Christies Care

Christies Care Employee Reviews

I have been working for Christies Care for just over a year. It is a very fast-paced environment and have learnt many new things. The management are excellent and are always there to lend a hand and offer advice. It is a friendly office environment.
Pros
Free Parking, Christmas meal, work from home opportunities
Cons
No bonus structure
I’d worked for the company over 2 years. Christie’s Care has very good training but they often don’t pay National Minimum Wage and undercount working hours. It is difficult to get any support and feel a valuable part of the team. Unfortunately they don’t appreciate their carers’ work.
Pros
Good training
Cons
Pay below National Minimum Wage, unpaid working hours
A great place to work for those passionate about others. Rewarding and culturally diverse. Great support staff. Totally rewarding experience. Clients are great. Opportunities to travel.
Have been an employee for nearly 1 year and I have loved my time here so far!! All staff are so friendly, the work is so rewarding and each day is different. Great atmosphere and overall lovely place to work.
Worst company ever!! The company dosnt work for the clients or there careeers they are just there to make money No caring or compassion..Its all about money revenue Dont make the mistake like i didDont work for this company. .
Pros
Cons
Horrible staff an terrible hostile clients
No respect for their workers point of view. Will not support worker. Do not give carer advice. Client always correct even if the facts prove otherwise. No disciplinary hearing. Just dismissal.
Pros
Cons
No support
Official response from Christies Care
24 August 2020
Good Afternoon,Thank you for taking the time to review Christies Care.We are sorry to hear you feel this way. All incidents are thoroughly investigated by our Quality and Safeguarding team before any action is taken.We do value your opinion and we will take all of your concerns onboard. We wish you all the best in the future.Christies Care
Christie's care are a good company to work for but you are really just another number and easily replaced. Unfortunately there's not a lot to progress to within the company.
They do not care about anything. Rude, not intelligent people. Many promises, zero actions. No contact with management. Salary is poor, work is not supported by the team.
It is a credible agency. They pay regularly and cooperation is good.
I worked for this company for almost 6 years. They take advantage of their carers.. it is all about money for them. They really do not care about the carers!!!
Pros
Cons
Everything.. pay.. hours to work.. lying about the clients
Good agency to work for. Thorough induction training as well as yearly update training. Good support from team. Client fees could be higher and it takes a while to build up regular clients.
Pros
Good training and ongoing support
Cons
Client fees could be better, especially for the more ‘difficult’ clients.
Assisting with my clients needs on a day to day basis. Making a difference in their lives. Caring for them to the best of my ability. By cooking healthy meals and keeping them comfortable and interacting.
could not be happier with christies care and the family of carers. if i would choose to do it all over again I would training was great and the help I received getting my care certificate was very good and helpful
Having previously worked in the office the management don't listen, spend more time trying to find ways to get at other Hods and have absolutely no level of care for staff or clients all about the money! Wonderful clients but horrendous company. All back stabbing, rude, ungrateful and only worried about budgets and increasing fees for the elderly and those who b need fhem
Very good company to work for. The training team are fantastic. It is long periods away from home but very rewarding. If you've not done care before I would recommend seriously considering if this is the way you want to learn as it can be very challenging.
Agency is more concerned about their clients than there employees - e.g. they will look after their clients before their employees. Not much other to be said.
Pros
The money, free accomodation & food
Cons
The mental torture and lack of support
This has the potential for being a great place to work, but the lack of management decisions and the 'stab in the back' culture make this a very difficult place to work. workers are more concerned on getting one up on their colleagues than doing their own job
Pros
large carpark
Cons
bullying culture
The job role it's self was a tally brilliant very fare rates of pay for the work your doing, brilliant mangers who assist you all the way if I could go back I would! Can pick and choose what you work weeks wise and when you take a break
Pros
Good staff
The initial training might be good, but anything past a superficial level of support is an absolute mess. Staff treat carers like idiot children who can’t think for themselves and aren’t allowed to have opinions that might clash with theirs. Management is a shambles that can only communicate through lies and desperate cover ups.
Pros
Initial training
Cons
Literally, everything, else.
Good company to work for, lots of rewards and great people to work with. You get to meet many good people. work it self is not too bad, could be mentally draining but the achievements override this.
Pros
bonus
Cons
mentally draining
Management structure - very dated Typical work day - unstructured Learning CPD - average Difficult to deal with some managers, their way or no way. No support from managers.
Pros
Large well established company
Cons
No support to do the right thing
  1. Employee reviews