Clintons

Sales Assistant94 reviews
United Kingdom94 reviews

tilllovelychristmascardshopvalentinetargettidy

Fast paced workplace

It was a good place to work at but there was barely any training given. No sense of team work. Everyone was doing their own thing, they didn’t really bother talking to new people

Pros

Good hours

Cons

Bad management

It was okay

I only worked as a seasonal sales assistant the managers were great however I did only say I could work a certain amount of hours a week but I wasn’t listened to

Insights into Clintons

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Energising work tasks

Easy and fun.

Really nice place to work. See lots of different people and lots of temps during peak times of the year. Really nice feel to the place and the customers are no trouble. Very calm and nice atmosphere.

Pros

Hour lunch if there for full day shift

Cons

Career progression is not really there.

Poor management

Awful hours and awful pay. Management didn’t care about majority of staff except from their family. Made to feel like an outcast. Also really slowly paced, sometimes would be stood for hours with nothing to do.

Fun place to work

I enjoyed my 4 years at Clinton’s, my team were really nice and my manager too. Really chilled back whilst doing the work! Staff discount was really helpful.

Pros

Staff discount Flexible shifts

Cons

Salary, Break not long enough, Not enough shifts

Decent job

Decent job for students but nothing amazing pay is minimum and the staff were nice to me but as it is small you can’t really have time off without weeks advance

Friendly environment

Colleagues were friendly and helpful.Good working environment.Could get busy at Christmas, valentines etc.Always something to do in store as cards were constantly needing to be tidied.

Not bad

Laid back and easy going. My manager was very a kind woman and the other staff were helpful and friendly. Shop gets very busy at Christmas time but it is manageable.

Pros

Nice environment

Cons

Low pay

Amazing place to work

As a disabled person I struggled finding jobs that fit me well but the management at the Clinton's I work at is beyond amazing and very thoughtful! I feel very included and the workload is never piled on top of you. It's a great part time job for students as well as a full time job too. There is some lovely customers too and getting to be creative with the balloons is also a big plus. There is set places for things so it's very easy to put things back and have some organisation

Pros

Amazing management, breaks, lovely customers

Cons

Minimum wage but other then that none.

easy work but not the best organised company

love working here because its the easiest part time work ive done, but i cant see my payslips, am constantly paid incorrectly and HR/payroll do not respond.

Had nothing to do all day/stuck on till for hours

It wasn't a horrible job but if you're someone who needs constant jobs like me then it's definitely not for you, i was left at the till most shifts doing nothing with the occasional unpacking job and when i asked i was told to clean the store front which i could get done in about 15 minutes. The days went slow and it wasn't worth it for the pay.

Pros

40% discount

Cons

Slow days / nothing to do

fun workplace

Very Fast paced. management was very nice and welcoming along with the staff that was already working there. the hardest part of the job is the unloading of deliveries. the most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers with there purchase!

Pros

a break

Horrendous

I have nothing positive to say about this company. Nothing. I hate them so much, in fact, that I'm going to sit here and list every terrible thing I can think of until either I get bored or my fingers go numb. They are so evil that I wouldn't be surprised, quite frankly, if they contacted my old store and tried to find out who I was. - Regional management are bullies. They made me cry, they made five of my coworkers cry (including my manager!!), and look at and talk to you like you're dirt off their shoe. They don't care about you, they care about targets, they care about money. Absolutely horrible people. Cruel. - My manager was in pieces from stress. The amount of weight she lost and the number of times I saw her cry was shocking - more than once she told me she was there so late she told me she was considering sleeping in the stockroom because going home and coming back in would be almost pointless at that point. - In my first week my first manager scolded me in front of a customer and made me cry on the shop floor, then pulled me out the back and yelled at me for......... crying in front of customers. - Yes, we went through four managers in three years. Five if you include the 6-month gap where we didn't have one at all and our deputy manager had to fill the role. - I was also told to leave my chronic health problems 'at the door.' By a member of management. - Management in general getting in fights. There was a bit of a rift between two members of management at the time and they often had screaming matches so loud you could hear them from the shop floor - and this -

Horrible Experience

Management are bullies. The store manager and area manager specifically. They ignore your concerns and troubles. They don't care about you and treat you like machines. HR was not helpful either.

Lovely place to work.

Lovely team and made me feel very welcome. I was only christmas cover but enjoyed working there. I still pop in when I can as everyone was so nice. I wouldn't hesitate to work there again if they had a vacancy.

A decent Christmas temporary job

This was a decent full time job over the course of the Christmas holidays which paid off a fair share of my bills. However, the time and hours were very stressful and not flexible at all

Depends on the season

During the Christmas period and other different seasons it can be very stressful. However, team members are very friendly and always come together as a team.

Please read before considering...

First of all they will not tell you that you get paid for 3 weeks at a time. I was expecting X amount and I didn’t even get paid for that. It’s alright. Just tiring, stressful and as I worked in the city centre it is expected to be fast paced, you are expected to be carrying extremely heavy boxes of cards. Management was alright. Just a bit rude and lack of insight on what we need to know. When I was expected to be paid they didn’t tell me I missed the cut of date. Thus maki g me not get my money. I won’t be getting fully paid until the end of January and I finished my seasonal on the 24th of December and I had been working there since November. Be careful!!!

good experience workplace

Working at clintons allows you to learn how to work in a fast paced, seasonal environment. It has given me a lot of experience involving customer service.

Avoid avoid avoid

I only worked here for about 2 weeks and I would describe it as an AWFUL experience. Management are disorganised, unhelpful, bossy, and plain rude. Moaned at for silly little things and expected to stay on the till for most of the shift as no one else wants to do it! Minimum wage, zero hour contract, and absolutely no career prospects whatsoever. I wish I'd never worked there. Avoid this company at all costs.

Good working environment

A typical day includes, Organising the cards ensuring all cards are in the correct place and neatly displayed as well as helping customers as they need and working on the tills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clintons. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement