Clifton Photographic Company

Clifton Photographic Company Employee Reviews in Bristol

Bristol17 reviews

Great Team! Lovely Company and Decent Rewards.

Clifton Photographic is a great company for a family like environment with work that will keep you busy but that is enjoyable and offers the potential to be very financially rewarding. There are various departments from sales and marketing to the creatives such as Make Up Artists and of course the Photographers, and the company will always help to play you to your strengths. As a freelancer, work is flexible around other work and family commitments however does mean that work isn’t guaranteed (which is the nature of freelance work in general). However, any new openings in the company will always consider existing team members first. Highly recommend.

Pros

Uncapped Bonus/Commission, Flexible, Rewarding, Great Social Aspect (lots of team building events), Enjoyable.

Cons

Work is dependant on what’s available so not guaranteed for freelancers.

Lovely people, not so lovely job

You meet absolute friends for life at CPC, people that you know you never want to lose touch with. But that’s about all that is good about the place. Management and the directors don’t care about their teams or their employees, only care about the targets and money. You feel like you are scamming your clients constantly, as a lot of the practices aren’t really ethical, and having to explain terms and conditions that you personally don’t agree with to potential customers is really mentally draining. You get absolutely dragged if you don’t hit your targets, which is fair enough, but during a pandemic there is no understanding that these are going to be hard to hit, and it’s very much a lot of pressure from higher up day in day out. A lot of pressure for minimum wage..

Pros

Generally great people and culture

Cons

Poor management Money oriented directors Feels like a scam

Promotions team

Worked in the promotions and sale team for about 16mths and finally left early this year to get full time work. Although never made the big bucks, some if not most of the staff on the promotions team were earning £25 plus per hr. work life balance is fantastic and I still managed to earn well and save well. I would recommend this job to those that can sell, work hard and are very focused.

Pros

Great pay and work life balance .

Cons

Early 9am starts

marketing team

I joined the team having some sales experience. By the end my knowledge and marketing trying had taken me many levels above. good team work, great pay and flexible days and hours

Pros

great hours and pay

Cons

not many. you get out what you put in.

family photographer

excellent experience over 4 years within the family photography department. took my level of photography to the next level, editing and sales were perfected. great people and company

Pros

most things

Cons

just the usual, bad team members that can't handle the pace

sales team

Worked here for 2 years, great hours and shifts great pay that suited my life style. The company is small but good to work for and will teach you a lot that you can take forward in life.

Pros

pay and hours

Cons

didnt mingle enough with other team members

Excellent Job, Great pay and flexible hours

I worked in the telesales team for over 2 years and loved every second of it. The team are great and the role iis fun and challenging. If you work hard and stick at it you can earn a great pay check and the management were always there to help me. Highly recommend.

Pros

Great team, management, good pay

Cons

flexible shifts and good pay

I left the company earlier this year after nearly two years with the company. I was elevated to senior position when i left. The shifts, hours and days were good and generally you can pick where and when you work. The studio is creative and staff lovely If you are looking to work hard and can be flexible with shifts and locations, this is a great job for you.

Pros

Lifestyle

Cons

loong Journeys to work but compensated by short hours

God creative small company with good pay

I worked her in the studio and on promotions, so sales is my thing. The work is hard and sometimes stressful but it’s good honest, flexible days and hours and very good pay. The people working there are mostly wonderful.

Pros

Rates of pay, hours and the team

Cons

Some stress but same everywhere else.

Hard work, but worthwhile

This is a high presure, customer facing role that whilst often tough, is ultimately very rewarding. I learnt skills there that I can apply to both my future employment roles, and my personal life.

Pros

Flexible Hours, uncapped earning potential

Enjoyable company to work for good Team work.

Excellent, personal, small company to work for with great results. Lovely staff and office environment realistic targets and excellent customer service.

Pros

flexible hours

Good for flexible workers

Good pay if you are good and great for students as can pick shifts. Good training required however a bit more patience with new employees may be a good thing

Misldeading, waste of time.

Pay isn't as good as it's made out, it's hard work and completely crushes your soul. You have to be so pushy and unnatural, everyone looks at you like you're scum. Unreliable, unstable. Also have to pay £100 retainer which is ridiculous. Received no training which was promised and got left to it. Slimy company. They hire anyone, they just want bodies. Constantly hiring because people are constantly leaving.

Cons

all of it

Nice, laid back team with good work ethic

I really enjoyed working here as I made some good friends and liked working as a team. We also built up good rapport with some of our customers and I enjoyed the feeling at the end when you have made a sale and the customers have had a lovely time. In a normal day we would call at least 80 people, depending on how long each phone call lasted, and normally book about 4 people on average into the studio for their photo shoot. The hardest part of the job was to convince the customers to sign up and book in. A lot of people were either very nervous, or worried about the overall cost so we had to go through all the details thoroughly.

Pros

Team Lunch if hit bonuses, Friendly staff, upbeat place to work

A target driven yet creative and friendly environment

A low turnover of staff is usually indicative of a good working environment, and this is certainly true here. A diverse workplace which has elements of production, creativity, sales and administration. There is a very friendly and helpful management team from the top down, who are always on hand to advance your skill set.

Enjoyable but hardworking team enviroment

A small independent photographic company in Bristol, arranging family and individual makeovers and photo-shoots. Pets were also allowed. We looked to give customers and experience with something they can keep for a lifetime.Cusomer care, organisation, good phone manner and manners were all essential.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clifton Photographic Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9Job security/advancement

Clifton Photographic Company Reviews by Location

• Clifton Photographic Company
  • Bristol
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?