City & County Healthcare Group

City & County Healthcare Group Employee Reviews

To be honest, I loved my job, even though I was left to fend for myself on day 3 and was expected to know everything. The downfall was every week there would be more put on me. I had enough to do as it was . Apart from my own work, I was dealing with housing issues which was not in my job role. Pay rise declined, I left. Never felt so undervalued in my life. Big turnover of team leaders due to the really bad pay
This firm took over our old firm and the moment they took over, everything just fell apart.I love my job and work very hard. This company does not value their staff.They pay you below minimum pay when you take out the traveling and the cost of milage. They expect you to travel but no cost to cover.Since take over management and office staff are so rude , pushy, they do not value you at all, they cut your shift.Ignore any issue you want to discuss.Only couple of staff in Peterborough office are fine, the rest are just bullies.They lie to you to cover shifts.
Pros
Clients at present.
Cons
Poor pay, rude, under valued. List is too long.
They do not value staff, in fact you feel like a subordinate. All benefits have been taken away, except a day off for your birthday. There is no sick pay. Whatever you do is not good enough. No progression prosoects.
No work life balance, 15hr long days, Constantly told u cant get holidays coz they have no staff to cover ur shift, management & office staff are shockingly rude to you, it’s unbelievable. Ur pulled in for making mistakes and shouted at. Ur pestered on days off to cover shifts. Its honestly the worst job ive had.....Stay clear!!
Pros
I got another job!
Cons
They tell you lies constantly
I have worked for City and County for 2 years and absolutely recommend the company to all prospective employees. The hours are long and there are challenging days but the management has a culture of support and striving for excellence.The service users that we support across the country are truly the reason why we work so hard in this company and I really couldn't recommend the company more.
Pros
Reward and sense of achievement
Cons
The management have an ‘us vs them’ mentality. They will all stick together in order to get what they want. No progression or development opportunity. They’ll also micro manage you for no reason. If they don’t like you they will do whatever it takes collectively to get rid of you.
Cons
This is by far the work company I have ever worked for. They don't care about staff their lives or anything. Will penalise you for appointments and if you refuse to work more than 60 hours to suit them. You get no time to yourself at home because they expect you to be at their beck and call 24/7. Wage is poor for what you're expected to do. Avoid.
Pros
It was a wage
Cons
No work life balance, absolutely no support from manager or higher , only interested in money not in the actual staff or customers, manager has a very bad attitude towards staff and customers alike. No career progression, very long hours, expected to be available 24/7, if you don’t want a life this place is for you!
Pros
Non
Cons
Long hours, poor pay, no work life balance, very little support
No benefits at all, no sick pay, minimal holidays. Cramped and stuffy office.No opportunities for advancement.Old IT equipment that broke down a lot.It was a mistake leaving my previous role for this bunch of clowns, I regret having City & County on my CV.
I absolutely love care work and delivering a good service this company took over my old old company and tore it apart all for negative effects and to save money, management don’t have a clue what they doing, don’t train the staff on the changes and if you speak up they open investigations that aren’t true to push you out of your position, if you truely want to work in care don’t work for this company
Pros
Amazing service users
Cons
Company owners
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at City & County Healthcare Group?
Awful place to work , upper management completely clueless , huge concerns ignored or covered up , forced to work overtime constantly but not paid for it , bullied , harassed , not paid correctly , worst company I have ever worked for
Cons
No matter what they tell you, do not trust this company. The area managers lie, they are not experienced. The managers treat their carers badly and then area managers let them. Lots of illegal goings on, CQC need to watch this company.
Supposed to be a healthcare company but don’t look after their staffs health or well being, don’t pay sick pay, Tiny desks (that should really be in an infant school) in a cramped, humid office with no air con - no wonder the staff caught colds and viruses so easily. Poor pay and general staff morale. Constant pressure from management to fix ancient IT equipment Avoid avoid avoid.
Good place to work to gain experience. Managers are nice and willing to help when they can. Good work life balance and other staff are nice as well. Always plenty of work for everyone.
Pros
nice staff
Cons
Management are not very good. We are expected to do on call. The seniors are paid more than the co ordinaries. Assistant branch managers x 2 sit around saying you have this to do but don’t help. Co ordinators are expected to do on call alternate weekends and change the goal posts whenever they see fit and if we don’t agree we are told it is what it is. The assistant branch managers x 2 are paid a lot ifof a lot of money and do nothing and don’t do oncall. We get paid 1200 pounds a mo month. BETTER OFF BEING A CARER AND YOUR PAID MORE WITH LESS STRESS
A fast paced environment always looking to improve quality of care for service users . Through the development and use of technology to provide responsive person centred care
I gained good Extra Care Scheme Experience since I have started with them. I had a good induction training I really enjoyed to support residents and families
Pros
No comment
Cons
Long Hours time to time
Awful management, bullying is the norm. If your face fits treatment. Breach of confidentiality left right and centre. The only Pro is there are some amazing fellow colleagues.
Wouldn't recommend this company to anyone shocking care the staff are not trained properly so there was lots of medication errors staff cutting corners not giving proper care staff in the office are rude and unhelpful worst company ever
Senior Management support is lacking. Point and blame culture. Very poor leadership. Do not value staff. No work life balance, expect staff to work 24/7 with no support to management with a blame culture. No one takes responsibility.
Pros
Cons
long hours no thanks
C&C is mostly a fantastic company to work for. What it lacks in benefits, is made up in it's people. You get the opportunity to work alongside some of the most caring, pro-active and forward thinking people. Every day I am inspired to learn and develop myself and my role