Church of Scotland

Church of Scotland Employee Reviews

The management and staff that I interacted with were very welcoming and friendly and the pace of work was quite relaxed. Would recomend if you feel like doing some good for your community.
In a high stakes environment it’s reasy to get stressed out by everything happening around you but at Church of Scotland its simple to keep your cool and stay level headed.
Lovely staff and volunteers, very important service for the community. Quite a loose structure which works in favour of the service and its clean and welcoming.
Pros
great environment
Cons
lack of funding
Helped organise a fake wedding for primary 1s at Craigbank Primary School and many more activities with babies and toddlers where I worked with children aged between 6 months to 3 years of age
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
I enjoyed gaining valuable vocational experience in cleaning, and being involved with the life of the church while there. My employers ensured that my cleaning tasks were varied, and included setting up tables for events, where I had the chance to meet people and get acquainted with people there, who were very friendly towards me. I also gained practical experience in correct handling of cleaning equipment and chemicals, which I am also grateful for.
The people have been very welcoming and made me feel part of the team even though I am only temping. I am doing a lot of simple admin jobs such as answering phones and photocopying.
Daily processing of payments & banking income. Reconciliation of various Bank Accounts. Management Accounts, running reports.
Pros
Flexi-time
Cons
Lack of reward
A typical day might be writing a summary of press coverage for internal circulation, taking press calls, liaison with senior management on response to the day's enquiries and interviewing staff for features on the website.
Pros
Great location
Cons
Too close to expensive shops
A typical day at wellhall would be to get the handover from previous shift and then checking on residents. I have had a great deal of training including svq level3, PDA supervision in health and care and have received a lot of training regarding the job for the care of the elderly.I enjoyed working and caring for the residents at wellhall. I was trained to the highest standard and wish to continue in this way at any future position I may get.
From the day I started it has been like being adopted into a new and loving family. Everyone has been welcoming and caring The work is varied and interesting, sometimes demanding of time and always chalenging in that I have a position of responsibility to present clear and consise sermons on God's Word as it applies to today and to the life of the congregation.
Pros
meeting witha nd working with people
Cons
A typical day at work was being organised for your meal times, collecting supplies and transporting them to your unit. starting to prepare laundry by stripping beds, collecting soiled clothes and general tidying up of childrens rooms. preparing and cooking your meals for the allocated times. clearing up after meals and preparing for next meal time.Management were usually never seen.Although we occasionally worked as a team i.e for functions, we mostly worked on our own. I did however get on well with my co- workers.The hardest part of the job was the every day challenging behaviour from the children. As these children were in care and taken from their natural suroundings they could be very abusive so the job was stressful and challenging.The enjoyable factor of the job was seeing the changes occurr in the children after time and witness them mature.
Pros
health benifits, wages, hours, collegues
Cons
enviroment, lack of communication, abusive behaviour
  1. Employee reviews