CITB

CITB Employee Reviews

Citb was a very good employer I have many happy years working for them. The work was varied and the hours were very reasonable. Management were good and the culture was very relaxed.
Avoid this company, management lie and stick together. A lot of bullying and discrimination, they do not care whose life they destroy. Will just use you and then kick you to the curb once they are done.
Pros
Not having to work in aN office where Bullying happens.
Cons
Everything.
I no longer work at CITB. But whilst in thier employment as an agency worker, then a permenant member of staff, i was made to feel part of the team, scope for on going training and advancement Salary was slightly less than the rate of pay from the agency but ok. Over time offered regularly. Every day was very different, but very busy. Team meetings were fun, everyone able to offer their views. Plenty of ongoing training as the company evolved. I had the pleasure of training new temprary staff, even whilst i was a temporary woker, every step of the way was fun. It was a joy to go to work, and you were appreciated. All staff were there to help if needed.
Pros
No working through lunch breaks, thee must be taken, free out or colf drinks from vending machine
Cons
Highly motivated and professional place to work. Very supportive of their staff and try to help in development when applicable. Always willing to take on new ways of working and forward themselves to becoming the best place to work.
I did several different jobs at CITB in the 20 twenty years I worked there. The staff are all welcoming and happy and I really enjoyed it. The meals were all free and of good standards.
Senior management more interested in profit rather than delivering a quality product on time creating opportunities for further orders at a site employed and support for associated works
Pros
Excellent product
Cons
Production haphazard and not properly scheduled
The day was managed quite strictly by time. We had a 10 minute break in the morning and in the afternoon, and a lunch break. Most of my colleagues did shift work, 8-4 or 10-6. I learn't time management skills, having attention to detail and focusing on accuracy, and working as a part of a team. The workplace culture there, was relaxed and professional. The hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult customers over the phone. The most enjoyable part was being able to solve a problem for the customer, and to being able to provide them with what they wanted in the end.
Excellent place to work, offers may benefits that you would not receive from other companies....free parking, free lunch, free use of the gym and swimming pool. I have enjoyed every minute of my time working at CITB whether it be as a temp, fixed term or permanent contract. I left to take permanent employment and disliked the people I worked with so much that I returned to CITB as a temp again. I just wanted to go home!!!
CITB does work in the best interests of the construction industry. Teamwork is encouraged to give the best customer service possible to the customers.
Great team, good team, nice people, going through some changes at the moment. They offer working from home, will invest and support in training. The company is like one big family.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Was a really enjoyable workplace however since I have left it has gone through change, this played a part in myself leaving, so whether this is still the case it is unknown to me.
Going through lots of unnecessary change. Tying to instill a new culture but at the expense of a lot of jobs. Not a well thought out policy for move but bullied it through regardless.
CITB gives you the opportunity to develop and progress with your chosen career path. I would highly recommend anyone to apply with CITB as it is a great place to work.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Relocating to Peterborough
It's a good place to work but your job is on the whims to whether you're still needed for the construction industry. Also made 2/3 of their staff redundant recently, including myself.
Very interesting work. Financial support for the National Construction College (training division). Making sure all bookings for training were paid for or invoiced. Worked hard but the teams in the open plan office were all great people.
Really enjoyed working at CITB, so am very sad to be made redundant. People I worked for were really lovely, but everyone is being made redundant. Just enjoyed my 7 years there. Cannot say much more
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Being made redundant
Worked for 10 years at CITB and over the last 2 years it very much became 'every man' for himself. False Training certificates provided and everything brushed under the carpet.
A great place to work, unfortunately we were TUPE'd over to SSCL in February and then made redundant. Loved the variety of work and the other staff there.
Enjoyed my work for CITB, although a lot of travelling, interesting job, varied activities on a daily basis with specific KPI's, fully supported within the role by the managers, all the staff were nice to work with.
staff morale low not knowing whether you have a job or not in the coming year. Great colleagues to work with and easy environment to work in most of the time.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Shift pattern
Presently placed working environment, working within historic surroundings with a structured embodiment of the CITB culture and its ongoing application and promise to the Construction Industry.
Pros
Free Lunch, Parking, Gym & Pool
  1. Employee reviews