Chubb Fire & Security
Happiness score is 42 out of 100

Chubb Fire & Security Employee Reviews

United Kingdom140 reviews

targetengineerrolesitesecuritystaffsalarylong

American owned business, going through lots of changes. Limited resources and too many management levels and departments. Quite a confusing role

Worked here nearly 14 years, initially was great and really enjoyed the role. However two companies merged in 2008 and things got more difficult. Chubb constantly purchase other companies and divide into different sectors. Admin required to understand and work within and for all sectors. Quite confusing and stressful. Salaries seemed ok until we had the need to replace staff, HR suggested much higher pay for new starters than existing experienced colleagues. Yet they insist they are highly ethical. Not a terrible job by any means but lots to learn and understand. They constantly reduce staff numbers but expect the same level of workload, speed and accuracy and flexibility.

Could be wonderful place to work

Worked hard in all aspects but management gave no encouragement only out to please their superiors , management should be better vetted.i think I have said enough.

Pros

Company car

Cons

Bad management

Insights into Chubb Fire & Security

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energising work tasks

the only culture there is bullying and fear from managers

When you first worked there the work loads is fine but then over time it starts to build up no help from team leaders and managers a culture of backstabbing where managers Encourage this this as got to be the worst job I’ve done in my working career I was not depressed when I started there but I am now because of the job and culture

Pros

4 days off

Cons

4 days off

It was fun at the start until taken over by an American company

I loved my time there but got difficult towards the end and then moved the company miles away from home.I loved working with the engineers and the rapport you built up with them and also learning about security equipment and how it works.

Pros

Good breaks

Fine

Lots of bureaucracy and office politics.A lot of effort to complete the interview and a probation period for little reward. Zero progression opportunites.

Pros

Day to day not very stressful and a convenient location

Cons

Criminally underpaid

Very competitive lot of working alone, so you had to be able to keep yourself motivated

Require’s lot of hard work often on your own, lot of cold calling, some leads are given from office, but this depends on the area that you are given to work. Most of my area was rural so I didn’t get many leads and I was still targeted the same as someone else who’s area’s included a city so they would receive far more leads. However this did have its downside as well as parking was always a problem, you didn’t get that in a rural setting. However pays well if your willing to put in the effort.

Pros

Can pay well

Cons

Keeping yourself motivated when things are not going well

Chubb is a fast paced but pleasant place to work

I would recommend Chubb as a job to anyone who wanted a fast paced but non stressful place to work. The targets are relatively easy and the team leaders very helpful. Management is great and twice I have made them aware of difficulties I have had and both times it has been dealt with efficiently and firmly.

Pros

Glasses paid up to 55 pounds. A great benefits website. Parties at Christmas.

Figure oriented

Manager had poor information and lacked visionary ability for creating business opportunities particularly for talented internal staff and subsequently these people left for better opportunities and companies.

Pros

Early finish Friday

Cons

Long hours not enjoyable

Ran by so called ex engineers with no management skills. Absolutely Disgraceful!!

Had 2/4 good years there as an engineer. It’s all about money and figures. No respect or loyalty shown to staff or customers. If your face doesn’t fit or you aren’t willing to bow down to them, then it will never end well for you!! Ran by ex engineers who have no clue now that they get to wear a shirt n pants! Absolute bullies! They’ll do anything and everything to catch you out. Never received one Thankyou! Got worse with the move from Middleton to Chadderton branch. It soon proved even clearer of what managers are all about! Total bullies who will grind you down. Spoke to and treated like dirt! I left with stress, couldn’t take it any longer! Looks ok from the outside but if you listen engineers on the inside, you’ll soon see..

Pros

Engineers are good lads

Cons

Stress, under staffed, rude, obnoxious managers with no skills

Pretty good to work for

Worked here when they were based local to me. Good company staff were great. Social and generally pleasant. The work was fast paced but equally shared out amongst staff

Pros

Good staff

Fun place to work

People on site very nice. Top management kept everything close to chest and lacked communication.. call centre and therefore was a lot of iness between departments. My manager always had my back.

Pros

Good wages

Cons

Long hours, travel

Poor management and business acumen

If I could have given zero stars for most of the categories, I would have. No empathy from management, no guidance, out dated ethos and sales practices. Made me redundant at start of first lockdown, could’ve furloughed me but decided to put me out of work instead with no thought of how I was going to support my family. Worst company to work for as no value attached to any of their staff.

Pros

Cons

Read above experiences.

Awful Company to work for!!!

What was once an amazing place to work and who paid their Engineers above Markets rates has now resulted in being a company that pays its Engineers way way way below Market Rates and is now in my opinion one of the worst payers in the industry due to pay cuts after pay cuts.As a Fire Alarm Service Engineer you are paid a very very low basic which is about half of what you would expect to get as your basic for current Market Rates.You are then told that you will make the rest up on commission!!!This used to work well until the Sales Team started undercutting and resigning up the existing customer base at vastly lower prices and often vastly reducing the existing prices and signing more and more customers up to fully comprehensive contracts which meant we as Engieneers no longer got commission on parts replaced.I was part of a team of eight D&A Fire Alarm Field Service Engineers and within 18 months seven had resigned and one had moved into sales.If you take the job as a Fire Alarm Service Engineer expect to be earning well below market rates and I left after many many years as I could no longer even afford to pay my bills and outgoings as I was in the red on payday!!!!

Pros

Cons

Terrible Pay, Management Don’t Care, pressured to cross sell, pressured to replace parts

Very clicky place,old staff members sticking together

No training providrd,expected to just do the staff,hardly any support from team membrrs as they were too busy,management not approachable,no one seems to know anything,Ask 1 question get 4 answers!Very high staff turnover...

Pros

Free parking

Cons

No support, no adequate training, stressfull

This place is not good for a mental health

Place is a shambles. Major health & safety issues everywhere. Management are slave drivers. Holidays approved day before it starts even if applied month before. Conflict of interest: team leader got his cousin a job and gave him easiest work. Fire extinguishers are going to customers half empty. No help from HR whatsoever. Lucky enough I have taken a lot of photos and videos so I can report all this to the right authorities

Pros

Cons

As described

Started in feb made redundent in march

Started in feb and made redundent a month after, no exlanation, no support. Left a permaneat job of 5 years for the whole retention team to be made redundent

Worst management of any company I’ve worked

They don’t care about people only numbers and will get rid of you on a whim if needed. I was made redundant at the start of COVID 19 lockdown with no thought as to how I was to survive despite furlough being an option. Avoid at all costs.

Pros

Nice colleagues

Cons

Terrible management, product trading insufficient and poor work environment.

Very stressfull place to work

Poor management . Want you to achieve the impossible. Whatever you do will never be enough. I have never worked for a company that has caused me so much stressAvoid this employer .

Hard work but good salary

Typical day at work involves responding to a few call out but majority of the daily work is routine maintenance. I have been able to work towards some qualifications whilst working here which is good. Same as any work place I imagine, some of the management are alright but others are not. The hardest part of the job is meeting deadlines with too much workload. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to self-manage my time (to a degree).

Pros

Good salary, good team, company vehicle

Cons

Work/life ratio, on call, stressful

Marine Service Engineer

A Very H&S orientated Company. Very Professional and Punctual in their line of work. Due to the dept I was under time was important to make sure vessels sailed on time. A vehicle was given to you to complete your work and you get to visit places and confront the customer face to face. You wasn't pushed by management they gave you the work you complete it in time given. Any issues you encounter you bring it to their attention in which they sort it out to allow you to continue to your next job.

Good management leadership.

Good company to work with. Very high level of KPI , RFI etc of paper works required weekly. Including lots of weekly management meets held with main contractor.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chubb Fire & Security. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement