Cineworld

Cineworld Employee Reviews

Unfortunately my job was maintenance so really worked on my own which I didn't mind however all the other staff where always friendly quite a young group but they all seemed to enjoy it their as part of front of house staff and the management where always happy to help i didn't work their very long just because I didn't have enough to do but I did enjoy my short time and if the position I was in was a bit busyer and more satisfying for me personally I would happily still be their it would have been nice to be able to play a bigger role in the team and get to know the staff and managers better recommend it for someone looking to work in a fun loving young customer service orientated environment! *****
Pros
Free Premiers great staff
Cons
Some late shifts and can be very quiet in weeks when kids at school
Group interview is fine, called back the same day and offered the job. However, it's an awful place to work. Management were incredibly judgemental and difficult to work and get along with, making everything much more stressful than it needed to be. Co-workers were very nice, the problem lies in the management. It's fine for a part-time job (if you don't mind having a very low morale which carries over to your normal life) but not sustainable for a career due to 0 hours contract. The best part of the job was cleaning the screen rooms after a film, just what you want...
Pros
co-workers
Cons
all management above "team member"
A typical day deppends on your shift and site i was based at nottingham, the pay as you progress gets better becasue you have contracted hours. however the stress is not worth it the actual job itself is great, you clean screens, stock up and do papaer work. sometimes get to help on areas such as av. but as a suporvisor you are expected to be eveywhere at once and if your area is falling behind some mamangers will not help you, becasue they are too busy doing a presentation for the regional manger becasue they are sleeping together. The managment 'team' do not work together, people work hard on organizing a project to promote but if a manager does not like it, it will be changed without them telling you. the culture of this place is very much if your not best freinds with a manager then you will not progress. some of the managers will help you and they will be people you call friends, but the job can be very stressful, sometimes with no help your running the whole place, you will start at around 8.30 til about 4.45 and late shifts can be up until 2/3am. I would not recomend this job if it great if your at a team member level but if you go high there is so much unnessacry stress, this was my experiance at this site some were better than others but the culture is about the same across the board. my advise is go elsewhere turn back now while you have the chance!
Pros
Free films
Cons
long hours, late finishes, managment culture
Horrible place to work higher ups do not care about you as a colleague managers are fun people maybe the higher ups should take some classes plus owner is a ********
Really enjoy working there, the time spent working with the team is always really productive and fun. Love the customer interactions. A really awesome place to work 🙂
The hours are close to enslavement and I was also held against having extremely short lunch break for 8 hours. That is almost my entire shift.The team leaders aren’t always an issue however they can get away with quite a lot. They are like the minions. The report to the managers in the office eating pizza unbothered of the breakdowns and assistance needed when the building become full in a new Marvel movie for example. They are eating pizza.The only time Working at the Enfield cineworld was enjoyable because of the fellow team members is was joined with.
Pros
Free Movies Tickets, Popcorn, Friendly employees mostly
Cons
Short&strict lunch, Childish Management, no cleaners for theatres, either extremely busy or empty.
Just awful.The hours are sporadic, meaning you cannot budget. It's zero hours, and advertises 'flexibility', yet that flexibility is all on Cineworld's end and not on yours. To put it clearly - they can pick and choose when you have hours, and you are completely unable to turn the hours down. It's like a zero hours contract with all the drawbacks, plus some more drawbacks on top.If - somehow - you never actually need money or a regular income - this is the place for you. If you are a normal person who needs to budget and pay bills, avoid this absolute rubbish.As for the job, well, it's just like any other retail jobs except FILMS! You'll still be poor, you'll still be wasting your life, and you'll still be going absolutely nowhere.
Pros
Free films?
Cons
Zero hours contract
Easily the best job I have ever had! Benefits were great! included discounts at local restaurants and Cineworld itself! If you love movies and believe that you are a friendly and energetic person, this is the job for you!
Pros
Free Movies
Cons
Got to wait 3 months until you can gain most of the benefits ....
The only redeeming factor working here were my coworkers, but even they couldn't get me to stay in this job for more than a month. Very poorly managed and run, making it incredibly stressful for us team members.
Worked for Cineworld in one of their biggest sites for about a year and a half. It's not a difficult job, so long as you actually do the work you need to, when it needs done. Lots of downtime punctuated by insanely busy periods. Like most jobs, it's your fellow co-workers that really make it especially as there is lots of time to socialise. A strong stomach is advised as you will have to routinely clean some of the worst man-made messes I've ever seen including but not limited to: all body fluids possible, nappies, needles, used condoms, sanitary products, etc (cinema customers are notoriously disgusting), and you will NOT be provided adequate PPE for any of this. My site was huge, but poorly managed (both physically and in a business sense). Toilets, escalators, all equipment at snacks, the tills, the projectors, the lights, etc broke down on an almost daily basis. They'd do the cheapest, laziest, quickest repairs so they'd break the next day again anyway. Several staff members were hospitalised from electric shocks.Management were feckless nest of snakes, there were a lot of them and only the very newest ones seemed to give a toss and/or have a clue. They'd waste everyone's time having ridiculous "have your say" meetings, only to ignore almost every single concern raised and in some cases actually belittle and dismiss them. They would never, ever have staff's back in customer disputes (even when faced with physical and verbal abuse) but try and pretend to be your best friend in the staff room. Duplicitous enough to forge staff signatures on important documents on MULTIPLE - more...
Pros
Free movies, good social life, flexible hours
Cons
Poor management, completely money-orientated and soulless corporation, poor working conditions
I've been with the company for at least 2 years, and it has offered many different experiences through my time before Covid hit.There are two types of days - Very quiet or very busy. This would generally be determined how the day would go and depending on the team for that day, would make it a make or break your shift - as you could have a great team or a bad team.Hours are not fixed, so you could start at 8 am and work up to 7.5 hrs or finish as late as 2 am. Shift patterns vary so they will never be fixed. There are times, where you could finish at 10/11 pm then start at 9 am/10 am the next day which can be stressful if it peak times. Extra shifts or overtime are offered from time to time, though there is no unsocial hour pay as its fixed pay.
Pros
- 2 Free Tickets to Movies as long as you have worked well, - A 40% discount on all concessions goods, - Hours are good: though I was flexible for 40hrs for most of the week, - Staff and Management were friendly
Cons
- Difficult to get holiday leave during holiday seasons, - Can be stressful, - Rude Customers sometimes get comps if they complain long enough, Repetitive cleaning (Even before Covid hit), Didnt really see any chances to improve skills/given new tasks and challenges such as stock count.
Dont bother applying. You get put on a zero hour contract. You can be loyal to them for years and dropped and left with no pay for months on end. Youll also find out they're about to close from twitter first. Ridiculous company.
Pros
40% off concessions. Some free films.
Cons
Zero hour job. Unsecure.
Worked there for just under two years. In my time there, I worked myself to the bone working towards promises of progression that never happened.Expected you to come to work even when sick, never had enough staff on to make sure they weren't understaffed if someone did call in sick (even during covid-19) so you'll be passing each other illnesses back and forth. Some Team members eat food left in the screens and that is disgusting, I'm fairly sure that's why so many people were getting sick in the first place. Have since been made redundant because the company is propped up on massive debts and can't afford to take care of its staff (even though they can afford to build new sites) Had to learn about this through the news, then the company made a thinly veiled face saving move of emailing us all telling us it might not happen then less than 12 hours later tell us we were all out of a job. Not a secure job at all, before furlough was brought out they sacked us all on the spot without any worry and kept on their management. nothing was done about lazy staff members because they'd been there too long. I wouldn't recommend working there, it seems alright on the surface but once you try to progress it's a steep hill to climb.Have found a new job now and wouldn't think about ever returning.The free films are barely worth it because you won't have time to go see them as you'll always be on shift.Only thing I enjoyed was working with the other team members as they were the only people I had time to socialise with being at work all the time but it isn't worth the hassle - more...
Pros
it's good for socialising with other team members
Cons
The whole job
I applied as a team support and wanted to go further but was treated really poorly, working til at 1am , customers treated you like a piece of dirt. It was like been a slave horrible
If you want to work for a company that will literally give you the bare minimum in both support and benefits but still expect maximum output, then this is the place for you. You can expect to be doing up to 3 peoples roles in one shift at every level. This was all pre-covid. Since then not only has the above listed gotten much, much worse but your job is also no longer secure. But don't worry, you'll find out about this in the press before they actually speak to you. In terms of progression, if they like you as a person (regardless of work ethic) you'll be fast tracked into management within 2 years.Avoid at all costs.
Pros
If you want to spend time at your place of work while off shift... Free films.
Cons
Unsociable hours, 0 hour contract, minimum wage.
Will barely treat you like a human being, apply with caution. Sometimes wont pay you, will be sexist, homophobic, generally offesnive. Dreadful "leaders" lack of training. Sell out of date product. Make up rules to catch people out. Managers dont have a brain cell between them. CEO is possibly the devil himself
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Sometimes just wont pay you and blame it on you
Really great place to work! Many benefits including 40 percent food and drinks and free films. Friendly team to work for! Everyday is different and you learn so much
Pros
Free tickets
Cons
Loved working here. Good atmosphere and lovely team mates. Good management and easy to talk to. Very understanding management team when I had personal issues and they were amazing.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Very fast
Supervisors have favoritism and tend to give more work to those already doing it rather than those doing nothing, because there was a handful of staff who would do 95% of the workload for team members. They also understood very little about their own job role. Management within the site consisted of overly stressed inderviduals who put pressure on all staff members when ever anything went wrong, regardless or not they had been prewar Ed. Any head office visits was very stressful, and again if there was any issues they would communicate with a single member of staff as if they were addressing the entire team member team, expecting all the staff to make adjustments based on their criticism
To meet the needs of the business, the job role requires flexible hours, which can have genuine advantages to your work/home life balance. Staff are always great to be around.
Pros
Free cinema, fun environment
I worked at a site for nearly 2 years and it’s easily the most enjoyable job experience I’ve ever had. Obviously it varies from place to place, but I got on really well with every single member off staff, and the ones I didn’t, I never had a personal problem with. Very flexible working times that will suit you well. You get a Cinepass which entitles you to 2 free tickets per film and 40% off all snacks and drinks.
Pros
40% discount, 2 free tickets per film (you and a friend), easy working environmen, decent chance for progression
Cons
Management can be a bit off depending
  1. Employee reviews