City Technical Services

City Technical Services Employee Reviews with Jobs

United Kingdom13 reviews

Fast paced, productive work place

A typical day at work in my previous job for me involved managing e-mails and calls from customers or housing associations to book out jobs, give updates on ongoing repairs, or handle complaints either myself or passing them on to the appropriate supervisor or manager. I learned many things but most importantly I learned how to be professional whilst communicating over both phone and e-mails, this was very important. The management at CTS were very involved and helpful whenever I was unsure on anything. The workplace in general was very friendly and we all helped each other out which was lovely. The hardest part of the job was dealing with unhappy customers but this soon turned into the most rewarding/enjoyable part of the job after I was able to control the situation and make the customer happy.

Shitehole!!

Cowboy company. Underpay staff. Try to fit 15 hours of work into an 8 hour shift. Horrendous staff especially management. Bad attitude towards treatment of engineers.

Insights into City Technical Services

What people like
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Trust in colleagues

Brilliant company!

I have worked with City Tech for just under 4 years now and it’s a brilliant, family run business with great management support. I have had the opportunity to progress throughout the years and the training is great. I would highly recommend this company.

Job summary.

New starts are made to feel like 'outsiders'. The 'Technicians' were not the greatest but with more experience I had to go and fit their parts to boilers and was on a lower rate (I had 21.5yrs experience at the time) and there was zero career progression. The stand-by was unbelievable, absolutely no chance to see family/have a social life.

Pros

Plenty of oppurtunity to make money.

Cons

Stand-by rota was excessive.

Terrible

Company only cares about its self. No care or though given to engineers health and well being. Wages poor, Management the worst I have ever come across.

City technical services

worst company I have ever worked for. From management to staff disgusting attitudes,shouldn’t be allowed to operate as a company.rip off merchants. Unsympathetic to real life situations at home,under paid,under appreciated,over worked,over stressed,management are too busy lining there own pockets from the workforce and being egotistic,the workforce constantly changing because guys over pushed learn quick that it’s not a good place to work at all,I could go on all day about how bad this company is instead I advise EVERYONE to steer clear of this monstrosity joke of a company

Run by idiots!!!!

Management and schedulers try to shoehorn 14hrs work into an 8hr day not taking into account possible delays at a job and travel, even trying to add to your workload during the day. Also, you NEVER get to finish at your normal, contracted time, standby is a joke, they just keep throwing jobs at you with no regard for how many hours you’ve already worked that day, you’re expected to stay out to the bitter end. You’re also expected to keep your van stock up to date also but finding time for this is near impossible and company will take money directly off your salary for any missing items. Take a job here and say goodbye to your home life.

I worked here for a long time and always enjoyed it. I left to pursue other job opportunities. I would recommend this as a workplace. The management are great and I always felt included.

Pros

Close team

Cons

Winter time is painfully busy

Good working environment

Hard work, but also rewarding. Lots of interaction with customers, and the opportunity to to go the extra mile to help solve problems. All in all, an excellent company to provide you with training and any problems you will encounter out in the field.

Pros

Able to structure your daily schedule to suit yourself, so long as the workload was completed.

Cons

Long hours.

A Day In City Technical Services

A typical day in City: Each day is different you are faced with different challenges. Each day you are learning something different far. Management are very lovely and extremely helpful. The hardest part of the job is dealing with very difficult customers but as I am very helpful kind and understanding I do my best to help all customers. I love working in city you have a good laugh with all the staff .

great work ethic

great starting point for learning industry. Have learned alot during my time working for the company. Other engineers are really helpful and always on the other end of the phone.

great compamy to work for!

friendly staff management does not treat anyone differently, like a big family and look after each other. always great advice and clear instructions.

great place to work for

This company i would work for them again great place to work for like a family and training as well

Pros

training and backup

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City Technical Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement