i found easy to become a part of and felt welcome very quickly. As a male working in childcare it is very comforting that as a nursery there are other males who work there which add to the dynamic of the nursery both for the other staff and the children we care for. Childbase as a company are very hands on from once you start with phone calls from head office to chat as to how you are getting on aswell as being given a mentor to help you through the first few months when finding your feet. Lots of training is provided to help you progress aswell as being given the opportunity to tailor your own training for your personal growth within childcare. Being an employee owned company allows you to help make decisions to move the company forward aswell as many other company initiatives and benefits. As someone who has worked in childcare for 17 years, Nene Valley Day Nursery and Childbase is by far the best company I have worked for on both a personal and professional level.
Pros
Good company values, staff benefits, great atmosphere
Cons
Stressful bad organised every day didn’t enjoy much I rather to work somewhere else with less stress and with more challenges, management were not fair with everyone same people were treat in better way then others
Pros
Short hours
Cons
Short hours
Good place to work, but also very stressful and not much time to do your jobs, too much time spent on the tablet instead of being with children and play with them. Difficult to improve your status(career progression.)if you are not English.
I really enjoyed my time at Childbase and learned so much. I was based in the head office with travel to nurseries as part of my role. My team were fantastic and we all worked well together. My managers were patient, fun and flexible. It’s be far the best place I have worked so far in my career
Pros
Happy fun environment, job security, excellent benefits
Cons
Would have preferred some more flexibility e.g regular home working due to family responsibilities
During the current pandemic, we have been reassured at every point, kept up to date with weekly communications, received full pay whilst on furlough. At a time when job security has been at a national low, I have felt extremely valued and my role has felt secure. This employee owned company offers excellent training, lots of scope for development and progression and so many benefits .
Pros
Competitive salary, strong support structure, high quality work environments
I have worked for 2 other childcare companies and nothing compares. The investment in staff training is fantastic. The investment to develop the nursery environment is phenomenal. If you need a specific resource it’s provided without question. I have been supported personally with compassionate leave when I needed to focus on my family life and my views and ideas are always taken into account.
Iv worked at Cedar park for a while There is no communication between the managers and the teams They say it’s an open door policy but when you go to them you are told to go away.We are told one minute that we are not doing our jobs properly then we are then we some quality person come in and put us all down a very negative vibe from senior management.im sure Head office or the CEO have any idea how we are all treated and how the management make up their own rules
The Company aims to provide the best care possible for children and therefore all their staff are held to high account. There is a lot of support in Quality and Training that is always enthusiastic and selfless by those giving it. Mediocraty is not an accepted benchmark which encourages the most motivated staff.
Renowned for being clicky, having favourites, favourites being out on the desk&long hours. Poor management/leadership from the new manager-many people left under her new 'ruling' Staff felt unmotivated, hated their jobs and lost all motivation. Manager put her needs before her staff and their wellbeing .
Childbase is an amazing place to work, with constant benefits including highly generous dividend payments, holiday, money awards for going above and beyond and so so much more! Colleagues are super friendly, supportive and helpful, many people dislike work and the baggage that comes with it but I can confidently say that I look forward to going to work everyday. The atmosphere of sheer passion, drive and commitment to ensuring that the children and staff are treated with the upmost respect and care is phenomenal. I would recommend 100 times over. Absolutely brilliant place to work. I’ve worked here almost 2 years now and love it.
I’ve been working for ChildBase for just over two years. The interview process was simple, the area manager made me feel welcome and you could tell she was very interested in what I had to say - job was offered on the spot. Ever since then, the management team have gone above and beyond for me. Whether it be helping me with my professional development or listen to me when I needed some support with external issues. Within the rooms, you build such an amazing bond with your team that being there feels more like fun than work. The job satisfaction is incredibly high, the families and children we care for are hugely appreciative; we’re an extension to their family. I would highly recommend working for this company.
Great benefits, private health, gym membership discounts, free flu jabs, dividend payments, fresh fruit, cash bonuses, great social events. They strive for outstanding and this means hard work and high expectations of teaching and learning- but that’s what children deserve and that’s why I do the job I do.
Each day Is different and not all the same children are in every day. Your day is full on arranging and planning activities with your team to get the best observations on your key children. It’s lovely to see how excited the children get when you walk into their room, the hugs and the trust these children have in you is very rewarding.
Not a nice atmosphere, bullying went on from management. Children are cared for shame the same principle is implied to the staff. Long hours, little acknowledgement and little work life balance.
Management didnt always treat staff fairly. There was no routine in place. You would never know what room you was actually going to be in. Staff in rooms were lovely.