Clarks

United Kingdom1,122 reviews

Found 1,122 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,681 reviews
shoetargetwhilstlovelypairstockmeasuringfitting

Lovely staff, Extremely Mediocre Upper Management

The company I generally feel doesn't care about staff or what amazing staff in particular provide. You could have 20 amazing reviews within a month and feel like your hard work and effort amounts to nothing but numbers and sales for the company. Rarely do I feel truly appreciated for the work I have personally had to do. The only plus is the lovely staff.

Horrible management

I worked within Clark’s for about 4 months and it was the worst experience of my life. Management said they were there if you needed but they were not. You were constantly compared against other employees. I worked 10 hour shifts with no breaks. We used to get shouted out if we took too long in the stock room even though there was no shoes to chose from so we had to take longer. I would never go back to working here.

Insights into Clarks

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energising work tasks
  • Support from manager

good salary managers lack communication

the salary is decent but management lacks communication which makes easy tasks a struggle. you get told to do something by one manager and the other tells you off for doing it. they only employ inexperienced children and then complain when we don’t perform as well, they also forget that ont eh days we don’t work most of us are in education.

Great job

Fab. Great job never worked anywhere better. They're all amazing at what they do, excellent managers team and above. Nobody is better. Thoroughly enjoyed my time there.

It was ok but no place for growth

I worked there part time when I was in sixth form. It was okay but no place for growth. Can be very stressful at times but overall it was an okay experience. I wouldn’t recommend working here if you want to work your way up.

Horrible company

I worked at clarks for 2 months. The management knew i struggled with multiple mental illnesses and definitely judged me for it. I was only 17 at the time and coming to grips with it all. All they care about is sales not their staff! I was fired with the reasoning “you’re just not confident are you sweetheart” this really knocked my confidence to an all time low. The pay is shocking. All over just a terrible company.

Not bad to balance your life style, hourly pay minimum.

A happy and relaxed environment, team members are super nice. Company has good holiday pay and pension, just minimum wage. Flexible working time. Three pair of free working shoes annually from your store.

Pros

Nice environment and flexible working time

Cons

Minimum wage.

Productive and satisfying workplace

They give great training and the support from managers and other staff ensures you really know what you’re doing. Individual targets are very important though, and often not achieving them - especially in a smaller store - can be discouraging. Management aren’t particularly sensitive to or understanding of the difficulties of specific customer interactions.

Pros

Excellent training, support from management, feedback

Cons

Individual sales targets, shaming over performance, lots of pressure

Not fun working environment

Very stressful and delayed would not rem come to working here .mangers are very clincky . And staff are not trained properly. Left working log hours not breaded. .

Nice place to work

Very active job, requires you to make a lot of conversation with customers and create a rapport. Lovely management and quite flexible. Other colleagues were also nice

Management are good

Management are always polite and will try their hardest to adjust to your flexibility. Unlike most managers in retail, clarks understand that targets cannot always be achieved each day (given the pandemic and inflation) and will try to motivate you every hour of every day. Grateful for my time here.

Pros

Great hourly pay

Cons

Not enough hours

Not too bad for part time

can be difficult depending on position but for part time its decent pay has increased so it isnt that bad anymoreenvironment dependant on management and its may not always be ncie

Fun, relaxed workplace

Worked at clarks for nearly 3 years whilst at uni and I had the best time. Management were great and colleagues were even better. The job itself can be stressful when busy but its all part of the job.

Clicky, sales driven, negative work environment

There is no consistency to the training or the way in which your shift will go depending on which colleague(s) you’re working with. Poorly run, lack of in-depth, individual training and staff are rude to colleagues and customers. Manipulate information relayed to customers to hit internal sales targets.

Great team work

Supportive team. Healthy , fun work environment. Management was patient and considerate. The working hours were short, role is ideal for students or as second job

Pros

free pair of shoes

it’s okay

The job is quite rewarding and fun to work with young kids, colleagues are lovely and welcoming, free work shoes are a bonusThe targets are just stressful and unneeded as these kpis are something almost out-with our control and just based on how many people come in and how much they want to spend

Pros

free shoes, good salary for under 20s, lovely colleagues

Cons

bad management, unfair targets

Join if you like cliques

The job isnt hard but the the management will pester and hound you to reach unattainable kpi's. More of a " if your face fits company". The management are a bunch of kids who think theyre bigman. But big man nuh work ina shoeshop

Pros

Free shoes every quarter

Cons

Useless managers, never any structure with shifts

Like a family, such a lovely place to work.

Only left due to promotion/ better hours else where. Other than that it was extremely difficult to leave the company. The team at wwx are so kind and understandings Clarks will forever be my second home. It taught me everything I know now and everything I am taking into my new career!

Good retail job

Good for sales assistants - teams are good at giving flexibility with swapping shiftsWork life balance disappears when you're in management - expected to do too much with no time or help

Not great

Not great. Bad environment, management and atmosphere. Minimum wage job with lots of targets, only achievable depending on how busy the day is. Lots of negativity from management.

It is okay for students

The busiest time is August and start of September. It is good for students and if you only want to work 20 hours a week. Pay used to be better per hour now it is what age you are. It is retail so don’t expect it to be perfect all the time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clarks. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement