Circle Express logo
Circle Express

Circle Express Work-life balance reviews

Clear
2.7Pay & benefits

Varied workload, Deadline orientated.

The workload varies from day to day, as with most freight forwarding companies. Most days we are busy at the start of shift sorting and booking in any trunker freight that nights haven`t been able to process. Along with checking and loading the delivery vehicles.Obviously this is then transposed in the afternoon as all of the vehicles arrive back with the various collections. There are multiple screeners on all shifts, whether it be X-ray or ETD, and the company is willing to train anyone who puts themselves forward to learn these processes. For the most part, it is a friendly environment to work in. As long as the work gets done in a timely fashion, no one seems to chase you.

Pros

Varied day to day workload

Cons

Communication, Staffing levels

Fun

A typical day at work consists of looking for missing freight. booking urgent consignments for same day delivery. liaising with clients whose shipment volumes have fallen.

Cons

Long hours.

Pro-active & Challenging.

A typical day at work starts off with me signing in, logging into my computer, checking & responding to emails & dealing with any early morning enquiries. Greeting & looking after clients & visitors that come in & out of the building every minute of the day, directing them to the correct company/department, all the time keeping an eye on the car park- making sure company procedure is being followed at all times. I then have our daily food service which I inform all 7 companies in the building of, shortly accompanied by the post which depending on the day of the week can be anything from 2-3 bags, or just sometimes 1/2 of that. I have to sort the post out for individual companies, as well as Circle, then separate ours into different departments, members of staff here & make sure they're delivered promptly. Next is the CE daily banking which I have to record for our accounts department before reporting back to my Financial Director with our outstanding amount & inform her if she needs to visit the bank or not to cash it in. For all the inbetween times & other hours in the day, I will either be found on the phone chasing & emailing for references on behalf of HR & doing admin work, consistently updating them on my progress, or if it's an allocated day for accounts, then my duties for that time are chasing payments, emailing credit controllers, copying/forwarding invoices, statements & credit notes, obtaining remittances, updating Aged Accounts Receivable & organising/filing documents for our Purchase Ledger Clerk. I have learnt many skills in this role, from the most basic to more -

Pros

Advancements/Colleagues/Shift Hours/HR & Admin.

Cons

Location/Work & Life Balance/Accountacy/Management.

Productive and lovely environment

It`s a fast moving transport and courier company as we have to load and unload goods from truck that comes in from Heathrow Airport. I have learned to be fast and efficient. Co-workers are helpful. Hardest part of my job is taking over the warehouse when my supervisor was absent due to ill so I had to manage the warehouse with about 8 staffs. Love working in the environment of friendly co-workers.

Pros

good environment

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Circle Express. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8