City & Guilds

City & Guilds Employee Reviews

I enjoyed my time there. I was happy to help out with Reward Policy as much as possible. The atmosphere was good but stressed - like everything had to be done yesterday, and people were secretive about what their roles actually entailed.
Pros
Good company to work for
Cons
Secretive and insecure environment
I enjoyed my time at the company due to the varied work and the people I worked with who made the days enjoyable and rewarding. C&G can be a good company to work for but it does depend who is leading the department and the culture they set.Why only two star rating? There is some extremely poor leadership in place in some parts of the business. If you dare question or challenge them on anything, however professionally and on solid ground, they will hold a grudge against you and you will end up leaving. Some managers spend more time complimenting those above them than they spend working with their teams in their quest to curry favour and be promoted. It can be very political.Poor leadership is a common theme amongst staff reviews and internal surveys at C&G. Nothing meaningful changes.Round of redundancies every couple of years without fail. This seems to be used in place of a proper performance management system by these managers who use it to move people on who they see as competition or have a grudge against. They will deny this but the staff know what is going on. Happens time and time again. Other departments have some very good leaders and managers, but sadly the company is let down by others who are in prominent positions.
Pros
Great staff, varied work, flexible working, acceptable total reward package
Cons
Some senior management
Support and training at the beginning was poor. Changes not communicated or not clear. Different responses from different people. Shame as really keen to get involved.
Pros
Reasonable pay scale. Opportunities to work from home before covid!
Cons
Feel very distant and detached from the company.
Lots of opportunities here if you want them, mostly fixed term contracts but opportunities in other depts if you don't have contract renewed, Also secondments available. Work is full on lots of Data protection, and data input so you have to concentrate and have your wits about you, mostly excel, SAP and CRM with other online marking platforms so lots of processes to learn but the company are excellent to work for and very flexible. It was the break I needed. Offices are immaculate, well equipped and great kitchen and breakout room facilities. Staff are very friendly and helpful.
Pros
flexability, good working environment and treat staff well.
Cons
Work is quite hard with lots of different processes to learn
good well run orginization would recommend to everyone all the time many thanks to them im happy with my progress if you search them on social media you will get loads of infp
Done a city & guilds course through my work through the local college found the course very interesting. Found this to be a added bonus when it comes to applying for jobs as it is a recongnied qualifiation to most employers.
Pros
Free qualification
Tend to b very busy at start of week and midweek. Great work ethics and awesome people. Great chance to grow career-wise and lastly, the most enjoyable part of the Job is the weekly catch-ups with top management in a relaxed atmosphere.
For me I work as a consultant for City and Guilds which means I get to set my own hours and am paid on a contract by contract basis. I find that though the work is challenging I am not short of support, but this type of work is not for everyone as the pay can be low for certain tasks.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Irregular work flow
I loved my time there and the job but unfortunately the training for such a complex job was lacking. If there had been more support and guidance I would have not left.
Challenging, engaging and collaborative culture. I would work here again. Truly an inspirational environment created with supportive managers and key company incentives and initiatives.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at City & Guilds?
Good company to work for except management is still very old school. The company benefits are good and the pension is worth staying in the company. The whole company culture is friendly.
Well lead organisation with the benefits for the role of working from home and able to work around personal commitments. Colleagues fully supportive and always on hand to help out.
this was for my course i have never worked there,I have done a few course for them. the courses where good. I did my Dental nursing course with the them not long after it first come out.
Very technical level of work. Using numerous contacts to plan and organise workflows. Was overwhelming at first but once in the flow of the culture understood the level of intensity was necessary to complete the written tasks.
This is a qualification, not a job, whilst studying for this qualification, I had to have a work placement, this was based at strode college where I taught customer services to the travel and tourism students.
Easy to gain this qualification also easy to apply, they offer many other good quality qualifications, everyone in the class passed with ease............
I worked part of the credit control team .. unfortunately the team I worked was very cliquey. Didn’t enjoy it at all stressful. A lot of favouritism...
Toxic environment to work in. A lot of management should not be people managers. Poor support from HR. The benefits are ok and some areas are really interesting.
the Job was volunteering at the NEC arena in Birmingham. I was there for 3 days and it was extremely fun. People from different were present which made the experience more fun.
Pros
Free Lunch, Free powerbank
Cons
It would get boring
Developed my career in a number of senior management roles in a great learning environment. The workplace culture was very much about helping and supporting learner outcomes, often the most disadvantaged.
It was a decent course lots of information and helpful teachers not really useful to do though as I thought didn’t come to much of an advantage to myself
  1. Employee reviews