City Plumbing Supplies

City Plumbing Supplies Employee Reviews

I work with an absolutely fantastic here and that makes my day great at work! We have a very full, busy studio producing all marketing collateral for the plumbing and heating division.
There are some good guys at city plumbing but unfortunately management is to its lowest standard and as a driver you are made to believe that your role is not so important, salary is very poor with no real gain to overtime pay as it is just a normal rate, when and if offered it as overtime is handed out very selectively until they want or need a favour from yourself.
Pros
Early finish
Cons
Poor salary/ bad management
the warehouse where I worked was freezing cold and bad lighting in parts you could not approach the management and explain to them an easier way to complete a task because it could only be done their way, When one of the management made a mistake the fault was always passed on to lower grade staff, At finishing time if no customers in shop the manager would stand by the exit door looking at his watch and would not let you leave until he said it was OK. when I was covering for the lorry when the driver was on holidays or sick was told if I had a accident in the lorry I would have to pay for the repairs myself also I was treated like a gopher do not even go for an interview stay away.
Pros
free uniform
Cons
6 day week poor pay long hours
Horrible place to work for. No overtime management dont care how long you are out stuck at delivery at 7pmNo support. Company what so ever. Steer clear
Pros
No pros
Cons
Rubbish pay
I would not recommend working for this company forced to work through breaks forced to work overtime and all unpaid forced to lift and deliver really heavy items by yourself with out adequate equipment and customers expected you to lift upstairs etc management have their favourites and encourage a bullying environment
Pros
Leaving
Cons
This company is a disgrace, management a total joke and so is head office. Let's just say that when you are spoken to like dirt, especially in front of other members of staff and customers, sworn at, shouted at, and when you go through the proper channels to try and get it resolved, head office don't want to know. Only a 30 min break and working from 7-5. Stay clear and avoid, not worth the stress especially for a rubbish wage. theworth the stress
Pros
Cons
Sexist workers, rude and very unprofessional and disgusting.
Sorry, I do not want to add a review for this company as, at the end of my employment it ended very badly and I am taking them to court for how I was treated. They advertise they are a company/employee oriented culture but they are not. I developed stress and had to start taking medication for depression during my time and I was not supported at all. It would not be my recommendation to work in such an environment for anyone, the level of stress and abuse is not comparable to the salary you could possibly receive.
You need to have a knowledge of the industry, if you don’t you are rapidly pushed out to the side and then forced to move on. No advancement or progression. Management structure is too many managers and not enough workers. Area manager is a bully and has no management skills.
I enjoy what I do, like any job you have good days and bad days but on the whole still good.Theres good variation on a daily basis and you learn something new every day.
Great at first 3 months all worked together, next 3 months change of management , very poor morale, no direction , poor management , work expectations .
I would never reccomend working in this hellhole.nepotism is rife.no job satisfaction.barely ever a break.made to fight for entitled holidays.money is poor for the hours worked.management is a joke that are out to line their own pockets.and the plebs are blamed for everything that goes wrong in the place.even getting classed as thieves. Awful.horrendous.despicable job and.img
Multi national company with everyday being different. My main job role was to over see the showroom make sure it was clean and tidy and all displays were damage free for customers to see and try out. The hardest part of the job was dealing with upper management with communications regarding sales and training
A fast paced environment can vary on a day to day basis from driving to customers either on site or to the public delivering to a high standard to keep the city plumbing brand going.
i would tell everyone to avoid working for this company, full of false promises and lies, Branch manager is a control freak, and has complete disregard for employment law, forced to work days off and told you wont be paid for it, and if you don't like it leave!! not allowed breaks!! no matter what you do, or how hard you work, it is not appreciated, i worked at this company for 4 and half years and not once in that whole time did the branch manager appreciate any work carried out, he would prefer to just disrespect the staff and customers with his awful people skills and his non existent management skills.
Pros
every other weekend off, 5pm finishes
Cons
poor training
Managers sit in office all day ignoring everyday customers , sometimes interacting with only their own friends . All in all a hard place to achieve any real goals only a number to a lot of management.
Pros
Work experience
Cons
Treated like an outsider
Enjoy the job. But sometimes I feel extremely underpaid for the work I do and the hours involved. At work 6 out of 7 days every other week. I like working here enjoy working with my colleagues and would stay but the salary is an issue for me. An increase in that and I wouldnt even be looking for other work.
Other staff were patient and Helpful If I needed any help with anything. Well managed and warehouse kept tidy at all times. Safety measures were put in place to ensure nobody got hurt. Overall great experience and a good laugh
Contact customers, get orders, then jump though way too many hoops to get "Special products " ordered. I've worked for other companies that have way more direction and foresight than this one
Pros
Free uniform
Cons
Not given the oppertunity to make a difference
Good place to work but there was nowhere to progress. Upper management do look after you and listen. I left because of a member of staff in the local branch not because of the company.
City Plumbing is a fun fast and challenging place to work. You can start from the bottom and make your way to the top with a career here. The benefit system you get with the company is amazing.
Day starts at..07.00... Unset the alarm Daily banking... Cup of tea with staff.. To talk the day over.. Open doors..07.30 Ready to start trading... I enjoyed being management...Where I can pick my staff .. And train them.. To there potential.. Like to have a happy atmosphere in branch...Happy faces at the counter... Makes customer feel..Welcome If staff are happy.. You can get the best from them .. Teamwork Hardest part of job.....Juggling holidays to suit staff Most enjoyable part of job .....Success
Pros
Branch improvement