Churchlake Care

Churchlake Care Employee Reviews

I work at Belmont House in Bodmin and the staff there are very caring and hard working. The manager is very approachable and understanding and I find this a good place to work.
I have worked At Axbridge Court now for 7 years, and I have seen many positive changes along the way,I love it here and I enjoy my job and we have a good working relationship with the team, many of which that have also been here a number of years.Given the Global pandemic, some days can be a challenge, but we all do everything we can for our residents. I am proud to be part of a team that are passionate about care and have been successful in keeping our home Covid free.
Pros
Free Lunches, Free Parking, Free Training, Bonus Scheme, Hard Working Team.
There has been some bad press in the past with previous managers, but I can clearly see the new management team are caring and working hard for all the residents and staff, I have felt welcomed and feel very encouraged that the whole current staff team is working hard to provide a truly person-centered environment designed to provide for the individuals within our care.I have seen staff go above and beyond to ensure the individuals are cared for in a warm and safe home and that they have a life filled with enrichment and care, and I have to say I feel privileged to be a part of that service. There are hard days of course, but overall a rewarding and fulfilling job role.
Pros
free lunchs, a place to park, fantastic supportive staff and management.
Cons
hard work
As the new manager coming in, just 6 weeks ago, I have found the team very welcoming and incredibly willing to take on new, yet positive changes. We have all worked hard as a team to turn the home around. However no one is greater than anyone else and we all respect and welcome each other’s ideas and opinions. The team that are in place now are like family, there is a warm welcoming atmosphere, yet also very professional in all they do. With a strong emphasis on person centered care towards residents, family and each other it is clear how much the home means to each individual working here. I am proud to be managing this home and look forward to coming into work.
Pros
Staff team, free food, paid breaks, happy atmosphere
Cons
Being a new member of the staff team I was welcomed immediately by the rest of the staff. I have never felt more welcome and accepted. The home itself feels like home and I already feel like I have been there for years rather than months (in a good way). Management are great and will always listen to new ideas and are very approachable.
Pros
Cooked lunch
Started employment with Church Lake Care on the 9th November 2020, as the new Registered Manager for Holmewood Residential Home. I've found the Senior Management Team very understanding and very supportive with matching my ambitions and vision for Holmewood Residential Home. May it continue, we can achieve great things together.
Pros
All staff receive free lunches, uniform and DBS Checks.
Cons
N/a
We have only been a part of the Churchlake Groups for under one year, but already I have found the support level fantastic. My opinions have been listened to, anything I have needed I have been given approval for and the company as a whole is becoming a better place to work with Churchlake in charge. I find that no matter who I have spoken to in any role throughout the wider company I have received nothing but kindness. I am very happy working here.
Pros
Brilliant support network, great staff, progression opportunities for all.
Cons
None.
I have been at churchlake for about 6 months now, Every day is different, and never fail to enjoy it. Through this challenging time the home has taken every precaution to look after the residents, there is a great sense of teamwork. I get support off my Manager and Deputy and I have been welcomed with open arms by everyone. If a family member of mine ever needed to go into care I would not hesitate, and I know that I would be 100% confident that I would feel comfortable with them being in either Elizabeth House or Moorfields.
I have worked here for a few weeks and already feel like I am part of a caring and supportive team who strive to make a difference everyday. Everyone is very busy and works so hard, but if I need help someone is always available to answer my questions. The management team are extremely helpful and approachable. I have a good work life balance and enjoy the work I am doing. I am always busy, and the work is varied and interesting. I would recommend working here.
Worked here for a few years and found it to go steadily down hill. Very little company support and sadly led by people that dont know what they are doing. When speaking up was told I cannot speak to the CEO as he doesn't want to be bothered! I am qualified for a role that was not advertised but was filled, we lost a great manager due to lack of support and bullying. I was made to work along side staff that had not recieved training, I have been shouted at and belittled by senior managers who are supposed to be running the company and suggest they re hire appropriate people for these roles. Until they do, dont bother working here.
Pros
Cons
No training for staff, rude and unskilled clinical governance manager, frightening COO.
I have worked in this home for a very long time and have always be passionate about my job here i loved it it was like my second home and the residents was like my family. Untill they hired staff that wasnt trained and management that was there to save money and not to benefit the residents and there home corners are being cutt and 75% of the carers and staff are amazing but the staff only have 2 hands each and the amont they are expected to do on a daily basic understaffed as always with many challenges on every shift no support from head of care on management anything you ask for is to much and the manager hasnt even been out the office spent anytime getting to know the staff or the residents no compassion at all and no appreciation the staff i would not recommend working here at all
Pros
The lovely residents
Cons
No staff room and above
I worked for churchlake care for 2 years, last year the management had changed and things finally went wrong, staff was not appreciated, staff were bullied, we were worked under pressure, the residents wasn’t getting the correct personal care leaving residents in bed until 2/3 o’clock in the afternoon. Management had changed 2/3 times within the space of 6 months during the covid pandemic. The management are bullies and I would not recommend working at Belmont nursing home.
Pros
None.
Cons
Healthcare is shocking!
15 December 2020
Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate you taking the time to give your views. We are sorry that your employment at Churchlake Care was a negative experience for you. Since the new Manager, Pen Clark, has been in charge at Belmont Nursing Home she has established excellent team spirit in the home and residents continue to receive care in line with their wishes. Your feedback is valued and the Management Team has taken into account the issues you have raised.Once again, thanks for getting in touch.Churchlake Care Administration Team
Sad to see company went downhill. Always short staffed. People that do the least get treated better. Dog in and out of kitchen. Barks all the time. No Activities. Not a nice atmosphere to work in. Sad as it used to be a lovely place to work. Glad I got out when I did.
Pros
Most of staff are nice
Cons
Undervalued
15 December 2020
Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate you taking the time to give your views. We are sorry that your employment at Churchlake Care was a negative experience for you. All colleagues are supported through a structured induction process including completion of mandatory training to make sure they are up to date with the latest guidance and legislations. There are regular activities taking place in our Homes and this is reflected on our Facebook Pages. Your feedback is valued and the Management Team has taken into account the issues you have raised.Once again, thanks for getting in touch.Churchlake Care Administration Team
never fully staffed over workes under paid called in constantly on your day off because there isn't enough staff! Management is very poor and lack of experience and knowledge! Residents get no 1-2-1 time.
Pros
Cons
everything
15 December 2020
Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate you taking the time to give your views. We are sorry that your employment at Churchlake Care was a negative experience for you. Staff levels in our Homes are reviewed regularly and are based on the needs of those residents within our care. If members of staff call in sick, a local care agency provides us with skilled staff who are known to our residents. All colleagues are supported through a structured induction process including completion of mandatory training to make sure they are up to date with the latest guidance and legislations. Managers must also undertake a complex interview to become a Registered Manager in our Homes. Your feedback is valued and the Management Team has taken into account the issues you have raised. Once again, thanks for getting in touch.Churchlake Care Administration Team
I have worked in both of the bury homes for a number of years. I am really impressed with the new manager in situ. She actually knows what she's doing and puts the residents and staff first. The homes are much more welcoming, friendly and the environment is second to none. I think the homes are at a much better standard than ever and that is all down to the support from the home manager.
I was thrown on shift with no induction with staff who didnt know what they were doing. Understaffed on most shifts and the only time I actually saw the manager was at my very short interview. Most people were not using PPE dispite the pandemic. Company site says outstanding homes but they are mostly requires improvement! Reported to the manager several failings and she ignored them!!!
Pros
Cons
Lack of leadership, short staffed, low wages, no training
15 December 2020
Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate you taking the time to give your views. We are sorry that your employment at Churchlake Care was a negative experience for you. All colleagues are supported through a structured induction process including completion of mandatory training to make sure they are up to date with the latest guidance and legislations. We are committed to supporting new employees develop in their role and provide shadow staff, competency assessments, probationary reviews and appraisals. During the pandemic we have always followed Government/Health official guidance on the correct use of PPE in all our Homes. We have a clear complaints policy in every Home and all complaints are taken very seriously and dealt with in line with the policy. All managers have an open door policy to discuss any issues staff may have. Your feedback is valued and the Management Team has taken into account the issues you have raised. Once again, thanks for getting in touch.Churchlake Care Administration Team
Awful company to work for. The harder you work the more they pick on you. The worse employees that sit around and do nothing get praised beyond belief. No communication. Machinery breaks in areas I.e kitchen/laundry and nothing done abott it for months. Extremely poor management towards the end of my employment there. Glad I left when I did.
Pros
Some great people to work with and lovely residents
Cons
Everything else. Wages, training is a joke, supervisors and management a joke too.
This company is business based not care based. While the staff were lovely they were over worked and under trained. Word spread to me quickly that the company is not liked and there is zero support from senior managment. No complaints process, if you want to complain about the COO it goes to him and is ignored/buried. So many managers have left, good managers. Replaced by yes people.
Pros
Cons
No respect for staff, no complaints process, inadequacy care plans, incorrect leadership.
19 November 2020
Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate you taking the time to give your views. We are sorry that your employment at Churchlake Care was a negative experience for you. All colleagues are supported through a structured induction process including completion of mandatory training to make sure they are up to date with the latest guidance and legislations. We have a clear complaints policy in every Home and all complaints are taken very seriously and dealt with in line with the policy. All managers have an open door policy to discuss any issues staff may have. Your feedback is valued and the Management Team has taken into account the issues you have raised.Once again, thanks for getting in touch.Churchlake Care Administration Team
No support from management whatsoever. Even though this was the case, the staff all got on well and worked together to make the lovely residents feel at home. However it is a terrible, terrible company to work for. Avoid at all costs.
19 November 2020
Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate you taking the time to give your views. We are sorry you found there was no support from management during your employment – all managers have an open door policy to discuss any issues staff may have. We are pleased that you enjoyed working with your colleagues and residents. Your feedback is valued and the Management Team has taken into account the issues you have raised.Once again, thanks for getting in touch.Churchlake Care Administration Team
I found this company to provide very little support. No complaints process an Ops manager who didnt listen and clinical manager who is very rude. Anyone who tries to speak up is labelled a disgruntled employee. Glad I left. Terrible company.
19 November 2020
Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate you taking the time to give your views. We are sorry that your employment at Churchlake Care was a negative experience for you. We have a clear complaints policy in every Home and all complaints are taken very seriously and dealt with in line with the policy. All managers have an open door policy to discuss any issues staff may have. Your feedback is valued and the Management Team has taken into account the issues you have raised.Once again, many thanks for getting in touch.Churchlake Care Administration Team
Good management Good people to work with Easy to talk with Very understanding They support you to improve They offer you opportunities if you want to improve
  1. Employee reviews