City Utilities

City Utilities Employee Reviews

Can be good but do your bosses work too

Can be good. Enjoy doing something worthwhile. Not enough appreciation by my direct boss. Discourages learning new techniques and meeting new people in the field. A fair amount of negative feelings expressed by other departments. Nice to go home at the end of the day. Benefits could be better. Physical work environment is in poor condition.

Pros

Paid lunch, time indoors and out

Cons

Healthcare, pay, attitudes, lack of routine replacment of critical equipment

Secure employment.

I worked here for almost 17 years & established relationships with lots of good people, both colleagues & customers. Management changed in August 2018, which means the company's direction also changed. I was relieved of my duties after 1 year of new management.

City Job

Great place for me to start a career and gain professional experiences. Offers a great work/personal life balance. Great people to work with. Management changed as I was leaving, so I cannot speak on that.

good

It is a good company to work for. Great co workers, benefits, and employee assistance. I would like to continue working at the company but i dont see much movement into the field i want.

Learning new equipment as they updated.

CU challenged me as I often was the employee who first learned the new machines and drew up the procedures manuals. Then I would train my co-workers. There were four of us and we rotated. One person would pick up a stack of bills and run the Pitney Bowes inserter machine which stuffed the envelopes and stamped. The other would do data entry. One person opened mail and orgnized it in stacks. One stack were full pays, partial pays, checks, money orders, etc. The 4th person ran the different stacks through the remittance machine. This job was crucial so that people knew what they had coming out of their bank. Everything was checked twice. Management was encouraging and I really enjoyed my co-workers. The hardest part of the job would be running the inserter. I liked it, but it could be temperamental at times. I loved how we switch and rotated with jobs. It kept us on our toes!

Pros

Vacation time. Dr on site, pleasant people

Cons

Machinery breaking down and causing a lot of OT.

Great Job

I do an number of things at CU from billing to customer service to general office duties. • Billing Department: Correct billing errors; answer questions regarding billing errors; meet deadlines to ensure customers receive bills correct and in a timely manner. • Lobby: Help customers face to face with questions regarding bills, activating/disconnecting service and any other concerns or questions. Process NSF checks, night box payments, daily mail, project share, guarantor filing, balance Kiosks and any other projects the supervisor assigns. • Call Center: Answer incoming calls and assist customers with billing questions connecting/disconnecting service and any other concerns they might have regarding their utilities.

Driving the city Bus Sometimes had its its good and bad Times.I Leared how to maneuver Through Traffic, its wasn't easy.I had great coworkers.The hardest part about this job was the Traffic.The best part was meeting all the people.

Pros

Enjoying the Conversations

Cons

Traffic

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City Utilities. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2Job security/advancement