CityFibre
Happiness score is 45 out of 100

Working at CityFibre: 17 Reviews

United Kingdom17 reviews

Need better management showing leadership

Management need have management skills in leader ship. Need toTransparent and to the point . To say what you mean and not the opposite. Very high on PC but its more of a lipService

8 March 2022
Hi there, thanks for letting us know about your experience at CityFibre. We’re constantly improving our culture - one of our core behaviours is ‘Back Each Other’, and that’s something we instill across every team. We take every comment very seriously and we’ll use your feedback to improve our employee experience.

Good company to work for

I tried out for a temp role there recently and although the role wasn't really for me at the end of the day, I can honestly say that they were one of the better companies that I've worked for.The people there (including management) were all friendly and approachable and the building itself was clean and welcoming. If there was a role more suited for me, I would have stayed on/would work there again in a heartbeat.

Insights into CityFibre

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energising work tasks

Good at first but then...

Just another company that likes to 'talk the talk' but then does not measure up when it matters.Micromanagement going unchecked and some serious questions around how and why they are recruiting potential liabilities into lower management posts.An experience I would rather forget and in all honesty a waste of my time and effort.

Pros

Nothing of note

Cons

Uncaring attitude

Not very good place to work

On paper sounds a good company, my experience was very disappointing. May have been the city I was working in. The company wants a first class job but in reality they want homes ready for sale ASAP.The standard of work that I witnessed was rubbish, work was referred back to the contractor's but only a token gesture at rectification was made.Many people have left or are looking to leave including senior management

Pros

Plenty of training

Cons

Trying to be something they are not

Progressive

This company is a big player, they mean business in what they want to achieve, operationally and financially. That scale of expectation is only achievable by having the right people in the right places, doing the right things.CityFibre promote a great ethos, with the fundamentals we need to do our thing.How we all rise to the challenges set is up to us.

Pros

Competitive salary, bonus, car allowance, expenses. Interesting work, challenged enough to light the spark but not too much to become overly stressed.

Cons

Growing pains with some frustrations but nothing that isn’t easily fixed.

8 March 2022
Thank you for your kind words about working at CityFibre! Meeting our target of delivering full fibre to 8 million homes by 2025 means we’re growing very fast. Scaling so quickly can mean a few growing pains while we adjust - we apologise if this caused us to miss the mark. We want to make sure we retain our unique culture even as we grow, so we will be sure to share your feedback with the wider team so we can continue to improve. Thanks again for your kind words - positive reviews like yours really help candidates see what it’s like to work here.

A sad let down

On paper should have been a great company to work for but over expanded too quickly during a pandemic without effectively interviewing staff. As a result, wrong people in wrong positions and management just as inept as the contractors. CF don’t care about the legacy of defects contractors leave across the city or the quality of the network, only interested in rfs. Issues raised fall on deaf ears. Low staff moral, poor salary and they wonder why everyone is resigning

Pros

Cons

Issues ignored

No progression, high pressure, little pay

They promise the world with changes coming, improvement in processes, training, progression etc. etc. but I'm yet to see anything significant come of it after being there for 2 years.Too much focus on building the network and not enough on maintaining what they've already got

Pros

Water, coffee/tea, bonus

Cons

Long hours, poor pay, very little training

25 November 2021
Hi there, thanks for letting us know about your experience at CityFibre. CityFibre is growing very quickly at the moment. This can result in a few growing pains - we’re sorry that these impacted your experience with us. Although we’re growing fast, it’s really important to us that every employee has an amazing experience with CityFibre. We’ll pass your comments onto the wider team to make sure this doesn’t happen again. Rest assured we’ll be taking your feedback on board, so we can keep improving the experience we offer CityFibre employees.

Productivity over Compliance and Quality

Poor compliance and quality. Second rate contractors being pushed to deliver a failed build, whilst compliance and quality is swept under the carpet to meet CityFibres targets. Cityfibre are well aware of the issues regarding poor compliance and quality, yet choose to ignore it! A Network built on poor quality and compliance, a failure waiting to happen. I just hope they don’t kill someone in the process!

Pros

Flexible working that is abused by CF staff

Cons

Poor support and no standards

30 September 2021
Hi there, thanks for letting us know about your experience at CityFibre. It seems that your time here didn’t live up to expectations, and certainly doesn’t match what we try to provide our employees. Listening to our employees is really important to us, which is why we take this kind of feedback very seriously. It’s also why we’ve started running an annual Employee Voices survey, where every single person at CityFibre can give us their honest feedback on how we’re doing. Rest assured we’ll be taking your feedback on board, so we can keep improving the experience we offer CityFibre employees.

Bae

Anyone thinking about working for CF need to understand that it's boring and unorganized, they are a toothless tiger with the contract partner in fear of the CP pulling out. Worthing is especially bad and would advise anyone thinking about joining the team there to think twice!

Pros

Working Hours

Cons

Unorganized

A joke

Left hand did not know what right hand were doing employing ppl how Kew nothing about the job Battered the sub contractors BEA without proper Trainning and doing audits If you Kew more and trying to help out and give advice you got pushed to one side There had there own little group

30 September 2021
Thank you for taking the time to feed back about your experience at CityFibre. It appears you were employed by one of our Build Partners, rather than directly by CityFibre. We will make sure we pass your comments on to their HR team, so they can take steps to improve their employee experience. Once again, thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We will escalate it to the right people so we’re able to learn from it.

Well organised driven and supportive

Excellent HR and onboarding structure. Almost a flat management structure. Change and flexibility to the core of getting things done. Friendly environment with great leadership.

Pros

Games room

Cons

Potentially long hours / paternal cultures

30 September 2021
Thank you for your kind words about working at CityFibre. Work-life balance is incredibly important to us. That’s why we offer flexible working, generous annual leave and we’ve recently prohibited meetings between 1pm and 2pm,so people can enjoy a proper lunch break. Thanks so much for sharing your experience of working with CityFibre - reviews like yours help people understand what working here is like and why it’s such a great place to build a career.

Excellent and flexible company

Extremely impressed with how flexible city fibre have been with the hours I can work. I was sent out my uniform, ipad and equipment within days. The communicate group and the support they give is fantastic. Would highly recommend this place

Pros

Flexible working hours

Cons

Working outdoors in the winter 🤤

30 September 2021
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your positive experience with CityFibre!

Fab CEO and good company values. Good team morale and training options. Good HR team. Frequent company meetings to know what’s going on throughout the business

30 September 2021
Thanks again for your kind words - positive reviews like yours really help candidates see what it’s like to work here!

Worst experience at a company ever

I was leafletting for this company (via an agency in Leeds) at the beginning of the year. I had been meeting my targets and going above and beyond what was expected of me. After a few weeks of this work I told the company that I was not willing to work a day during storm Doris (outside all day in 50 mph wind and 2°C). They replied to my email telling me that it was OK and that they would find someone else who could do it. Only midway through my next shift did I find out that they had in fact fired me for requesting that day off. They had no sympathy for me over the phone and were completely obtuse. I

Pros

Easy work

Cons

Terrible respect for their employees

12 hr for streetworks ??

Bunch of chancers do not work for 12 pounds an hour as a machine op especially on streetworks having a laugh at that rates and a ground worker gets 15 /17 an hr

A great company to work for

A good company with a bright future. They are growing to be the main challenger to BT and have been involved with several partnerships with companies like Vodafone, TalkTalk and Sky.

Cityfibre

Cityfibre, Good company to work for, if you are not looking to progress your career. Great team, and fully enjoyed my time here. But unfortunately for me, I was promised the world by the director who has now parted company, and by his management team. Just not working out, I have ambition, and I do not think I can fulfill my ambitions with this company. Which is a shame because I love the work & the project we are building.

Pros

Permanent job, Bonus scheme, health care, pension, shares

Cons

All though promised, I never got what was offered to me

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CityFibre. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement