Christian Aid

Christian Aid Employee Reviews

Keeps you on your toes

Working for a charity will certainly never be dull! The pressures of the ID sector mean that job security will not be top of the list, but the personal and professional developments are (probably) worth the risk.

Committed people

It is a good place to work and people generally want to focus on the bigger picture and help each other. Individuals can shape roles to some extent. Management variable.

Good to Average

Great purpose but poorly executed Great people Strained SLT Lacks drive and passion Poor forward planning and implementation Shrinking in people and revenue

Slow paced but good first job

It allowed me to gain experience in the world of retail, having assisted on the stall at the National Eisteddfod for several years selling products such as Fairtrade food and Christian Aid merchandise. This gave me face-to-face experience with customers and members of the public as well as giving me real-world mathematical experience such as handling money.

Excellent mission, flexible work place

Little progression and a lot of restructuring which often distracts from the mission. High turn over of staff and issues with regional to central communications.

Pros

really flexible schedule

Cons

little opportunity for progression

Work

This has given me face-to-face experience with customers and members of the public as well as giving me real world mathematical experience such as handling money as well as taking into account the stocks available of the products for sale.

Pros

Gain work experience

Cons

Lack of Management

Professional organisation with a fun side

flexible working, interesting work, long hours, learned software skills, microsoft, team culture, international travel, audit accepted and welcomed by management and staff

Pros

flexi working

Cons

central london

Hardworking charity organisation

This was a hardworking and dedicated charity organisation with a very good management which was understandable considering the type of industry the company was involved in.

good people to work for

nice company very flexible committed to their core values care about their staff gained great knowledge of working for a charity enjoyed working as a team

Pros

gained great knowledge

Cons

non whatsoever

Great charity

Lovely to work with. Interview and communication very pleasant. Provides training, lots of support and will help me gain some god communication skills.

Fun and Comfortable environment

I was encouraged to take a lead in the projects assigned to me and was given the opportunity to do things outside of my remit on order to further my career. E.G spend time in another department which was of interest to me.

Making a real difference and sharing resources

Great to be part of the change, fantastic people. Helping people of all faiths and none wherever the need is greatest. Working alongside volunteers in and out of churches to spread the wealth of the world.

Pros

real differences

Cons

travel

Politics and red tape

I spent quite a few years working at Christian Aid. I really believed in the cause but redundancies every year and an overly political environment drained away any enthusiasm and fun. Salary was not particularly great either.

Pros

Waterloo is easy to commute to. Some nice people.

Cons

Political environment, redundancies

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Christian Aid. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement