Circle Express logo

Circle Express Job security & advancement reviews

United Kingdom18 reviews

Clear
3.1Job security & advancement

healthy working environment, and fun

I enjoyed working with this firm because there was a good pay to work ratio however I was unfortunately let go due to the new found effects of IR35 and they do not dit my needs and preference

Won’t recommend

The controllers or great, fleet management they help me a lot,but unfortunately I had really bad experience with accounts,they really did not care about my anyone who works for theme.

Great work experience

This job was a weeks long work experience that had to be undertaken as part of my secondary school curriculum. I undertook a lot of the administration work, which included online data entry, driver checks and logging client information. On my last day of the work experience, I was allowed to go on the phones to take any driver questions and to direct them if they were lost in any way. The hardest part of the job was to go into a new environment at such a tender age. However, I thrived on this opportunity and I learned new skills of which I still use today. By the end of the week, I learned a lot about the company and was sad to leave and go back to school. It would of been nice to have a longer work experience.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Short work experience

Productive and fun workplace

I have enjoyed my time at Circle Express and I have learnt many new skills and discovered I love working in the transport industry, however, in the current climate I feel a change is needed.

Could be a good job

This would be a fantastic job although challenging at times, easy and enjoyable. The problem is the management structure and lack of knowledge of those who should be knowledgeable. There is no chance of progression or training.

Pros

The lack of knowledge of those who should be knowledgeable.

Cons

The lack of knowledge of those who should be knowledgeable.

Pro-active & Challenging.

A typical day at work starts off with me signing in, logging into my computer, checking & responding to emails & dealing with any early morning enquiries. Greeting & looking after clients & visitors that come in & out of the building every minute of the day, directing them to the correct company/department, all the time keeping an eye on the car park- making sure company procedure is being followed at all times. I then have our daily food service which I inform all 7 companies in the building of, shortly accompanied by the post which depending on the day of the week can be anything from 2-3 bags, or just sometimes 1/2 of that. I have to sort the post out for individual companies, as well as Circle, then separate ours into different departments, members of staff here & make sure they're delivered promptly. Next is the CE daily banking which I have to record for our accounts department before reporting back to my Financial Director with our outstanding amount & inform her if she needs to visit the bank or not to cash it in. For all the inbetween times & other hours in the day, I will either be found on the phone chasing & emailing for references on behalf of HR & doing admin work, consistently updating them on my progress, or if it's an allocated day for accounts, then my duties for that time are chasing payments, emailing credit controllers, copying/forwarding invoices, statements & credit notes, obtaining remittances, updating Aged Accounts Receivable & organising/filing documents for our Purchase Ledger Clerk. I have learnt many skills in this role, from the most basic to more -

Pros

Advancements/Colleagues/Shift Hours/HR & Admin.

Cons

Location/Work & Life Balance/Accountacy/Management.