Clarion Housing Group

Clarion Housing Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom121 reviews

organisationhousingtargetpoorseniorcolleaguerolesupport

Mean Girl Cliques

Recently started in training which is excellent. But there is a underlying Mean Girl Cliques culture, with a spiteful and duplicitous ring leader amongst my new colleagues which has unfortunately tainted my experience.

Pros

Work from home, hybrid working in lovely modern offices.

Cons

Micromanagement by supervisers

Stressful and undervalued

I found the place stressful and clicky. People were chosen for positions based on their relationship with certain managers and not on competence in the job.

Insights into Clarion Housing Group

Areas for improvement
  • Energising work tasks
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Sense of belonging

Brief stint working at Clarion

I met some nice people but my immediate management offered no support whilst I learned the job, I was very dissapointed and left swiftly and moved straight onto a role with lovely supportive people who made me feel like I was welcome and matter. I have confidence in myself and needed support to learn the new role it was evident I was not going to be supported so I left after 6 weeks, I was in a permanent role after temping for 3 years , I went back to Temping and still temp ! Working there was a head F#

Pros

Locality

Cons

No training

Nice people but terrible company

I wouldn’t recommend working here. The staff and customers are unhappy, the systems are complicated and there is little to no communication between teams. Feedback is never taken seriously and those in charge seem unwilling to listen to staff or make any changes to enhance the customers experience or the systems.

A worthy role

Management supporting and caring. Work load is ok. Lots if different tasks to complete. You do get to make a difference in the community and help people that otherwise could not help themselves

Pros

Great team

Cons

Normal

Management are terrible, you don’t see them that much and when you do they hardly listen to what you have to have to say.

Management are terrible, the pay is terrible but the hours are flexible. Team meeting takes place once a month, management are informed of all the problems and are written down, nothing gets done about it. Same problems keep recurring months later, in one ear out the other. Pay is atrocious.

Pros

Good working hours

Cons

Terrible pay

Challenging but rewarding

Have worked for the company for over 10 years in various capacities.The work is busy and challenging but rewarding and when you make a difference to someone's day even, it makes the job worthwhile!Work is extremely fast paced and busy but thats an environment I thrive upon.Managers are supportive and approachable. Targets are high but rewards are appropriate.

Bullying and poor many

Bullying culture poor and mismanagement management covers up for each other when complaints are raised. Changed from social housing to more about the income then Enhancing the tenants lives

Avoid

CEO is great and very supportive, however lots is masked from her. Terrible pay scales for the housing sector.Poor senior management, do not fully support workers and do not fully understand the role. Recruitment process is appalling, no support in role from senior managment and if you succeed all credit is taken from someone else. No benefits, and old fashioned office politics make this a poor place to work. Given a company vehicle that was unfit to be on the road and was held responsible for repairs/ maintenance etc. Absolutely shocking

Pros

Company vehicle

Cons

To many to list

Constant with no let up

It’s only when you leave training you realise what you have let yourself in for. Constantly on the phone with one minute breaks between calls. This is for the entire working day. Tenants are constantly being passed from pillar to post and it’s you they take their anger and frustration on. I would hate to be a Clarion tenant. The company is very focused on achieving a good Trustpilot review and in my opinion they should concentrate more on delivering to their tenants.

Pros

Some nice people in the company

Cons

It’s constant with no let up day after day and for the stress and the money it’s not worth it.

Loved it. Another local Housing association bought out their property stock otherwise I would still be there.Great staff and supportive management.

Brilliant place to work!

I absolutely love working for Clarion, definitely the best job I’ve ever had, the pay is decent for the hours, although it is a very challenging role, it can be extremely rewarding. Personally I find the team leaders and management very approachable and accommodating, especially as I suffer with poor mental health, this has been essential. They want to work with you for you to achieve your best, and for me have always put my physical and mental health needs first. I’m looked after by my team leader extremely well as well as other team leaders within the west malling team. I am treated fairly and no different from anyone else despite my difficulties and everyone is understanding and not patronising at all. The management within our office is excellent, and every member of staff is approachable and will always help you out if you get stuck!

Pros

lots of opportunities, cared for as an individual

Cons

fast-paced and no day is the same.

Horrible company

Worst company in the world, you are made to feel worthless, you are lied to all the time, money is poor and they have a take it or leave it attitude, because they are the biggest they think they are the best, trust me better is out there

I really enjoyed my time at Clarion. I had a great group in the marketing team, always supportive and fantastic management. They were very supportive during the Covid lockdown and the company takes safety extremely seriously. Overall it's a great place to work.

Pros

Bonus

Nice place to work

A good organisational, staff morale is very good, good management structure and culture, flexibility of work and motivation friendly management staff

Pros

Yes fruit provided weekly

Horrible

Horrible management who don’t Care about the team no chance of development. You are targeted for things that are out of your control and micro managed. Managers and team leaders don’t see you as a human and just another number who will help them reach their own target

Restrictive

Would not recommend them to my worse enemies. Management are awful no thought for employees welfare or self esteem. Unrealistic targets and STATS STATS STATS driven horrible

Company has lost focus & no longer puts customers first

I'm disappointed to write this review as I joined the organisation before they became Clarion when things were better. Staff took ownership and responsibility, customers came first and staff were treated fairly.Sadly, since the merger there has been a huge culture shift and it's very much a case of whether or not your face fits or you have a friend in management. People are promoted because of who they know and not what they know. Training is inadequate and people are left to muddle through themselves. The high turnover of staff has not been enough to alert senior executives to the fact there is an issue. Management do not always support staff and often give conflicting information. There is no cover for leave so your work waits and piles up while you're off - there is simply not enough staff. There is an inadequacy of pay - people in teams doing the same job are not paid according to performance or experience and many are not rewarded fairly for the job that they do / risks involved. Persons with less responsibility and ownership are often paid more than those in complex roles with extra responsibility. The system that was implemented some 3 years ago now is not user friendly and not fit for purpose. Staff are encouraged to work in ways that hide work backlogs and service level agreement failures. The only positive is that there are some amazing people employed by the company despite being undervalued and they work tirelessly to help others. If it were not for the support of my colleagues, I would've left a long time ago.

Pros

Benefit scheme called additions where you can choose benefits such as Health Cash Plan, gym membership etc.

Cons

Poor management, feeling undervalued & overworked due to lack of resources

Committed organisation

Great place to work. Generous salary, good leave entitlement and pension. Are committed to providing housing services to all tenures. Building new homes. Subscribe to Diversity and inclusion.

Pros

Performance bonuses

Poor management and lazy staff

It's not what you know it's who you know if you want advancement. Very incestuous environment to work in. Junior managers have no idea how to manage and motivate. Hand out disciplinaries like confetti. Poor and vague policies that are manipulated to suit the occasion. Appears to be a culture where senior managers are the puppeteers pulling the strings of lesser puppets who have no idea how to think for themselves. Service to residents is poor with statistics massaged to look healthy. Clarion is corporately Narssistic constantly seeking adulation and recognition which is not won or deserved.

Pros

Annual bonus for many

Cons

Admitting you work for Clarion

Clueless management

Blame culture, back stabbing, fall-guy. I did not enjoy working at this organisation, because the managers were lazy and did not take responsibility, when things go wrong it was very much passing blame on a targeted individual. From the chief executive down, fake people.

Pros

Free fruit twice a week

Cons

Lack of communication & involvement decision making

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clarion Housing Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Clarion Housing Group with

Learn about Clarion Housing Group in popular locations

• Clarion Housing Group
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?