Citizens Advice

Citizens Advice Employee Reviews

I have just passed probation and can honestly say it’s a friendly, welcoming and supportive company to work with. Everyone is supportive and the role itself is easy. I was provided with equipment to work from home due to pandemic and enjoy my job. The pay is good, covers the bills!
Pros
Good pay, nice staff
Cons
Targets/monitoring on AHT
During my short time there I found the role more demanding then explained in the interview and the pay doesn't reflect the job at all. Support is there if your face fits and be careful who you speak with as this is normally used against you. Make sure you catch your team leader on their good day otherwise expect an attitude when asking questions. Training was all over the place so of you're happy with scatter brained wobbling you're in the right place. A few of the other girls are stuck up in the office and can feel clicky which to a new starter can feel intimidating.
I've worked for the Consumer Advice Bureau in Stoke for four years and in that time the bureau has gone from strength to strength. Our business premises suits our role for the work we do and is a very comfortable environment to work in. All staff are welcoming, supportive and easy going. If there are any issues with work they will lend you their knowledge and experience. If there comes a time when additional support is required our manager is always approachable, understanding and will assist however possible. There may come a time when you feel the pressure but take a few minutes with your colleagues, a bit of banter and a laugh and you'll feel renewed. This i have to say is where the our strength truly lies, it is within our bureau community and with that we help to better all who seek our aid.
Pros
Efficient leadership, supportive staff, friendly colleagues, good parking
Cons
First of all I think the other negative review about the Consumer Service in Stoke is way off the mark. It’s a difficult job in the way you are challenged and you have to use some intelligence to be able to problem solve and find solutions, which means it’s not for everyone. However, the atmosphere is relaxed, everyone is really nice and welcoming and really supportive. Difficult to see the review when it is untrue. Management are great and support us, as well as making sure that everyone is looked after in the middle of a pandemic. I think the place is great overall.
Pros
9-5, It’s challenging, Supported
I cannot say enough about the good Citizens Advice does for the community at large, it supports local council with Homelessness, debt (council tax and rent arrears on council properties) and acts as a source of information and help to everyone.
Best place I ever worked, strongly recommend. Supportive and nurturing, fair, good environment.Proper training, hands on mentorship, flexible to suit your needs.
Minus the days where I was just waiting for time to go by - my experience here was very rewarding.Management and my colleagues were helpful in training and although it can be quite difficult emotionally, you are always supported
Pros
Meaningful work, good management
Cons
Can get really boring
A great charity to work for. It privides a lot of fulfillment to help people move forward in their lives. The culture is friendly and supportive. There is opportunity for people to develop and advance.
The organisation trusts you and believes in the capacity of the applicant. The training is quick and is through picking things up as they come. The environment is fast paced and constantly changing. If you want to get confidence and grow in knowledge this is th place for youBe ready to think and act quickly
Pros
Flat hierarchy
Cons
Pay
Whilst the Citizens Advice will take on anyone to volunteer you can’t be guaranteed that going from an unpaid role into a paid role will happen. My advice is take the work experience and go somewhere else. If you are not the right type of person and figure that out through the fake smiles then just use the volunteering until you have enough satisfactory experience to take the transferable skills elsewhere and don’t stay a minute longer.
Pros
Excellent volunteer program for students & work experience
Cons
No chance of getting a job with the firm
A dissapointing experience. Management showed favouritism towards other trainees. They did not fair opportunities for training. They have no clear structure in the traineeship and management were rude and argumentitive. Guidance was inconsistent amongst supervisors which all affected my confidence and just confused me. My line manager was not even an expert in the project I was working on. If you don't meet their unrealistic expectations, they do not have a process in place to fairly assess progress and help you improve. They do not value their staff at all. Project funding is misplaced and money is not invested in projects and services that are needed.
Pros
Cons
Poor training structure
The interview process is straight forward, training is comprehensive, the job allows you to genuinely help people and both the staff and customers come from all walks of life, which makes every day interesting. Only down side is that being a charity, funding for paid positions tends to be transitory, so there is little job security.
Pros
Genuine sense of job satisfaction
Cons
lack of job security
People need help, and it's a privilege to help them. Teamwork is everything. An enjoyable, interesting and fulfilling job. When I worked there, it hadn't yet been computerized. Would be even more interesting now, with information easily available and many transferable skills.
Pros
Always working with a supportive and knowledgeable team.
Cons
Long and difficult training period.
I have only been a volunteer with the organisation. They are a professional organisation with customers issues at the forefront. They are understanding and generous with their time,
Pros
Great training
Cons
Having to wait a month before getting expenses paid
I would avoid working at Bridgend Citizens Advice at all costs! Very poor experience of working there, as has a number of former colleagues. Bad management. Bullying culture. Undervalued and disrespected. I would advise to avoid at all costs.
Pros
Cons
None. All workers of any value has left.
Work hard, and you'll have nothing to worry about in this job. It will be busy and it can get stressful but ultimately you're helping people and this is it's own reward. And each day brings with it a new and different challenge.
Draconian managers , awful place to have worked . Bullying, discrimination and not practicing what they preach to their staff. No impartiality and management collude to protect each other. Hated working here and people left almost every month I was there. Avoid this place at all costs!!!
Pros
Nothing!!!
Cons
Awful culture of bullying and no progression!!!
Great Place to work, can make a real difference to peoples lives. Plenty of opportunities to be able to volunteer, training provided is very thorough and supportive.
Staff and locality managers are absolutely brilliant. Very fast-paced but relaxed environment. However Apprenticeships are only contracted a year and little to no chance of progression or security within the job.
I would recommend Birmingham Citizens Advice to any person who comes to the UK as an immigrant. The learning is excellent. It is a gateway portal to understanding UK culture, working ethics and relationship management. They will teach you everything including how to handle phones, answer emails, correspondence, the laws of the land, housing, benefits, education, immigration, and so on.
The only problem i see working for the Ctiizens Advice is that a lot of the roles are funded. So, the job security isn't the best. And you have to re-apply and take another interview, for the job you are already doing. But the working environment is good.
Pros
nice people
Cons
mostly temporary cntracts
  1. Employee reviews