Claire's
Happiness score is 38 out of 100

Claire's Employee Reviews

Targets set daily which were unrealistic in an almost dead town. Pay wasn’t great. Offering so many up sells when a customer was not interested was awkward. Management was untrustworthy in my store.
Pros
Lucky bags
Cons
Poor pay
Rediculous atmosphere, so much pettyness especially from management. Would advise anyone not to work there. You're expected to run the shop then treated very unfairly in return
Pros
50% off
Cons
Long hours, can't have a life of your own
The list is too long . U have to do everything on your own .Its a one man army...upper management will not help and support atall Pick on little little things. U will always feel life someone is watching you. They dont appreciate your hard work when u r alone inthe store trying to do everything like delivery , planogram, earpiercing, serving customers , deal with theft but they will criticize and tell you off when u miss even one the tiniest thing.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Long hours, no work life balance, poor salary, no growth, lone trading
A very awful place to work management do not train you properly and expect you to know everything and get on with it! Left to lone trade most shifts hardly get a break and management bully you. Staff make you feel bad when calling in sick but also moan when you go in sick. Made to work nearly everyday and most of the time not even have a day off, you will mention that you have already worked 14 days in a row and they will not feel bad at all and will reply ‘oh well more money’ the place is not worth the time or energy and ruined me as a person made me ill and ruined my mental health I would not even recommend to my worst enemy
Pros
Discount
Cons
Long hours, underplay, horrible management
I worked for the company for a while as a sales assistant. the management team had no respect for their workers, especially sales assistants. the expect someone over the age of 18 to be able to live off just over £100 a month. There was a lack of trust and constant manipulation. They under appreciate their flexible workers. the support for physical and emotional support is lacking in certain areas.however the job is very easy to do can be fast passed, but its easily adaptable know your strengths and weakness' and you'll be fine with the job
Pros
easy job, 50% staff discount
Cons
lack of support from management
Only work at Claire’s if you want to lone trade all the time, work days and days With a day off. Work till early hours of the morning doing pog. Horrible place to work, expect managers to do loads of things in back of house but you have to lone trade 4x a weeks obviously these things can’t get done..
Pros
Discount
Cons
Pay
Working at Claire's means long hours on lower than minimum wage with a half an hour unpaid lunch break. I was promoted to keyholder/supervisor very quickly and also was fully trained in ear piercing (compulsory if you work there). I often ran the shop with just one sales assistant, and lone traded 9 hour days constantly. Considering all of this responsibility and commitment to the job, you'd think I'd get paid a bit more than £6.30. The company very much takes advantage of paying young people as little as possible and somehow loading them up with the same responsibilities as an assistant manager. The management also cares very little about holiday time, illness etc. and expect you to work well over your contracted hours, pressuring you when you don't. The environment could get very busy and stressful as it is very fast-paced, but it was also very fun at times. I love children and throwing parties and helping kids choose toys and presents was rewarding. My work colleagues are now close friends and working there taught me a lot of life lessons. However the negatives definitely outweigh the positives.
Pros
Get trained in ear-piercing. Fun if you like kids and parties.
Cons
Long hours. Bad pay rate. Bad management. Quick turnover.
Typically I work weekends and the days in the week around my other commitments. I have learnt to ear pierce both lobes and cartilage. This is done from 4 months old so be prepared. There are awards given for high sales in earrings. Most of management are really nice and its easy to progress to a supervisor from a sales but it comes with a lot of added responsibilities that don't match the pay rise. Claire's could definitely pay more considering what is expected. Lone trading is a huge thing with company and with small teams in stores your counted on a lot more than say if you work with 10 other people.
Pros
Easy to progress, half price staff discount.
Cons
Long hours, Lone trade, Bad pay
i found that i enjoyed every day at claires due to the positive and friendly personalities they hire. training is also very easy and quick to complete
Pros
good discount
Cons
wage far too low
I would never ever work in another Claire’s again after the Experience I had in the Buxton store the manager was so nasty and manipulative only ever thought of herself. Always pointed the little things I did wrong but never got any thanks for all the things I did that I didn’t have to do. She was on the edge of what I would call a bully. I chose to hand my notice in and leave but I feel like I’m all honestly I was bullied into leaving because I was so unhappy by the way I was treated. I could go on forever about all the reasons it was a horrible environment to work in.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Received 2 weeks training in another store. Then had a very brief handover for own store. Didn't know where anything was. Then left alone. Workload is heavy. Tasks and delivery everyday. The amount of paperwork is ridiculous. Was told after I got the job that I had to work every weekend, was told also not aloud Thursdays or Fridays off, nor Monday's. So could only have Tuesday's or Wednesday's but then told I shouldn't really have 2 days off together. Very few hours available and expected to stay behind often to complete moves with little help. Team was not supportive. Was told off for things I hadn't been trained on. Was little training in ear piercing then expected to jump right into it. Felt management would only praise same people and then humiliate anyone who wasn't doing well. No time to east lunch as breaks were really short. And would often have to work through lunch due to workload. The whole team were very clicky and not welcoming. Overall was left alone to deal with things and then scolded when it's not right.
Pros
Discount, piercing was fun, fun events/get to dress up
Cons
Workload, hours, training, management
I would definitely recommend working here as a first job or in a part time role. I was on a very small contract and was offered overtime all the time, however I was not put under pressure to take it. The management there is okay. My area manager was very intense but you can tell she cared about the company, which is good. My direct line manager was great, very laid back but could sometimes get annoyed if I was lost on how to do something. The training is all 10/10, especially for the ear piercing. I left the company because I went on to further education, however by the end of my employment I was starting to train for the supervisor position, so there is a chance to progress within the company. I would never have been a manager there however, as it seems very stressful from the outside looking in. At the time was on minimum wage which was only £4.20 AT THE TIME, however this would be more if you’re in the next age bracket and if you’re a supervisor/ manager you will get paid more.
Pros
Good discount and fun work environment
Cons
Bad wage
Far to much paperwork and daily sales targets were unachievable. Training was completed to a poor standard and was expected to know everything straight away. Have to pierce babies ears from age 4 months. Generally not a nice place to work
Worked here about a year and a half. Would have been longer if not for my own issues outside of work. Really enjoyed my time here. Every day was unpredictable. Some days were much busier than others but that's to be expected in retail. Sometimes targets were very difficult to hit and there were a lot of responsibilities which was occasionally a bit too much for one person but my time at Claire's was unique and I would be shocked for anyone to experience it the same way i did. Ear piercing training was thorough. I don't care what anyone says about Claire's, the piercing is so safe and hygienic and I loved doing it. It was a pleasure to work here.
Pros
Supportive staff and genuine friends for life
Cons
Occasionally the workload
I enjoy working with the team members but you know what it’s like working with an all girls team. I feel like I’m underpaid for my job and no progression. They set incentives but never rewarded. Stingy company to work for.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Pay
Started off as a sales assistant and then I was basically forced in to becoming a key holder. I didn’t mind being a key holder at the start because it meant I would get more hours (I was on a 4 hour contract, which got pushed up to 16), then I realised how much more stressful being a key holder was. I would often be left on my own to run the store, I would have to do delivery whilst watching the store. If you called in sick you would be made to feel bad about it. Doing ear piercing on young babies which I didn’t enjoy. The money isn’t good at all. I left because I was so stressed and couldn’t afford to live on the low income.
Pros
Travelling to different stores
Cons
Pay, ear piercing
I had really enjoyed working at Claire's as it has helped me gain alot of confidence and will recommend this job to anyone. I had helped out with many things such as staking the shelves and serving the customer
Very overpriced stuff. Horrible place to work. Ear piercing costs around £30 but the gold earrings cost about .60p to make...complete rip off. You are better than this job!!
Pros
Cons
Very poor salary, fake colleagues
fun job nice team . ear piercing training given in shop excellent customer care would recommend this job to any one that likes a faced paced fashion retail outlet
Sadly the only thing I can honestly say is the pay is not great. The company are brilliant to work for, I loved every min of it. Just a sad shame I had to leave after only just over a month with them as I had to care for my dad. If the money was better then I would jump at the chance to go back.
This was a great first job to have, the staff were friendly and kind, the hours were flexible and the overall experience was great, i also got training on the job was good
  1. Employee reviews