CitySprint

CitySprint Employee Reviews

United Kingdom223 reviews

couriersprintvancontrollerfuelparceldrivermile

Long hours and Insubstantial rates

Being a self employed courier for many years, I have found that it is very hard to make a substantial living solely relying on Citysprint for work.If however you subcontract to various companies then it is always good to have them on board.

Pros

Self Employed

Cons

Long hours for little return

Self employment

Enjoyed work generally with city sprint . Pay not that good given costs of running own vehicle and aspects such as traffic congestion sometimes a problem . Some technical information to learn and use .

Pros

Freedom to work how you choose .

Cons

Poor pay .

Insights into CitySprint

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Inclusive work environment

Scam company to work for!

Avoid!!!! 120 a day to do between 12-14 hrs a day. 5 days a week. On the 6th day you get shorter run but it’s still full of dead miles. If you leave they don’t pay for what you have already worked. Don’t work for this company.

Pros

Cons

Less that minimum wage

Rubbish company

Stay away from this rubbish company they taking your details and put your application on hold and telling you they don't need car drivers, I had very bad experience I paid for my hire and reward insurance and being told no drivers needed, they joking on my, do not even think to apply with them.

Nice workplace

Nice place to work with. Work allocation was good. Each day was different. Different experiences daily. Shift patterns varied depending on the client. I enjoyed working at CitySprint. I had my booked holidays as I wanted. Overall, this is a good company to work for.

Pros

Flexibility

Profesional

It is the most professional company I have worked with so far, very well managed, a company where you can earn very well financially if you are willing to work. colleagues are friendly and always ready to help you

Pros

Free working staff

Cons

Mediun working hoirs

Don't expect to get rich working as a self employed driver

worked for this company for around 6 weeks now first week brilliant earnings and then from there on in the rates dropped and dropped until i ended up working for peanuts, never got any backloads promise one rate when you first apply then you actually get 10p a mile less when you start then get charged a weekly circuit fee so you can use other depots but they never have backloads so about as much use as a chocolate teapot, learnt my lesson early on thankfully,

Can be hard work but fairly relaxed atmosphere

Working in the warehouse can get quite busy but is generally very laid-back and light work compared to most warehouses, management are very relaxed as long as the job gets done you get left alone, They do not have pick rates or anything like that either, Overall I would definitely say I enjoyed my time with the company

Pros

Competitive salary, good work culture

Cons

It took them awhile to get the right balance of staff on the new contract I was on, so our team often felt overworked but, in fairness they did finally sort this out and it became pretty easy

Hard work

Very stressful and no guarantee for the work, races and favours based atmosphere. Long hours and pay well low then national average .No respect for the workers.

Pros

Cons

To many

Not Quite Matching The Talk !

I've been to City Sprint a couple of times and it is what it is - a sameday courier job. I was a little disappointed by my last spell there because they had become somewhat greedy. For example; they once paid £15 a week for you to display their magnetic logo on your vehicle, but last time I was there, I had to pay them - and it was compulsory.In addition, I recall much hype about them finding you return loads but, in reality, I found very few returns - and the ones which I was offered had been quoted at full price to the customer, but heavily reduced from your normal rate - because it was a return load and you 'should be grateful' - as City Sprint gain increased profit at your expense.Of course, there's always the moaning about 'the favourites get all the work', but I must say that, while I had my quiet days, I can't in fairness accuse City Sprint of favouritism - but clearly, if one driver is reliable and one isn't - the former will get the job.All-in-all, if you like same-day courier work, you can do a lot worse than City Sprint. Just don't go there and expect immediate full days of lucrative jobs and returns - it takes time to be trusted, consistent and relied upon. Build up your internal reputation - give it time and budget for a slow-ish start.I'd go back there. It's an OK company if you're fair with them.

Long hours, too many dead miles, poor work life balance

Long hours, 12-14 hours minimum as a normal dayLots of dead upaid milesYou end up driving all day on your own for not a lot of money at the end of month after you take fuel money and van rent out of your earnings

Fast paced full of great people

CitySprint is a great place to work, they are always looking to do what is right for colleagues and customers. The most enjoyable part of my job is the people here are great and there's a great mix of individuals. Like all businesses it can be busy and stressful at times as CitySprint are excelling in all areas, but where isn't there stress in this sector. I've learnt a lot here and the development plans in place should support everyone

Pros

Great People

Cons

Can get busy

Empresa a evitar

Muito má experiência não recomendo havia sempre problemas nos pagamento

Lack of management skills

I would not recommend working here. Most of the managers do not have people skills. Some are 2 faced bully’s. They expect a lot of work for long hours and low pay.

Not the greatest employer

Poor management and they are not interested when there are problems. Expected to lie to customers. They favour all the yes people and not the actual staff that get the job done

Good company to work for. A fast paced environment so need to be very mobile. Hours to suit and additional hours available in the evening or at weekends.

Friendly and ambitious

Top company to work for. They value their people and provide opportunities for growth. Ambitious company always looking to innovate. There's a good variety of work to keep you engaged too.

Unproductive workplace

Less than average pay, unprofessional environment, lack of progression, same tedious regime of cold calling applicants and the rates the drivers make are unfair in comparison to other courier companies

Just no absolutely horrible

Just no really cannot stress how horrible it is working here. They do not care about employees at all. Long hours, lacl of resources employees are responsible for problems as management ate not interested as they are all stressed too.

Thieving Company

They cut you short on jobs just to pocket the money themselves. Even though they're making a cut from every job anyway. They don't care if you have health issues. Your expendable at any time.

Pros

Cons

Long hours.

don't have enough work

send you to pick up 7 large 20kg boxes from south side of Glasgow to centre of Glasgow job pays £4.25 take of fuel and parking making about £2 and some jobs Glasgow to Livingstone pays £31 but if they give you couple of jobs same time they'll only pay you £21 for that same job because in there view were giving you a few jobs its all about shafting the drivers for anything they can.

Pros

kind of get left to your own

Cons

far to many £4 and £5 jobs not enough decent paying jobs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CitySprint. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare CitySprint with

Learn about CitySprint in popular locations

• CitySprint