Cleshar Contract Services

Working at Cleshar Contract Services: Latest Cleshar Contract Services Reviews

United Kingdom41 reviews

hourcompanygoodpayworkingjobworkpeople

Always busy and sometimes it could be challenging

Cleshar is really a fun place to work and everyone is friendly. I have been given alot of opportunities to gain more tickets and delevlop. I was so happy to that they paid for my training and never asked me to pay for my PPE.

Rubbish

Started in 2009 on a decent salary then they brought pay stream in my money would be different each pay day even though I’d do the same days work. So was unsure where the other money was going. Not a great company to work for.

Insights into Cleshar Contract Services

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job
  • Energising work tasks

Other areas seem ok but track workers are treated with contempt at best

After 11 years of watching my pay and conditions decline and experiencing the utter contempt for track workers I wouldn't suggest working here other than to just get experience and tickets and then move on.

Pros

Its marginally better than jobseekers allowance

Cons

My fingers would get tired typing them all out

Good job prospects.

Pvery good career path as there are so many job opportunities at all levels. From brick laying, I to rail trackman, and to management. Once you have taken the necessary test and training and gain your PTS card you can start work day or nights.

Positive

Friendly, collaborative working atmosphere. This company has good pay in relation to the work which is assigned during the hours worked which are usually evenings / nights and weekends.

Poor management, office staff don't know nothing

I would not work for this company they promise you everything you want to hear then make it up as they go along. Even if you work your ur guys off, me and my gang made them a few new contracts and kept on

Pros

None what so ever

Cons

Just that is cleshar, capper than Doyen rail

the interview was quite relaxed due to having worked here previously, good tean around me.

Cleshar was a good company to work for, although a heavy workload my team were efficient and the end results were always within time and budget. I had a varied work bank to deal with and clients included network Rail & TFL.

The work environment is great if you need help your colleagues are there to help you. I have learnt a lot about my job and I have confidence in working at the company.

Not worth it

I wouldn't even waste ur time getting work with these two faced idiots at cleshar rail. They don't look after the people that make this company work they promise u things then throughbit back in ur face. I would rather work for my old company that is worst but at least u could know when they lie. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME OR ENERGY ON THIS COMPANY THEY ARE rubbish rubbmoneyMMONEY

Pros

No pros at all

Cons

Too many to name but few. Have to pay high prizes for the training the offer. Wages are rubbish .

Decent place to start on the railway and build a career

Very good people and very good opportunities with various work choices and an enjoyable start to a career on the railway where you can go into ETM, TM Or higher provided the compencies

Pros

Good people

hard work

it's hard work and the early mornings starting at midnight just ain't working for me as I have a young baby and trying to balance my life with work just aint working for me

Dirty Environment

The job is difficult, you're physically lifting & dropping off tons of iron for about 5 hours after midnight, various sites are underground in tunnels, so, it can become dirty & stuffy in a hurry. It's hard work in filth.

Pros

N/a

Cons

Hard Labour, Minimal Salary

Not the best to work for

Your just a number to them, doesn't matter how long you work there or how hard you work! I was there many years classed of the lads as a favourite and they treat the lads poorly!

Cons

Skill learning and engaging.

You basicly learn a new job, from zero and get better and more skilled with every job, task and ticket you get. The oportunities are unlimited and the job is constantly changing.

Cleshar is not a bad company but the pay is very low

Cleshar is a good place to start of if you want to get experience on the track.. but alot of people leave cause of the pay Is very low.. you get 80 pound a shift

Pros

No free luches

ok to work for

ok company to work for the pay could be better...and not knowing if you have a secured job theres never any information giving out until its to late and its a zero hour contract

poor

i wouldn't know where to start with this company, been there for 2 years and didn't have chance of moving up the company even when i worked my socks off

Okay

Nice people to work with and a nice atmosphere. Only done work experience here so didnt get to see what it is like to properly work with them but it was a nice clean area to work in.

Pros

Nice people

productive

was a good learning experience, made good friends and learned a lot about working as part of a team. would get to work at midnight and leave at 5am the latest

Average

Average company to work for, been there over a year or so and they've helped me grow. HR are not good at communicating but overall a good experience.

Productive and fun workplace

I worked on current projects, and tenders, visited site offices, meetings with project management and quantity surveyors. I trained up two young planners (one new to planning) and showed them how to set-up WBS and gather information to set up a schedule.

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere

Cons

Not enough work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cleshar Contract Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement