Claridges Hotel

Claridges Hotel Employee Reviews

United Kingdom12 reviews

Once in a lifetime role

I had the best time being a part of the Claridge's family. It was an eye opener to another level of hospitality and one I will cherish forever. If you believe, you will achieve.

Bullying and harassment-I would avoid at all costs

I had a terrible time working here, I was very badly bullied by management, to the point where I walked out and did not give any notice. Working here is like working in a mafia. They think because it is a luxury hotel they can treat their staff like a piece of their property. I had all of my work dicredited repeatedly by the housekeeping manager- to the point where I thought I was unable to work as a room attendant. The bullying is unbelievable, the room attendants were told in the morning meetings that if we ever left a review of Claridges online, they would find out who did it, and that person would never work in a hotel again (!!!!) Anyone who speaks up or defends anyone is informed by the housekeeping manager that they are going to be bullied next. They develop a climate of fear- if you struggle in any way with the workload you will be harassed and bullied. It pays ok but the money is not worth it.

Insights into Claridges Hotel

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Ability to learn new things

Amazing place to work for with great employee benefits

Offers great package and career advancement Very good employee benefits Fun and vibrant working culture Promotes pride in the place I work for Overall an amazing group of properties

Fun place to wirk if you have great work ethics because management is very strict and expect nothing but ace staff.

Productive and efficient workplace. Diciplined and very conservative. High standards expected at all times. It is also fun working there. There are people from all walks of life.

Pros

Free lunches and dinner. Hot cooked meals

Cons

Short breaks

Really nice experience

I really appreciate the meeting before each service where we had to know the standard, wine and ingredient of the week, it helped a lot increasing my knowledge.

great experience looks good in cv

great staff meals. a single shift is 10 hours, so too long. really good learning experience. fancy, luxury atmosphere. Great staff changing rooms that has been looked after

Pros

meals

Cons

short break long hours

Fun working enviroment

Very busy breakfast but still manageable I learned a lot like how to deal with a stress full situation, and how to deal with a complaint from the guest. Management always looking after the welfare, security of the staff. The hardest part of the Job is Night shift The most enjoyable part of the job is when we are working as team specially on busy times.

Pros

Free Breeakfast, Lunch and Dinner

Cons

No comment

fun

i do enjoy working at claridges they treat there staff well. its a fun working environment as well. i've learnt new skills and you never stop learning there as well

Pros

free lunches, good benfits

Great Place to work

Its enjoyable, productive, fun and well managed. I have a great experiences working there. They are fair, honest and give path for development. highly recommend.

Pros

free lunch, staff rate

Cons

long hrs

Productive and fun workplace

working in CLaridge's as a five star Hotel for me i love it very much all the staff are being so friendly especially my co-worker my boss in my they are all easy to work with. The hardest part of my job i think is during busy period like in the month of December because everybody's busy. but i am enjoying working very much especially if all the guest enjoy themselves and happy as well.

Pros

free lunchess

Established 5 star hotel in London

Recruiting for the whole hotel across all departments.Complete end to end recruitment.

Pros

free dry cleaning, free meals on duty

well training

typical day is busy dayi learned how can i manage my work in a certain timemanagement is supportive in any other waymy co-workers are lovely and very easy to work withhardest part is when you have overload of the jobenjoyable part is when you finished the day and all job done

Pros

free meals and coffee break

Cons

busy time you can have late meals

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Claridges Hotel. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Claridges Hotel with

Claridges Hotel reviews by location

• Claridges Hotel
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?