Chorley Council

Chorley Council Employee Reviews

Job was excellent when i first started, it is terrible now. Cuts in budget are the main cause but the management are appalling and organisation is terrible. No value of staff anymore, no one cares about the place or the job, generally not a good place to work anymore. certainly not a job for life.
Pros
The shopfloor lads are excellent
Cons
Job is terrible now, wouldnt recommend
Staff are polite with employees and visitors. I enjoyed working there i felt every invited. I worked hard whilst there and turned up nicely presented and was polite to all that came.
The public facing staff are all generally dedicated and care about the public that they are there to serve. The senior managers are, without exception, driven by cutting costs and saving money from the frontline services whilst given themselves unjustified pay rises. If your face fits and you are happy to turn a blind eye to corruption, you can do well even if you are incompetent and unqualified
I worked at this place for over 10 years and whilst I can honestly say that when I started back in 2004 it was a good place to work and that the authority was a good one to work for unfortunately this drastically changed after a few years. The place is now run like a German concentration camp and HR should acquire themselves some uniforms made by Hugo Boss. Staff are treated appallingly and bullying is widespread and when reported to the powers that be you are personally seen as a troublemaker. I have never been made to feel so undervalued or patronised in my entire life working at this place - if you are thinking of ever applying for a job here please take my advice and don't bother. I left nearly two years ago and do not regret doing so for one second.
Pros
You must be joking!
Cons
Everything - especially the chief exec!!
There is no typical day at Cotswold. Every day is different. I learned how to plan and priorotise and that I can't change the world , just help to make it better. I have enjoyed each and every day and I am part of a great, hard working efficient team. Unfortunatly changes have to be made and sometimes this means that people lose their jobs if there isn't enough government funds to keep certain positions open.
Pros
Being part of a great team, pension.
Cons
re structures
My day to day job roles now are mainly admin and IT based using computers and systems throughout the day, i process a lot of data for many departments and organise incoming and outgoing post. I have learnt how to prioritise my work and how to be organised, and have learnt a lot of customer service skills along with customer satisfaction and how to solve problems quickly and interdependently. My team is very well managed and closely run, with all co-workers have good communication and voicing all opinions for a more efficiently run office. The hardest part of the job at times can be dealing with irate customers, but I am very experienced at defusing situations and can always satisfy the customer in some way to solve a problem. My most enjoyed part is keeping busy and learning new processes, also I very much enjoy contact with customers whether it be over the phone or via email I very much enjoy hand on work where I have to put my skills and knowledge to the test and get a productive and exceptional outcome out of any work I may do.
Pros
Flexible Working Hours, Close Management, Useful health benefits and discounts.
Cons
Poor security, Low salary
It was good for the most part but i started to get abit ticked off with other staff doing what they wanted and not being punished for it, meanwhile i would do the smallest of things wrong and management would come down on me like a tonne of bricks.
  1. Employee reviews