Chiquito

Chiquito Employee Reviews

Good tips, not that good management

In the beginning I was very happy. But after few months the atmosphere wasn't that good all the time. Not very good relationships with other parts of the restaurant. No possibility to grow.

Pros

Tips, hours

Cons

People

Awful place

Has to be one of the worst places I’ve worked. Got promoted to kitchen supervisor but wasn’t to supervise the staff but was happy to have a go at me when things were going wrong though.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Not allowed to do my job unfair hours

Terrible

Cost me £300 as a exit fee, deducted my wages in full saying I had over used hours, terrible manager and terrible microwavable food. Would definitely steer clear of a job here.

Cons

Long unpaid breaks, invasive managers

Our manager had to get sacked for harassment against us waitresses, our other manager used to sit in the office all day then go home before it got busy and never used to help out. They made ANYONE supervisor even if they were terrible at the job, impacting the work ethic of the staff completely. The supervisors were never trained properly either, so when managers were home, supervisors being left in charge was always awful as they didn’t know what to do when a problem came up. My manager would always threaten me because of me having a boyfriend in the workplace, whenever I would go over and talk to him even if it was for the purpose of work, I would get pulled to the side and told if it continues i would lose my job, my boyfriend at the time never got pulled to side, it was always me as he seen me as as ‘push over’.

Pros

tips

Cons

management is corrupt

Awful management

The management was terrible, they expected us to run the restaurant with absolutely minimal staff. During my last shift the place was full and there were only 3 servers (including me). It was so hard trying to keep track of all of my tables and their orders and most of my guests asked for discounts because of the long wait, as the kitchen staff were overwhelmed. One table actually got up and left , and I didn’t blame them.

Cons

Zero hour contracts.

Excellent workplace

Team aspects Bristol friendly place to work in at a past pace all staff friendly. The management were so nice and fair. Tips definite a bonus. Excellent place to for.

Pros

Benefits 50% off food for staff

Cons

Fast pace workplace

Bad place to work

They take advantage of you if you are young put me on a waitress contract but forced me to be a runner which means doing all the dirty jobs that no one wants to do. I wasn't allowed tips. You would turn up for your shift and told it wasn't busy enough to start but you'd have to wait anyway without being paid. A colleague spilled drink on a customer and left them for me to clean up. The managers were rude and disrespectful. Always talked in their own language. The assistant manager would drop food on the floor pick it up and serve it to customers. Pay was terrible got around £20 every 2 weeks. Please save yourself do not work here

Bad experience.

I will not work there again contracted 55 hours per week, most of the times you do 65-75 hours and is expected from you to do this unpaid. Pure slavery. You're just a number the company doesn't look after staff. Very bad experience.

Chiquito is a good company to work for and allows you to develop within a positive environment. It is a work hard play hard culture which is thoroughly.

freedom at work

A fantastic company to work for if you are pursuing a career in hospitality. lots of freedom to express your self and be your own person in work to develop your own style

Pros

bonuses are more than generous

Cons

sacrifice some social life

Jobs at Chiquito

See more jobs

Really enjoy working here staff are friendly and very understanding overall a great place to work and hopefully can work with them for the foreseeable future

No training or support.

No managers available to support or train you. Either 50 hours a week or 30, no in-between. Chefs who don’t speak a word of English and out of date food reused and sold so the free food isn’t really appealing when you know that!!! good quality.

Pros

Free food on shift

Cons

Food wasn’t great

easy to pick up

this job did not provide me with the hours i requested, however it is an easy job to do and i found that i got the hang of thing very quickly. it is an easy going working environment but i found that it was also very competitive.

Poor management and environment

I Only worked at Uxbridge branch for 3 weeks and my employment got dismissed which was not stated in the contract at all. The job description was false because i thought you would become a waitress whereas actually i was just a runner. Pay rate was underpay compared to other companies would not recommend working here at all. the manager was very difficult to work with, she kept disagreeing with me and created a stressful, unhappy work environment causing me to be stressed and unable to enjoy the job and be focused. the manager also created unnecessary arguments and kept giving negative comments- no sign of praise or encouragement at all! which i am very disappointed having worked in many successful management companies. My hours were also getting cut and there were no benefits of being an employee either. absolutely disappointing. no recognition of hard work.

Pros

nothing

Basic Hospitality Work

Just like many other chain restaurants. Chiquito's is minimum age kinda salary restaurant which could be fun to start your career in hospitality. Little or no experience required and with much luck a good management. Environment is always abit stress full and busy.

Hospitality

If you have a passion for hospitality then they are a great company to work for. The food quality was very good and never gets old. Can be stressful at times but only when in a management position

Not the best workplace

Jobs always at risk if manager don't like you. they do not accommodate for traveling workers at all. Managers make the workers feel small. Kitchen staff made to feel like no power at all, can't raise thoughts or experess any feelingas things as it will go around and get twisted. Managers will make you come in early on a 5 hour shift expect you to wait 1 to 2 hours if it's not busy and work 2 hours and send you home 5 hours early due to no work. This is a constant thing specially Walsall.

Good comoany to work for

Chiquito is a fast paced, lively environment to work in, depending on your role and the effort you put in, the tips can be really good. The quests go to Chiquito fir the whole experience, which is, the lively music, the somraros, the moustaches and the chatty servers, who are encouraged to put their personality into everything they do.

Wouldn’t recommend

I was there for 6 months, I never got to learn the menu or be trained. Was thrown in the deep end, and thrown onto pot wash. Kitchen staff were not very talkative unless shouting for something to get. Managers were switched before I left, the second manager being the reason I left, had to remake the same dessert 7 times before she was told that is how we do it, hated the place in the end would never got back

Terrible team

Everyone was a c*nt tbh. Make you feel worthless to work there and managers expect everything to be perfect. Head chef came close to getting his a*s whooped a few times and the only okay manager was barry(although for some weird reason he was obsessed with floor bieng completely spotless every night).

not good

Chiquito company are not good to work for. I worked with some great people along the way, but mostly got zero support from managers. Made to feel small and replaceable at all times.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chiquito. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement