Choice Care Group
Choice Care Group Employee Review

Rewarding career

15 March 2019
I can only say I do love my job It’s so rewarding with our wonderful service users Training is very good along with the induction where you do a lot of training plus shadowing on shift It’s a very caring company.
5.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Being with our service users and having fun
Official response from Choice Care Group
17 May 2019
Thanks for the lovely feedback. It’s always nice to hear the positive experiences of those working for us and we really appreciate you taking the time to do this.
Deputy Manager (Current Employee) - Winchester
I have been working for this company for almost 4 years now. I started as a night staff and became deputy manager. I benefited enormously from the support of the manager and I learned so many things that help me complete my tasks every day. It is very nice to see that this company appreciates its employees and offers them the necessary support to progress in their career. Recently I had the opportunity to be registered for a training where I can get a qualification. The company provides the necessary training to be able to meet the requirements of the job. The training is paid and the transport is settled. I like to work here and most of all I like to spend time with service users. I had a beautiful experience and I continue to enjoy this job. The staff is very attentive and caring with the users. The management side is very involved in forming a good staff team. I had the experience of being seconded to another service in this company and I was pleasantly surprised to see how good it is to work with external colleagues and to be able to exchange experiences. Users are happy to live here and are always happy with the activities and company of the staff. I recommend this job if you are a person who cares. Lack of staff is a problem, but the HR team always helps and tries its best. No day is the same and the most important thing is that at the end of the day, you brought a smile on the users' faces.
Pros
Lovely users, great team, holiday with users, fun at work, friendly house, progress staff quickly
Cons
Short staff
Senior Social Care Worker (Current Employee) - Winchester, Hampshire
I have worked for Choice Care for almost 3 years. In my current home, and a home I was seconded to, I found that staff were friendly, hard working, and treated the service users with a caring attitude and with upmost respect. I think what I enjoy most about working here is the fact that the service users enjoy living here, and respond and interact with staff as though they are family, which in my opinion is a good sign as it shows trust and a feeling of safety. I would recommend working for choice care, but be prepared, as it can be a mentally heavy job, but I presume so are all other care jobs.
Pros
Friendly staff, rewarding job.
Cons
Short staffed at times.
Registered Manager (Current Employee) - Swindon, Wiltshire
Started working for Choice several years ago with no experience. Nerve-wracking at first knowing how much others rely on you to do a good job. 8 years on and confidence has grown so much. Have met some amazing service users and staff across the country and feel part of a family. My advice would be to focus on the people you are their to support and nothing else. Don't get distracted by others who may not be here to build a career in care.
Pros
Sociable. Development opportunities
Cons
Level of pay maybe doesn't always attract the right people