Christchurch Harbour Hotel

Christchurch Harbour Hotel Employee Reviews

I have worked here for nearly 2 years, starting out is always hard wherever you work but all the staff are friendly and helpful. We always work to make sure everyone is finished at the same time, brilliant team environment. The job itself while sometimes hard, you always feel accomplished at the end of the day. I highly recommend working here.

Pros

Nice environment

Cons

Can be stressful on busy days

Busy but great place to work, tips are a huge bonus!

The Jetty has been a great place to work, really friendly team. A busy restaurant overall but managed very well. Good salary with great tips!Food is always fresh and the best local quality, great to work with such beautiful ingredients. Recommend

Pros

free meals, training on site.

Cons

Very productive workplace. Learning while working and a nice atmosphere.

It’s a very busy Hotel/Restaurant but the atmosphere is bubbly, fun and positive. The members of staff are very welcoming and great colleagues to work with as they’re always smiling and more than happy help you with everything you need to learn. The job can sometimes be hard but everyone’s always happy to help. The guests are always friendly and have a great time, they always show how much they appreciate all the team. Management are very accommodating with the rota to make sure it suits you. Having an ongoing medical condition myself I know the company are very understanding and patient with you. Would recommend this place to work highly as everyone makes you feel like part of the team straight away.

Pros

Get free meals when you are working which is always a bonus, 25% discount in the restaurant and bar, Other discounts available in other parts of the hotel eg, Spa and Hotel Stays (not just Christchurch but any other Harbour Hotel)

Cons

Can sometimes be long hours but they go so quickly because it’s busy and everyone enjoys themselves.

Great pay for industry and flexible to staff needs

Harbour hotels in general have really sorted there act out in recent years. Great pay, listen to staff over flexible working hours to suit the individual. What is best for me though is they focus on progressing team members and challenging them to reach the next goal. I was promoted 5 times whilst I was with them!

Pros

Staff food

A company that cares

I felt really looked after at harbour, the management really care for their teams and genuinely want the best for people. The emphasis on good hospitality is always present and guest experience is very important, a great place to work and learn

Pros

Staff meal and good tips

Brak szacunku do pracownika

NIGDY JUZ ten NIE wroce ,ta praca nie polega na wspolpracy tylko wszystko szybko i szybko

stressful

the days included cleaning over 10 rooms minimum in under 5 hours which means you have 20 minutes usually per room. there are no breaks. i learned to work under pressure. management is good except they overwork the staff by organising too much for staff. the staff are nice but the atmosphere is not fun.

Stressful and fast-paced workplace

Mostly foreign staff and often understaffed making a very stressful workplace. Expect you to work far too many shifts with few breaks. Expect you to work entire holiday season.

Proactive and fun workplace

The team was very friendly and helpfull when i arrived. Very hospitable what made for me on easy integration. Beautiful location and strong hospitality background. In the meantime i noticed poor life-job balance and bad organasational skills from the managment.

Pros

Beautiful location, great people

Cons

long houers

Low paid but stress free!

Being a kitchen porter was by far the most physically demanding but least demanding in any other way of all the jobs in the kitchen. The head chef was a great guy to work for, making his expectations clear whilst being up for a laugh and more than happy to fit hours in around family life as best he could. If it weren't for the low pay (minimum wage) I'd probably be back there!

Pros

Almost your own boss, provided you got stuff done. Free nosh!

Cons

Minimum wage

Jobs at Christchurch Harbour Hotel

See more jobs

Busy workplace

I enjoyed working here, and meeting new people within the workplace. The environment here was good, however sometimes we had to work under stress and time restrictioned which I was good at doing.

Pros

Tips

Cons

Underpaid

Housekeeping role

Typical working day is a list of around 3 full rooms and 4 services, but sometimes it can get very very busy but most workers help each other out. I learnt a lot about cleaning and actually didn't know how to change bedsheets and duvet covers until I started at this job. I had a bit of a problem with money as a few months into the job the money seemed to dramatically drop without much of an explanation as to why. This was the reason I left.

Pros

The work environment

Cons

not a lot of human interaction

Happy Atmosphere

Again this was an unpaid role as it was work experience. everyone there was very friendly and made you feel comfortable to work with them. Would be happy to go back again.

good place

was a good place to work everyone was friendly and helped you along your way. overall a nice place to work. hours are long but team spirit is always high.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Christchurch Harbour Hotel. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement

Christchurch Harbour Hotel Reviews by Location

• Christchurch Harbour Hotel
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?