Clear Links Support
View all Clear Links Support reviews

Clear Links Support

Clear Links Support Employee Review

Flexible Working Hours

This job suited me very well as a PhD student as the hours were flexible and it was easy to pick up an extra session when I needed to. The pay is good although as it is a job that pays by the hour there is no opportunity to develop this position into a full-time career. I enjoyed learning new things from the lectures and seminars I attended. The only downside is when you have an unreliable student, but ClearLinks are very good about letting you know what to do in these situations.

2.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Great agency to work for, friendly & professional

Lots of variety and a very interesting job. The most rewarding aspect is being able to support students to reach their potential in higher education.

Pros

Supporting students to reach their potential

Cons

Zero contract hours
Same role

Fun but never enough hours.

Work can be very interesting and enjoyable if you're good at the job, but there is never enough work. Hours vary dramatically, so you never know how much you will earn from week to week. If you are dependent on one student for the bulk of your hours and they get sick for two weeks, you will lose two weeks pay. On top of this, lectures are frequently cancelled, and students are only taught for around 5 months of the year. Hourly pay is good, but it doesn't make up for the scant hours and lack of job security.

Pros

Notetaking in interesting lectures. Pleasant environment.

Cons

Not enough hours. Lack of job security.

Best Job Of My Life

Excellent job environment where nobody is always looking over your shoulder making you feel uneasy or under pressure. You can choose your own working hours so it is a very flexible place to work where you do not have much worries about home-work life balance. I wish I could work here forever, however, government funding took away a dream job from me after they made major funding cuts for disabled students.

Pros

Very Flexible

Cons

Working Hours Dependant On Government Funding

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clear Links Support. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.6