Citi

Citi Employee Reviews

Citi is a highly professional work environment. I had an excellent career, with loads of training and on the job support from senior colleagues. more importantly, there is a very helpful and active ex-Citi bankers network, which I see as an invaluable lifetime asset.
Pros
Subsidised canteen meals and good gym facilities
Cons
I spent over 15 years at Citi and got 4 promotions. The technical and people skills I learnt were second to none. I waa lucky enough to work with and for some outstanding people. This experience prepares you for anything in the working world, and it did me too.Massive responsibility of looking after peoples money for which the combined effort waa second to none.
Pros
Recognition and pay
Cons
Long hours at times when issues occured
started at citi July last year at first thought it was great then the working hours got longer even though my contract stated otherwise, lunch breaks and breaks in general never explained. felt like you were only allowed 5 mins for lunch at your desk, excepted to work long hours for no extra compensation or thanks.Management and training is a joke, watching someone screen share on pc and they are rushing through the task, so very poor training. If you ask a question you can here them sighing down the phone. lack of guidance from management . Overall awful company to work for, no culture, communication, poor salary vs hours and poor and micro management
relazed relaxed compared to other bulge bracket firms but can be tough at times. People are really nice and good place to work for juniors. Very US leaning though.
Great place to work, and progression opportunities available for individuals with desire and hunger to succeed. Developed myself with learning about wealth management and global products.
I started as a part timer. I was very productive and was one of the very few who was not made redundant as I was good. I applied for a different post and I was not given that job as the company only wanted to give that job who were being made redundant. Management too is very political. It is important to know people if you want to get promoted. Hard work does not count.
was a faced paced environment, team work was very important as everyone had a specific job that would effect everyone in the team if uncompleted. Very busy, lots of online accounts and spreadsheets
Diverse and multicultural workplace that gives good work-life balance to people with family commitments. Excellent supportive framework. Would recommend highly.
Ever since I started working at Citi, things has really going on well. I made a new friends and people over there are very friendly to relier on. I have been getting my salary in time and there wasn't nothing like disappointment and also built my skilled in the work and very happy in it. Responsibility Emptying rubbish bins and moving waste material to designated collection points. Mopping building floors with mops Sweeping floors with dust control mops and brushes. Using electric scrubbing and polishing materials to scrub, spray and polish clean floors Dusting, damp-wiping, washing and polishing ledges, furniture, window sills and external surfaces of radiators, cupboard and shelves.
Large network of connections and people across multiple borders, large cross over of products and exposure across Asset classes. Lots of work and volume of ouput
No work like balance. Expected to do everything at one time. No help. Never leave on time. No full lunch break, always at desk.. Always told to do things it'll help you're promotion to then find out promotions are no longer happening. End of ywsf bonus gone. Never a thanks for when you stayed late to help others but when you tried to leave on time you were told stuff had to do done. Many nights company's functions missed due to work an nothing said
Is as you would expect, a soulless environment with zero culture unless you are a person that fits into a "diversity" group, no one smiles, no one talks to each other, work is as boring as heck, how people stay there long periods i have no idea.
The corporate trust business is a strong franchise and is growing. The work is diverse and engrossing but be prepared to work hard. There is little opportunity to work from home.
Shift pattern incl night shifts with 1 day recovery period. Impersonal. Some bonuses if you hit targets but they are hard to reach. Call centre doesn’t need to be 24hrs (very few calls at that time) but still works employees to the bone to have these hours available to customers
I really enjoyed working for Citibank, the company has a fairly small number of people in London, but it had a great atmosphere! The people were really friendly and there was a good culture instilled in the teams. It was an exciting business to work for, that is striving to innovate in a competitive market!
Place is so poltical and very facial orientated....in other words if your face fits then so will you. Extremely political and HR could care less. If you raise issues no one really cares...they go through motions but with no value.
Working for Dealing Room support services Very fast and quick work place environment Need to be on your toes every day Always make time to learn new things as the changes can be quick and fast other areas can be explorer
Overall, Citibank is a good place to work. The problem lies with the management of security personnel. The training is excellent, unfortunately, due to such people the experience as an employee could be greatly improved. Management need to have a spring clean and employ supervisors with people skills.
Fast paced and dynamic work environment. Experienced management and great alumni of colleagues in the industry. Long hours and a professional culture.
*typical day at work - tend to complete the most priorities set work first for the day, Go through my checklist reading noting down the various activities that have to be done during the day. *what you learned - interpersonal skills, work under pressure, time management, attention to details, problem solving, teamwork, self-confidence and self-esteem,maturity, culture awareness, initiative *management - good leadership, delegation & empowerment, creativity & innovation, good communicator, commitment and passion, honesty and integrity *workplace culture - attracts talent, drive engagement, behaviors, impact happiness and satisfaction *the hardest part of the job - Staffs attitudes and difficult investor *the most enjoyable part of the job - winning, get paid, work life-balance, autonomy, collaboration, challenge, helping others, variety, culture
It was a very hectic, stressful and fast paced environment, Very Poor bank workplace culture. Poor management. A lot of banking systems. All these redundant systems should be synchronised to reduce confusion and minimize the need for staff to remember multiple user id and password for the system login.
  1. Employee reviews