Citi
Happiness score is 64 out of 100

Citi Employee Reviews

United Kingdom277 reviews

Found 277 reviews matching the searchSee all 18,563 reviews

Great benefits and career progression opportunities

Great company to work for. The job can be stressful at times but you get a lot back in form of benefits and support from colleagues.There are plenty of opportunities to move around within the company once you've completed your first year.

Pros

Great benefits, supportive people, good career progression opportunities

Cons

Can be very stressful at times

Hard work, low pay

The bank is very big and felt impersonal at times. IT support is remote. Some processes were lengthy and confusing. Long queues for the lifts in the mornings.

Insights into Citi

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Energising work tasks
  • Sense of belonging

Repetitive work albeit in supportive environment

Very structured day with repetitive tasks. Moving to another tasks was slow paced, didn't support much learning. People are supportive and collaborative, which definitely makes the repetitiveness less of an issue

benefits

Cons

repetitive

Great experience

Will look good on your CV and will be a great opportunity to learn and develop your skills. However it is incredibly difficult with a steep learning curve, with stressful hours at times. Can be hard to balance home life and work.

Enjoyed working there

Enjoyed my time at Citi No real down points for me although my own circumstances caused me to leave. Nice management, fair with employee demands and fair wage.

Dreadful work environment

This is the most toxic job I ever had, with long hours (11hrs a day average, sometimes they even ask you to work on Saturdays for free!), workload that would be enough for two people in other companies leading to enormous pressure to complete tasks on time (fancy risking a stroke? Work here), promotions seem to depend on how much you suck up to senior managers, salary looks attractive until you realize you have to work 25-30% longer hours than elsewhere, managers who only care about their bonuses and not about their employees' wellbeing, and there's a general feeling you're on a sinking ship.Citi is a huge company, a big name that looks good on your CV and in theory it has a job for anyone remotely interested in Finance, however the way they treat their employees makes one want to avoid it.

Pros

Name looks good on your CV, Plenty of positions available, Potential for learning is considerable if only you were left with time and energy to do it

Cons

Long hours (11-12 per day), Enormous workload and pressure, Salary not great considering the hours, Promotions based on politics more than merit, Depressing work environment

Great people to work with

There is a big sense of Team in CITI - help is always there when you ask. You are looked after properly - gym, large canteen and excellent work place/environment to be productive in.

very good experience

Very good experience in customer service through SYKES with nice people, management have supported at ay cost but redundancy and covid made me to leave the company.

Pros

Great culture of work and support

Cons

Job security/ redundancy

Professional and great place to work

Citi is a highly professional work environment. I had an excellent career, with loads of training and on the job support from senior colleagues. more importantly, there is a very helpful and active ex-Citi bankers network, which I see as an invaluable lifetime asset.

Pros

Subsidised canteen meals and good gym facilities

Cons

Awesome life experience to prepare you for corporate ruthless corporate world

I spent over 15 years at Citi and got 4 promotions. The technical and people skills I learnt were second to none. I waa lucky enough to work with and for some outstanding people. This experience prepares you for anything in the working world, and it did me too.Massive responsibility of looking after peoples money for which the combined effort waa second to none.

Pros

Recognition and pay

Cons

Long hours at times when issues occured

stressful, awful communication

started at citi July last year at first thought it was great then the working hours got longer even though my contract stated otherwise, lunch breaks and breaks in general never explained. felt like you were only allowed 5 mins for lunch at your desk, excepted to work long hours for no extra compensation or thanks.Management and training is a joke, watching someone screen share on pc and they are rushing through the task, so very poor training. If you ask a question you can here them sighing down the phone. lack of guidance from management . Overall awful company to work for, no culture, communication, poor salary vs hours and poor and micro management

relazed relaxed compared to other bulge bracket firms but can be tough at times. People are really nice and good place to work for juniors. Very US leaning though.

Enjoyed working there

Great place to work, and progression opportunities available for individuals with desire and hunger to succeed. Developed myself with learning about wealth management and global products.

Employees are not valued for their hard work

I started as a part timer. I was very productive and was one of the very few who was not made redundant as I was good. I applied for a different post and I was not given that job as the company only wanted to give that job who were being made redundant. Management too is very political. It is important to know people if you want to get promoted. Hard work does not count.

Fast paced environment

was a faced paced environment, team work was very important as everyone had a specific job that would effect everyone in the team if uncompleted. Very busy, lots of online accounts and spreadsheets

Diverse workplace

Diverse and multicultural workplace that gives good work-life balance to people with family commitments. Excellent supportive framework. Would recommend highly.

Fun at Workplace and Experience Gain

Ever since I started working at Citi, things has really going on well. I made a new friends and people over there are very friendly to relier on. I have been getting my salary in time and there wasn't nothing like disappointment and also built my skilled in the work and very happy in it. Responsibility Emptying rubbish bins and moving waste material to designated collection points. Mopping building floors with mops Sweeping floors with dust control mops and brushes. Using electric scrubbing and polishing materials to scrub, spray and polish clean floors Dusting, damp-wiping, washing and polishing ledges, furniture, window sills and external surfaces of radiators, cupboard and shelves.

Global

Large network of connections and people across multiple borders, large cross over of products and exposure across Asset classes. Lots of work and volume of ouput

2 Yr

No work like balance. Expected to do everything at one time. No help. Never leave on time. No full lunch break, always at desk.. Always told to do things it'll help you're promotion to then find out promotions are no longer happening. End of ywsf bonus gone. Never a thanks for when you stayed late to help others but when you tried to leave on time you were told stuff had to do done. Many nights company's functions missed due to work an nothing said

Boring mundane, just a number

Is as you would expect, a soulless environment with zero culture unless you are a person that fits into a "diversity" group, no one smiles, no one talks to each other, work is as boring as heck, how people stay there long periods i have no idea.

A great place to work. Excellent benefits but be prepared to work hard.

The corporate trust business is a strong franchise and is growing. The work is diverse and engrossing but be prepared to work hard. There is little opportunity to work from home.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Citi. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement