Clifton Photographic Company

Clifton Photographic Company Employee Reviews

A lot of this does not apply to me because I was freelance and did not even work in the actual studio, but instead I was a salesperson at their promotion stand Cribbs. All the staff I worked with were extremely friendly and very helpful. Pay is also very generous if you can get sales and leads
Clifton Photographic is a great company for a family like environment with work that will keep you busy but that is enjoyable and offers the potential to be very financially rewarding. There are various departments from sales and marketing to the creatives such as Make Up Artists and of course the Photographers, and the company will always help to play you to your strengths. As a freelancer, work is flexible around other work and family commitments however does mean that work isn’t guaranteed (which is the nature of freelance work in general). However, any new openings in the company will always consider existing team members first. Highly recommend.
Pros
Uncapped Bonus/Commission, Flexible, Rewarding, Great Social Aspect (lots of team building events), Enjoyable.
Cons
Work is dependant on what’s available so not guaranteed for freelancers.
Worked in the promotions and sale team for about 16mths and finally left early this year to get full time work. Although never made the big bucks, some if not most of the staff on the promotions team were earning £25 plus per hr. work life balance is fantastic and I still managed to earn well and save well. I would recommend this job to those that can sell, work hard and are very focused.
Pros
Great pay and work life balance .
Cons
Early 9am starts
I worked at this lovely and personable studio for over 5 years. In the end we lived to London but I would have stayed a lot longer with Clifton. I worked in a few of their departments and was always treated well and with respect. They do demand, getting onboard with customer service and hard work but the pay and trust they place in you are great reward. I worked in marketing, sales, viewings and management. Great place to work.
Pros
Team spirit, creativity, pay, and relaxed
Cons
I had to leave
Worked in the sales side of the company straight from through A levels and onto University. I worked my way up through the ranks of the promotions team and finally left 4 years later having managed both promotions teams individually and together. The work was always flexible and well paid so long as you are focused and learn to sell. A good company to work for withbfair management
Pros
A great place to earn, learn and become management. Friendly small company that wants to succeed.
Cons
The position is freelance so no sick pay but otherwise pay is good
I joined the team having some sales experience. By the end my knowledge and marketing trying had taken me many levels above. good team work, great pay and flexible days and hours
Pros
great hours and pay
Cons
not many. you get out what you put in.
excellent experience over 4 years within the family photography department. took my level of photography to the next level, editing and sales were perfected. great people and company
Pros
most things
Cons
just the usual, bad team members that can't handle the pace
Worked here for 2 years, great hours and shifts great pay that suited my life style. The company is small but good to work for and will teach you a lot that you can take forward in life.
Pros
pay and hours
Cons
didnt mingle enough with other team members
Worked for the portrait studio for well over 6 years, happy days, small yet well organized photography studio. Really care about having a good vibe about the place. Many staff stay a long time and return to work there again.
Pros
happy vibe and yo uwill learn a lot
Cons
would have loved more money and I would have stayed
I worked in the telesales team for over 2 years and loved every second of it. The team are great and the role iis fun and challenging. If you work hard and stick at it you can earn a great pay check and the management were always there to help me. Highly recommend.
Pros
Great team, management, good pay
Pros
Cons
The position is freelance so no sick pay but otherwise pay is good
I left the company earlier this year after nearly two years with the company. I was elevated to senior position when i left. The shifts, hours and days were good and generally you can pick where and when you work. The studio is creative and staff lovely If you are looking to work hard and can be flexible with shifts and locations, this is a great job for you.
Pros
Lifestyle
Cons
loong Journeys to work but compensated by short hours
I worked her in the studio and on promotions, so sales is my thing. The work is hard and sometimes stressful but it’s good honest, flexible days and hours and very good pay. The people working there are mostly wonderful.
Pros
Rates of pay, hours and the team
Cons
Some stress but same everywhere else.
This is a high presure, customer facing role that whilst often tough, is ultimately very rewarding. I learnt skills there that I can apply to both my future employment roles, and my personal life.
Pros
Flexible Hours, uncapped earning potential
Excellent, personal, small company to work for with great results. Lovely staff and office environment realistic targets and excellent customer service.
Pros
flexible hours
Good pay if you are good and great for students as can pick shifts. Good training required however a bit more patience with new employees may be a good thing
Pay isn't as good as it's made out, it's hard work and completely crushes your soul. You have to be so pushy and unnatural, everyone looks at you like you're scum. Unreliable, unstable. Also have to pay £100 retainer which is ridiculous. Received no training which was promised and got left to it. Slimy company. They hire anyone, they just want bodies. Constantly hiring because people are constantly leaving.
Cons
all of it
I really enjoyed working here as I made some good friends and liked working as a team. We also built up good rapport with some of our customers and I enjoyed the feeling at the end when you have made a sale and the customers have had a lovely time. In a normal day we would call at least 80 people, depending on how long each phone call lasted, and normally book about 4 people on average into the studio for their photo shoot. The hardest part of the job was to convince the customers to sign up and book in. A lot of people were either very nervous, or worried about the overall cost so we had to go through all the details thoroughly.
Pros
Team Lunch if hit bonuses, Friendly staff, upbeat place to work
A low turnover of staff is usually indicative of a good working environment, and this is certainly true here. A diverse workplace which has elements of production, creativity, sales and administration. There is a very friendly and helpful management team from the top down, who are always on hand to advance your skill set.
A small independent photographic company in Bristol, arranging family and individual makeovers and photo-shoots. Pets were also allowed. We looked to give customers and experience with something they can keep for a lifetime.Cusomer care, organisation, good phone manner and manners were all essential.