Churchill Security Ltd

Churchill Security Ltd Employee Reviews

Well managed Easy to get hold of

Ok to work for always paid on time, Easy to get hold of Working alone is not always easy although direct access to control or police if needed, Fortnightly pay

Save the best

Worked for Churchill for not quite 2 years, The staff (in control and office) that I dealt with were really nice and helpful.the pay was fortnightly and never wrong, however the hourly rate could be increased.The only downside is that they use SP's regularly.

Great company to work for and it is like a little family

Working at churchill security is such a pleasure, as everyone is very professional and friendly.Being a great place to work is the difference between being a good company and great company .Churchill Security is a great company with fantastic Purposes and virtues.Here at churchill, we are all on the adventure together, we are creating a company that we sincerley believe in.Our objective is to make a postive impact on peoples lives

Pros

Great working environment and lovely people

Great company

Great working for a company that care about staff welfare and development Receive multiple calls and visits from supervisors and managers to check in and ensure I don’t need anything

Cons

Long shifts

Great Culture

This company has really changed in the past year to a much more friendly and inclusive organisation. I have been with Churchill for three years and don't foresee myself being anywhere else.

Pros

Better then most firms out there !!!

I started working for Churchill first in London but now in Manchester as an officer, my first site in london was a great site to work on the guys I worked with were all expericenced and the clients staff were nice too. My manager would pop in a couple times a month to catch up and unlike other managers ive worked for he picked up his phone when i called him the area supervisor also used to visit me when I was on a night shift. I was lucky because i had a regular site and was permantly based there. I moved to Manachester and i was lucky to get a transfer. Like any firm if you get a good manager and a regular site it makes working as an officer easier

Pros

Fortnightly Pay

Cons

Uniform can take a while to be delivered

Avoid

Not good, no support, left to own devices, dont respond to guards at all...wages can be slow ..late..wrong amounts etc.long shifts, no wellfair checks done on lone workers..

Pros

Cons

Some

Avoid

Management cant manage,there is no communication between managers and staff,they do not listen and do not act when issues are relayed to them.no man management, left to work things out for myself, jobs are not risk assesed which they should be by law.no thought given to staff health and safety I was dismissed during my probation period and no legitimate reason was given.

great bunch and team

really enjoyed my time as short as it was and would love to return they are great bunch of guys. very caring and interesting contracts to complete, would return anytime

Good People

Decent, honest people throughout. My Area Manager and Supervisor were always approachable and there’s a great focus on work life balance. Even the Directors came to see me when I had been unwell.

Would work with them again

They lost the site contract which was a shame, never had a problem with them. Always kind, very helpful, and understanding in times of welfare issue. Never had a problem with pay. Office staff friendly and helpful, always received a speedy response via email. Regional manager and supervisor were great, honestly could fault this company. Was a shame to end up having to be TUPED over to a new company as the client wasn’t happy with Churchill. Would works for them again if they had more contracts down my way.

Good Employer

I worked at Churchill for over 2 years and although the pay was not the best but lets face it no where is in security, i was always paid correctly and on time. Work/Life balance is obviously not going to be great as in the security game as most clients want security during unsociable hours. The work culture was excellent and always friendly.

Extremely poor employer

Working as the Mobile Response Officer (MRO) you will be in a key pivotal position within the company (IF YOU CALL BEING TREATED LIKE DOG POO a key pivotal position) this company will ask the world of you but pull you in with the view to firing you for anything that suites them at the time. you will be expected to stay on sites for over 15 hours why engineers turn up you will then still be expected to complete your next 12+ hr shift even if you have only been out of work for 6-7hrs since your last shift you will be expected to give up your days off to cover the lazy none workers who get away with everything they have been losing staff and contracts like a bucket with a hole in there will be no job security with this firm BE WARNED A VERY POOR EMPLOYER

Would not recommend.

They work on the 0 hour policy. They don't put themselves out to find you work. They will leave you for weeks on end without shifts. The don't care if you starve or lose your house. You have to ask them for work, then they will tell you, that there is a new site available 15 miles away from you starting tomorrow, if you want to give that a try. Well Duh. If I hadn't of rang, I wonder if they would of offered it to me. The only good thing about this company is that they are flexible and the Supervisors are sound.

Good company and management

I enjoyed my time with Churchill very much and only left as the site I was working at was sold for renovation and there were no more sites nearby. One of the better companies I have worked for!

Pros

Easy to contact management

Cons

Not enough sites

Biggest joke of a security I ever worked for

Avoid at all cost turned up for my shift only to be told by store manager that Churchill had lost the contract nobody from Churchill even contacted me about this poor management didn't even bother to interview me give me the job straight away no contract either been doing security for 15 years this is by far the worst company ever

Pros

Leaving the company

Cons

Working for them in the first place

Challenging

Was always a busy day in the office, potential clients ringing and querying the services Churchill offered etc and there was always targets that needed to be hit.

Pros

Some staff was friendly

Cons

Not much support

Great Company

Great company and I enjoyed my time there albeit it was a short one. The culture was second to none and all staff were great people to work with from the top down.

Good Security Company

Difficult to leave star ratings for an industry that will differ with every deployment. I found Churchill great to work for, the head office is friendly and all supervisors and management have good intentions. In my experience the sites are comfortable and all have welfare. Flexible around my availability, as long as i am flexible in return. I would recommend this company for anyone who wants to work in security

Pros

Flexible hours and deployments

Cons

Security work has plenty of cons, none Churchill specific though

Not the worst but not the best.

Be prepared to basically be left to it and watch managers try and manage but are out of their depth. Poor pay so constantly looking for something better. Paid every two weeks- never any issues in fact person that deals with pay very helpful.

Pros

Two weekly pay.

Cons

Short shift notice

Bad company to work for

Churchill security is a bad company to work for NO organisation from head office, NO proper management structure and wasnt provided with any uniform or ppe when working on a explosive site with extremely dangerous chemicals.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Churchill Security Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement