CLC Contractors Limited

Working at CLC Contractors Limited: 14 Reviews

United Kingdom14 reviews

CLC not to be recommended

Very much doubt i'd work for clc again, no proper management in place and no real expectations to move jobs forward. Everything about them is amateurish in arranging for clean up of properties.

Avoid and save your self some grief .

This could have been a really nice job if the supervisors knew what they were talking about and were only interested in looking after themselves.Overtime was always promised to be payed but never was, you just got fobbed off and was promised to be payed the next week which never happened. Jobs were all over the country even though was only supposed to be in the local area (South East).All in all not a good place to work, well at least the Dartford office wasn't.

Pros

Nice van.

Cons

Long hours and ridiculous mileage!

Insights into CLC Contractors Limited

What people like
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues

Poor

Not a good place to work because of poor management and very low pay and the standard of work was low because of the people that are working there and

Pros

Poor money

Cons

Don't work there

Good company to work for

I enjoyed my time at clc they where a fair company to work for and met a lot of new things and learned a lot of new things there was always chance to improve and progress

Rude and unfriendly

Was walked around the site in a group interview, was then interviewed individually. I disagree with how this interview was conducted as from the start the manager said they don’t want to hire ‘younger people’ as they’re just not ‘reliable’. To then be asked if I can just cover for people who are sick or away when shifts start at 5am so would have only hours notice. Honestly disgusted with how bias and rude this man was and he is meant to be a manager

Clc

Worked for clc for awhile fantastic company to work for flexible hours n days great pay and always on time addressed any concerns I had on site n met with solutions

Fun Place To Work

A typical day at work would involve cleaning a local public house learning all aspects to wiping down lamp shades to cleaning a bar. I think only hardest part of working with this company was the early morning starts. Some of the staff wasn't very friendly but I understand you get that in most job roles. I think the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and just been on the go there is no lazing about just go there was alaways something to do which I enjoy.

Pros

Discount at the work place

Cons

Very early morning start

Lack basic workers welfare facilities

Turned at the job and asked where the toilet was ? Was told there is no toilet of any kind on the job ! A basic human requirement to have at least a portaloo but nothing. I was told to go to a local cafe to use theirs,but there was no prior agreement with the cafe to do this.

Time Schedule

CLC at the time were a successful company with huge contracts and small deadlines. CLC gave me a good insight into running a company, dealing with customers and organising materials. The hardest part of the job would either be working in someones untidy home or dealing with a untidy person.

Pros

less stress

Friendly place to work

I have worked for clc a year now as a school cleaning supervisor Management are great very approachable and always available We always have stock orders on time and I feel.we're well looked after. The staff at the school are lovely and the cleaning team are quite good too. Only downside is wages minimum wage . the job is hard in a very warm school all year round

Pros

Good management

Cons

poor wages

Was an alright company to work for just a lack of organisation.

Clc was and alright company to work for when I was there. There was a few down to the company such if u worked past your hours you wouldn't get paid overtime. And it was quite in organised but the work was easy enough and pay was okay ish

Pros

Work van

Cons

No overtime paid or not appreciated

Good

This is a lovely company to work for they will empathise with any home prpblems they give excellent training only bad things is the pay is not very good.

work

they are a good firm to work for. They do all diffrent jobs in side and out. I have enjoyed working for them. I have liked all the people i work with.WE work all over the west country, inside and out.

Pros

good people

Cons

working in interesting peoples homes

I would be ripping out or fitting bathrooms. I learn more about how to work with and around people with all types of backrounds. management were very understanding, and willing to provide. co-workers were easy to work with and good to learn from and teach to. hardest part of job was working in small hot conditions. enjoyable part of job was meeting new friends and being showed appreciation for the complete jobs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CLC Contractors Limited. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement