City Facilities Management
Happiness score is 54 out of 100

City Facilities Management Employee Reviews

United Kingdom310 reviews

citycolleagueprogressioncleaningsupermarkettoiletvanstore

good place to work at begining then went downhill after change of manager

Eight hour shifts (my shift backshift} 2 till 10. Cleaning up to cohse standards. Manage ment could be more hands on, supervisors poor,paid for doing as little as possible.Shifts under manned but all work still expected to be done

Pros

always paid on time/on site parking

Cons

wages poor so have to work overtime to make a decent wage Management poor

Don’t bother

The city-asda contract is dead in the water. Do not waste your time applying for anything. Mass redundancies to follow. No support and poor management!

Pros

Cons

Dead contract

Insights into City Facilities Management

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Inclusive work environment

Not to bad

Got made redundant but good company it has benefits that you get for working for them but can be stressful at times. Rates of pay minium wage unless salary paid

Good environment no progression

Great company to work for regarding suport within the roll . No investment in training for progession. If you enter in the cleaning sector the chances of moving elsewhere in the buisness are slim to none. Pay for all sectors but cleaning is good . Cleaning is an area they neglect some what .

Too much pressure

When I first started it was a good place to work.My manager is great and very supportive. The issues lie above my manager.Most of the higher management have zero trade experience and have no idea is what's involved in or the timescales of the work we carry out. They Constantly push for more work to be closed down so their figures look good to the client.The hours are way too long. Too much traveling. I can travel over a thousand miles in a week.

Pros

Great colleagues.

Cons

Travel. Staying away. Pressure from upper management. Slow ordering system.

Brilliant company

City fm is one of the best companies I have worked for as a store cleaning manager. The support the company give you is outstanding. It’s just such a shame it came to an end after losing the contract with the client. I had 6 years with city and I can honestly say it was the best job I’ve ever had. Something new was always going on every week. I was busy but it’s what I loved doing and the people I worked with were a pleasure. City looked after you with bonus and even till the very end they gave us all a full bonus. I 100% recommended. Work hard and you will get rewarded and noticed

Bad company

If you're looking for a good work/life balance then don't apply to City. They say they are flexible to you but in reality you have to work round them .

Pros

Cons

To many

Poor management structure

All issues that were raised with management were just brushed under the carpet, from job issues, to issues with staff. I feel with a lot of the management it was a case of “ not what you know but who you know” to get their positions.

Stressful

Worked for the company for 9 month had to wait 6 weeks to get a tool kit that was never used, waited 2 weeks for uniform to be provided along with IT equipment. Extremely Poor management, no support and under valued. This place will seriously put a strain on your mental health, too much driving, not treated with any respect by management or store management. Would not recommend. Just a box ticking job drive two hours to run a tap or flush a toilet. Was total miss sold the job, worked there with no performance reviews, met the manager face to face once in 9 months. As he always worked from home, AMM was totally uncontactable, and completely incompetent at his job was ment to have teams meetings everyweek that was cancelled 9 time out of 10 minutes before it was due to start, supervisor was never at work, had to rely on other colleagues to provide help and support, 4 of my team left the contract during my time there due to poor management, I myself left the company due to the poor management. No training or development opportunities with the business, great job if you just want to drive and walk round all day with a ipad flushing toilet and running taps and ticking boxes,

Pros

No micro management

Cons

Poor management, poor wage, no support from managers or supervisor

High Stress Environment. Difficult customer. Poor backup from City.

Unrealistic workload set by high level remote Management. Your chances of promotion if you are not Scottish, are drastically less. You must not disagree with the company policy in any way. You will be encouraged out of the company should you share opinions not held by the company. The company workers forum is a talking shop attended by people who are too scared to say anything other than the company line ! You are micro-managed ! Need I go on ?

Pros

Unlimited private fuel use.

Cons

Callout is compulsory andinclusive in salary.

Fast paced and stressful

Everything done at a fast pace with little time for the tasks at hand. Poor Rota system but a great team to work with on a daily basis. Man management not their strongest attribute but overall if you did your work well you passed the monthly audit regularly

Home based so some days you don’t leave the housr

Great company to work for, lots of ongoing training and support, management are a great bunch of people to work with, colleague’s are helpful and supportive, IST’s can be a bit awkward but everyone enjoys working there.

Poor leadership and lack of direction.

Left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. Last minute minute task are given to you, puts pressure on you to try and catch up with normal day to day activities. You are then questioned why your normal day to day activities have not been completed on time as if you have a magic wand or something.

Good to work for

I found this company good to work for, cleaning manager was great. Colleagues were great to work with. Can't complain to be honest. pay was ok for me.

Easy money

Easy money but rubbish job, could have been paid more and fairly, in line with the asda colleagues who treat the cleaning staff with such contempt.The crew themselves was alright, but nuts. But fun

Meeting lots of different people

Job is okay until you make a mistake and you lose support from the management. Not prepared to listen to experienced staff when problems are highlighted so don't use this experience to improve their service.

Pros

Nice company cars.

Cons

Management don't listen to you.

nice company to work for.

Great to work for. always paid on time correctly, very good atmosphere and helpful workmates made the day at work a pleasurable experience , unfortunately had to leave the job for medical reasons.

City used to be the place to work but like every company just became money entoriated You wait months for equipment that you need and sometimes just buy stuff yourself.

Pros

Good team to work with

Cons

Management don't give a dam

Once great but falling by the wayside

Used to be a great place to work, pay is OK for the job role and area manager used to be involved however the last 2 years has proven that the company focus has shifted and the in store managers were left to fend for themselves, no communication from area managers, no visits. Shame as I said previous used to be a great company but employed the wrong people in the wrong jobs

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Area managers

Decent and secure job with little progression opportunities.

Decent and secure job. Overall an okay place to work but there are very little progression opportunities so not much room to progress. Have been flexible and decent during the pandemic, and have tried to support employees.

Decent and secure job with little progression opportunities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City Facilities Management. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement