CISCO HOMES LTD

CISCO HOMES LTD Employee Reviews

Out of control, no communication between the management and admin team. Issues are continuously over looked for the businesses benefit, staff are treated with no professional respect.
Pros
Never had an issue with payments.
Cons
Long hours.
Just not a very nice place to work. Ringing old people basically and trying to get them to buy something they could very well do without as they have done already.
Pros
Sales commision
Cons
Long days, bad pay, very demoralising when not getting sales.
The trouble with Cisco Homes is the whole operation is built on deception. You are encouraged to hang on to the shirt tails of every call in order to send a salesperson (not surveyor) over to their home despite you saying it is a way of offering a free survey. that person will badger the homeowner/s in to submission when possible. If on the confirmation telephone call it is discovered they cannot afford the Lapallo loft insulation product, no surveyor will be sent, making a complete mockery of the initial promise. That is unethical as is badgering old people sometimes obviously not mentally altogether. The management are great in a superficial sense, most are friendly and zestful,staff are good too, it is a friendly place to work, but in fairness, given the immoral aspect of a job that takes your heart and soul with it every day, it needs to be friendly. When near a close the team leader rushes up to help you 'over the line' which sometimes helps, but just as much ruins the continuity, flow and composure of the call. It's a lottery whether you get a confirmed lead depending on the second call and yet confirmed appointments are treated as solely your own responsibilty?. Gruelling hours with constant calls on a dialler. Very stressful job. Good people, awful job. Extremely high staff turnover because of this.
What a horrible place to work! Absolutely no communication whatsoever. Didn't found out my hours for the following day until 4pm earliest mostly between 5-6pm not allowing me to have a family or social life. There is a complete lack of disregard for health and safety. On more than one occasion my manager tried to get me to work with broken asbestos and incorrect PPE! Was talked to like complete dirt as was my colleague who was sworn at for saying a job couldn't get completed.
not my cup of tea. long days w/ basic pay and no guarantee of any sales. Also felt the training was minimal and didnt really prepare me for the role as well as it could have.
Cisco Homes as a business has one objective which is to sell Lapolla to absolutely anyone meeting criteria. As a pre sales negotiator your objective is to book appointments for door to door salesmen (not surveyors) and you'll spend everyday on the phone regurgitating a script which you're continuously told "if said correctly will make sales". Marketing manager.... who fancies himself alike to Jordan Belfort will spend a great deal of time convincing yourself and the team that anyone can be persuaded in sales (here via cold call) and you can make £1000 a week just by hitting your targets. Even going so far to state the script and "your story" are a licence to print money. Reality is for every appointment you make that sells you're given just £100 regardless of final sale price and not £200 as you may be told during interview. Since working at Cisco I now do not concent to my information "to be used/shared for marketing purposes" and neither should you as our data is collected and sold to companies such as these who look for areas to exploit and make money. On a positive note the ethos of the team and company is high and there are some great people working at Cisco.
Pros
Team spirit
Cons
Being decieved and deceiving others
I really enjoyed my time here, the team were wonderful and supportive, if you were having a bad day your team would pick you up and keep you going, it would be hard at times as you are working in a call centre and you are calling people during the day and people don’t tend to be appreciative about that but when you finally do all the hard work and turn that no into a yes, you feel on top of the world and it makes you keep going to get more and more appointments out, you do have a script there to help you keep the flow of the conversation and make your point but they do allow you to adapt it to you for what works for you. The management, HR and boss are all very supportive and will help you during your tough days, we all have them some days and they keep you going and offer you support and give you advice. And for the icing on the cake they have some wonderful incentives to keep you going if the whole room meet a certain amount of confirmed appointments you all get treated while I was there we all managed to go bowling and laser tag and what’s not to like about that.
Pros
Team incentives, support, progression
Great company to work for, salerys are top end if you are willing to put the effort in. Management and training is 5 star. I learnt loads from these guys, you could maintain a career if you chose to. Friendly fun atmosphere. Lots of extras on top. You genuinely will not work in a better call centre than Cisco.
Pros
Money atmosphere
Cons
Having a laugh.
I really enjoyed working for Cisco Homes, it was a very friendly working environment, achievable goals, I always got my bonuses and I had a great time doing it.
Pros
Good bonus scheme
Put the hard work in and you shall receive the rewards great salaries and even better bonuses!! Incentive trips abroad and weekly vouchers given away too!!!
Not a great place to work , you get worked to the bone with little or no room for error. There is no chance of progression there, unless your the managers favourite. You get sworn at if the team aren’t doing well and they blame anything but the data they use when ringing customers.
Pros
Great people work there
Cons
A really fun and easy place to work, with the opportunity to earn lots of money. Friendly staff & managers Relaxed work environment with great incentives for those who work hard.
  1. Employee reviews