Cisco

Cisco Employee Reviews

I cannot recommend highly enough the guys I worked with at Cisco it was a fantastic place to work, the people were just great and the role was very educational and fulfilling
Pros
Company ethics
Cons
I was unfairly dismissed and after almost a year, still waiting for the results from my appeal hearing.. nobody at Cisco or VSG seems to have the courtesy to call me back or reply to my emails. Very unprofessional, No respect shown and none of the dismissal protocols followed. Huge disappointment as I thoroughly enjoyed my time here.
Pros
Great team and lots of support all throughout.
Cons
Management were very unprofessional in dealing with my unfair dismissal.
I didnt like to work there .it was just work on call and long travelling even they have paid but didnt like ut at all.there was no interviem and vad managment
Pros
Free travell
Cons
Not sure
I was on a 2 week work placement as cisco, learning the in and outs of being a computer engineer. There was a small team of 6 people where they all has different roles in order to help their consumers with any landline or broadbrand issues. I learned how to keep logs of calls and use excel shhets to keep track of clients staus and which client needs the most help to the least. Also, they showed me the mainframe and how it all worked and what it was used for.
It was great working for Cisco since i learned a lot of office skills which i didnt have before i started working there. A lot of good people in that company
Working at Cisco does affect your work life balance. However, the people i worked with across the world were all amazing, highly collaborative and always willing to help get stuff done.....
*** great company to work for, helped me develop as a person. Lots of progression available to staff, with great perks for staff in the company and out
I joined as part of an acquisition. Poor integration experience. A backward step in terms of career progression. Pay well but too many layers of management and too much politicking.
Amazing place to work, work can get quite challenging at times though. I would recommend that you join Cisco as it is a great place to work and is doing some really amazing things.
Size of company means hard to collaborate. Pay is fairer for FTE's but a lot go through agencies and pay is lower (or so it seems). Work life balance is good and support by closer team.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Cisco?
Productive and fun workplace, lots going on and to get involved in. Location great, food good, and many supporting activities alongside each day’s work
I enjoy working here and the work/life balance is fantastic. I have progressed and learnt new skills and worked with some fantastic people. I worked on the BT account and got to travel to customer sites in europe
A great place to work depending on role. The ability to work from home or office or customer workplace is a bonus. The Cisco package in terms of bonus, healthcare etc is the best I have experienced.
If you stay longer than 5 years in Cisco you will regret it. The work from home benefits and the travel can be fun to begin with but progression and job advanvement is not very good.
Relaxed environment but extensive competition among the teams. Even with flexible working hours, you tend to work very long hours in order to deliver.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Long Hours
Productive and great place to work. I would recon as a starting point for anyone looking into Networking. Great place to extend your knowledgeable and experience
Pros
Free courses
Was a good place to work with lots of friendly and intelligent colleagues. Plenty of staff benefits and a social side to work as well. Would highly recommend the company.
I learnt a number of skills after becoming a cross-functional Apprentice at Cisco back in 2014. The Apprenticeship allows you to rotate around the business whilst getting exposed to various roles within the company. The hardest part of the job is being a part of a team which is spread across the globe. However, this means there is a lot of business travel which has given me great experiences in the professional world.
Working in the customer briefing centre you would get an opportunity to view new technology which was very exciting. I enjoyed meeting colleagues and customers from other parts of the business
all the staff here are amazing and the work/home life ratio is flexliable too. management was great too but the sysstems need a massive overhaul. the company listened and they sarted to make new system that would crash.
relaxed and nice environment. Decent Canteen. open car park Atmosphere is good, people are good. some good events to get together such as movies and summer fair.
  1. Employee reviews