Circle Express logo
Circle Express

Circle Express Employee Reviews

2.9
Work-life balance

healthy working environment, and fun

I enjoyed working with this firm because there was a good pay to work ratio however I was unfortunately let go due to the new found effects of IR35 and they do not dit my needs and preference

Do not work here

They push all of their drivers to max out and exceed driving time! There is heavy pressure to do more than is legal. They will not pay you, if they don't have to. Breaks are a joke and there is always pressure to do other work. They will then manipulate you by examining your tacho as much as possible to pay you as little as possible and deduct anything that isn't driving or other work - which is fine, if it wasn't for the constant pressure to work over your limits. This company should be closed down immediately - have have an newish fleet that they rag to pieces because they totally ignore complaints to fix issues. Major engine faults are constantly ignored. This company needs to be inspected, then shut down!

Won’t recommend

The controllers or great, fleet management they help me a lot,but unfortunately I had really bad experience with accounts,they really did not care about my anyone who works for theme.

Not a nice place to work

It is not a good company to work for. Poor hygiene, bad management, terrible systems to work on. No organisation. Not paid enough for the hours you work.

Too Clicky

Seen a few drivers leave in the time I was there. All for similar reasons which are as follows. Management dont listen. Vehicles and trailers not looked after. Too clicky with definite favourites. So the early finishers were the same ones regularly and this was well noticed. They dont make you feel valued just used and abused. It paid the bills but glad to be gone!

This is one of the bad places for anyone to work

If there is anyone out there wishing to work for circle express or its associates called the RICCO Group. please and please again don't think about it please don't do it, and all clients who use their services to ship and transport your business goods please think about it. they use self-employed drivers for as long as 12 to 13 hours of work to cover over 250 miles par day and pay them only 27 to 40 pounds a day after they have used their own van fuel and strength for the job. i have never known any wicked people in this country such as this company, they just don't care to resolving the issues between them and the self-employed drivers, the reason is when a driver quit another who dosn't know will be taking on board. there are lots of slavery going on in this country. companies and clients must rethink before doing business with this company

productive

At 6am I do a handover with the nightshift Manager regarding all departments and any issues. Depending on which department requires my attention is where I start my days’ work, I then oversee and help in all departments throughout the day to ensure all departments and staff are up to date and where require help each department. Circle Express Transport office is a very busy and friendly environment to work in.

Pros

4 on 4 off shift pattern.

Cons

Communication.

Productive Workplace

Typical day at work would be speaking with customers through either email or telephone and also communicating with drivers. Making sure the customer gets our full attention. Making sure if there are any problems with drivers or customers that they get dealt with as quickly as possible. Another main part being assistant manager is making sure my work colleagues respect my day to day decisions when it comes to customer queries. And that they can come to me if anything is worrying them or they are unsure of anything. My colleagues make this job enjoyable as we all work together and have a laugh but get the job done.

Pros

Work Colleagues

Varied workload, Deadline orientated.

The workload varies from day to day, as with most freight forwarding companies. Most days we are busy at the start of shift sorting and booking in any trunker freight that nights haven`t been able to process. Along with checking and loading the delivery vehicles.Obviously this is then transposed in the afternoon as all of the vehicles arrive back with the various collections. There are multiple screeners on all shifts, whether it be X-ray or ETD, and the company is willing to train anyone who puts themselves forward to learn these processes. For the most part, it is a friendly environment to work in. As long as the work gets done in a timely fashion, no one seems to chase you.

Pros

Varied day to day workload

Cons

Communication, Staffing levels

Great work experience

This job was a weeks long work experience that had to be undertaken as part of my secondary school curriculum. I undertook a lot of the administration work, which included online data entry, driver checks and logging client information. On my last day of the work experience, I was allowed to go on the phones to take any driver questions and to direct them if they were lost in any way. The hardest part of the job was to go into a new environment at such a tender age. However, I thrived on this opportunity and I learned new skills of which I still use today. By the end of the week, I learned a lot about the company and was sad to leave and go back to school. It would of been nice to have a longer work experience.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Short work experience

Okay

The work place and work environment were okay. The days are usually extremely busy and we were normally understaffed, The warehouse manager was very friendly and willing to help whenever.

Productive and fun workplace

I have enjoyed my time at Circle Express and I have learnt many new skills and discovered I love working in the transport industry, however, in the current climate I feel a change is needed.

Could be a good job

This would be a fantastic job although challenging at times, easy and enjoyable. The problem is the management structure and lack of knowledge of those who should be knowledgeable. There is no chance of progression or training.

Pros

The lack of knowledge of those who should be knowledgeable.

Cons

The lack of knowledge of those who should be knowledgeable.

productive warehouse

I would pick pallets down from stacks on a reach truck or load the lorries on a docking bay using a powered pallet truck I could also scan the picked items on to the lorry using a scan gun pick items for going out.

Pros

good company

Cons

company re-located

Fun

A typical day at work consists of looking for missing freight. booking urgent consignments for same day delivery. liaising with clients whose shipment volumes have fallen.

Cons

Long hours.

Pro-active & Challenging.

A typical day at work starts off with me signing in, logging into my computer, checking & responding to emails & dealing with any early morning enquiries. Greeting & looking after clients & visitors that come in & out of the building every minute of the day, directing them to the correct company/department, all the time keeping an eye on the car park- making sure company procedure is being followed at all times. I then have our daily food service which I inform all 7 companies in the building of, shortly accompanied by the post which depending on the day of the week can be anything from 2-3 bags, or just sometimes 1/2 of that. I have to sort the post out for individual companies, as well as Circle, then separate ours into different departments, members of staff here & make sure they're delivered promptly. Next is the CE daily banking which I have to record for our accounts department before reporting back to my Financial Director with our outstanding amount & inform her if she needs to visit the bank or not to cash it in. For all the inbetween times & other hours in the day, I will either be found on the phone chasing & emailing for references on behalf of HR & doing admin work, consistently updating them on my progress, or if it's an allocated day for accounts, then my duties for that time are chasing payments, emailing credit controllers, copying/forwarding invoices, statements & credit notes, obtaining remittances, updating Aged Accounts Receivable & organising/filing documents for our Purchase Ledger Clerk. I have learnt many skills in this role, from the most basic to more -

Pros

Advancements/Colleagues/Shift Hours/HR & Admin.

Cons

Location/Work & Life Balance/Accountacy/Management.

the position to ensure that both Bristol and Exeter depots ran smooth

Dealing with airfreight from Heathrow and other Airports insuring that the service provide was correct for the client and solve any by contact with both sender and delivery points Dealing with the day to day running and administration including the vehicle servicing and drivers hours worked

Pros

thier were no additional perks with the position

Cons

normal hours are not the way the airfreight industry woks

Productive and lovely environment

It`s a fast moving transport and courier company as we have to load and unload goods from truck that comes in from Heathrow Airport. I have learned to be fast and efficient. Co-workers are helpful. Hardest part of my job is taking over the warehouse when my supervisor was absent due to ill so I had to manage the warehouse with about 8 staffs. Love working in the environment of friendly co-workers.

Pros

good environment