Cisco

Cisco Employee Reviews

United Kingdom139 reviews

Found 139 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,093 reviews

I thoroughly enjoyed working for Cisco and would do again at any time

I cannot recommend highly enough the guys I worked with at Cisco it was a fantastic place to work, the people were just great and the role was very educational and fulfilling

Pros

Company ethics

Past it's best

Cisco's best years are now behind it. Those were the growth years when they were acquiring companies and beating the competition. They then missed the boat with regard to cloud services and also, likely, security. They do not invest in employee training, there is very little offered and you are on your own. My advice is to only stay with for around 2-3 years and then leave as you will not further your career. There is no employee loyalty at Cisco.

Pros

Good tech and offices

Cons

Long hours, no training/advancement opportunities

Insights into Cisco

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Energising work tasks
  • Ability to learn new things

Disappointed

I was unfairly dismissed and after almost a year, still waiting for the results from my appeal hearing.. nobody at Cisco or VSG seems to have the courtesy to call me back or reply to my emails. Very unprofessional, No respect shown and none of the dismissal protocols followed. Huge disappointment as I thoroughly enjoyed my time here.

Pros

Great team and lots of support all throughout.

Cons

Management were very unprofessional in dealing with my unfair dismissal.

Cleaner

I didnt like to work there .it was just work on call and long travelling even they have paid but didnt like ut at all.there was no interviem and vad managment

Pros

Free travell

Cons

Not sure

Profeesional and friendly

I was on a 2 week work placement as cisco, learning the in and outs of being a computer engineer. There was a small team of 6 people where they all has different roles in order to help their consumers with any landline or broadbrand issues. I learned how to keep logs of calls and use excel shhets to keep track of clients staus and which client needs the most help to the least. Also, they showed me the mainframe and how it all worked and what it was used for.

It was great working for Cisco Systems

It was great working for Cisco since i learned a lot of office skills which i didnt have before i started working there. A lot of good people in that company

Fast Paced, High Volume

Working at Cisco does affect your work life balance. However, the people i worked with across the world were all amazing, highly collaborative and always willing to help get stuff done.....

fun workplace

*** great company to work for, helped me develop as a person. Lots of progression available to staff, with great perks for staff in the company and out

Very poor experience following acquisition

I joined as part of an acquisition. Poor integration experience. A backward step in terms of career progression. Pay well but too many layers of management and too much politicking.

Amazing place to work

Amazing place to work, work can get quite challenging at times though. I would recommend that you join Cisco as it is a great place to work and is doing some really amazing things.

N/a

Size of company means hard to collaborate. Pay is fairer for FTE's but a lot go through agencies and pay is lower (or so it seems). Work life balance is good and support by closer team.

Productive and fun workplace

Productive and fun workplace, lots going on and to get involved in. Location great, food good, and many supporting activities alongside each day’s work

Excellent place to work

I enjoy working here and the work/life balance is fantastic. I have progressed and learnt new skills and worked with some fantastic people. I worked on the BT account and got to travel to customer sites in europe

Flexible working a bonus

A great place to work depending on role. The ability to work from home or office or customer workplace is a bonus. The Cisco package in terms of bonus, healthcare etc is the best I have experienced.

Don't Stay too long

If you stay longer than 5 years in Cisco you will regret it. The work from home benefits and the travel can be fun to begin with but progression and job advanvement is not very good.

Information is not shared among teams.

Relaxed environment but extensive competition among the teams. Even with flexible working hours, you tend to work very long hours in order to deliver.

Pros

Flexible working hours

Cons

Long Hours

Productive and great place to work

Productive and great place to work. I would recon as a starting point for anyone looking into Networking. Great place to extend your knowledgeable and experience

Pros

Free courses

Fun workplace

Was a good place to work with lots of friendly and intelligent colleagues. Plenty of staff benefits and a social side to work as well. Would highly recommend the company.

Interesting, fast-paced working enviroment

I learnt a number of skills after becoming a cross-functional Apprentice at Cisco back in 2014. The Apprenticeship allows you to rotate around the business whilst getting exposed to various roles within the company. The hardest part of the job is being a part of a team which is spread across the globe. However, this means there is a lot of business travel which has given me great experiences in the professional world.

Interesting varied position

Working in the customer briefing centre you would get an opportunity to view new technology which was very exciting. I enjoyed meeting colleagues and customers from other parts of the business

work atmosphere amazing

all the staff here are amazing and the work/home life ratio is flexliable too. management was great too but the sysstems need a massive overhaul. the company listened and they sarted to make new system that would crash.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cisco. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Cisco with

• Cisco
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?