Clear Links Support

Clear Links Support Job security & advancement reviews

United Kingdom14 reviews

Clear
2.9Job security & advancement

Great agency to work for, friendly & professional

Lots of variety and a very interesting job. The most rewarding aspect is being able to support students to reach their potential in higher education.

Pros

Supporting students to reach their potential

Cons

Zero contract hours

Excellent place to work

I really enjoyed my time supporting students. It was very laid back good partime work. Only problem is the position is no consistent. Relied on students being in class

Insights into Clear Links Support

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility

Fun but never enough hours.

Work can be very interesting and enjoyable if you're good at the job, but there is never enough work. Hours vary dramatically, so you never know how much you will earn from week to week. If you are dependent on one student for the bulk of your hours and they get sick for two weeks, you will lose two weeks pay. On top of this, lectures are frequently cancelled, and students are only taught for around 5 months of the year. Hourly pay is good, but it doesn't make up for the scant hours and lack of job security.

Pros

Notetaking in interesting lectures. Pleasant environment.

Cons

Not enough hours. Lack of job security.

Flexible Working Hours

This job suited me very well as a PhD student as the hours were flexible and it was easy to pick up an extra session when I needed to. The pay is good although as it is a job that pays by the hour there is no opportunity to develop this position into a full-time career. I enjoyed learning new things from the lectures and seminars I attended. The only downside is when you have an unreliable student, but ClearLinks are very good about letting you know what to do in these situations.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clear Links Support. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Clear Links Support with

Learn about Clear Links Support in popular locations

• Clear Links Support
  • Job security & advancement
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?