Clintons
Happiness score is 42 out of 100

Clintons Employee Reviews for Seasonal Associate

Seasonal Associate18 reviews
United Kingdom18 reviews

It wasn’t a good place to work in

They didn’t teach you the right stuff when you got in and weren’t communicating at all and the salary was rubbish, was always underestimated and was always left on tills

Cons

Salary No communication

Just a Seasonal Temporary Job

I was a seasonal temporary Christmas worker at Clinton’s. The interview was one on one with the manager which was straightforward. I was only ever trained to use the tills and was never trained to help out on the shop floor itself with stock or anything like that. Never really felt appreciated for efforts as your expected to hit targets by upselling products at the till point, which can be difficult at times when your shifts are at quieter store times, besides you can not make customers purchase products they really don’t want/need, some customers would hate being asked this. Unfortunately, I didn’t really feel valued as a person, felt more like a statistic in their sales targets. However, I did meet some really lovely customers which were understanding & respectful when trying to sell additional products at the till point. Fortunately, the working hours were good as they were understanding with the distance I had to travel with early morning rush hour traffic.

Pros

Staff discount. Working hours within store trading time. Friendly customers.

Cons

Minimum wage. Sales Targets. Zero hour contract.

Insights into Clintons

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Energising work tasks

Amazing place to work

Worked there as a christmas temp and everyone was so friendly. Picked up the till easy and they were always there to help if i need it! Highly recommended clinton’s for anyone’s first job.

Pros

Friendly Staff

Worst time of my life

Management was a mess. Duties and organisation of shop floor was awful. They don't care about individual qualities they treat you like a dogs body and assume you can do anything and everything. It's brain dead work, tills were ancient, casual chat was fround apon, basically can't talk to management cause they're always "busy". I've had 6 jobs now Clinton's being top tier worst I've ever had and I was only a Christmas Temp.

favourite place

This is by far the best place I have worked, the people are lovely as long as you do your job good and I enjoyed it, its sad that I only worked there for a short amount of time

Pros

people

Cons

short term

Badly treated

I was given a 0 hours contract and very little training. All of my shifts consisted of just being on the checkout for 4-5 hours, with a bit of tidying inbetween. Then after only 18 days I was let go (just before Christmas), told that I hadn't fitted in with the team and I had made a few mistakes on the checkout. The team were friendly people but all in all I felt unfairly treated.

productive

a typical day at work is steady and it also is very hard working , thee manager is very lovely and understanding and she is also very help full with everything, they work place is very good and you get to help a lot of new customers and you also get to help them every day.The most enjoable part of the job is that you have a good team and hard workers and also the manager is amazing.

Pros

Good team, hard working.

Cons

i can't say there is any cons

Enjoyable

Stocking cards doing window displays helping all customers get what they need keeping happy friendly and creating a relationship with the locals and everyday card buyer's

Pros

Lovely team

Cons

Not much

Very good store

Normaly it is always busy shop. A typical working day includes preparation the shop and display windows for the coming customers, customer service and control the availability of goods in the store and in the warehouse. In the store operates a friendly and hard-working team.

Supervisor Bracknell

Worst Company ever to work for. Total slavery started as christmas temp ended as supervisor. You are exspected to run a huge store with you and one other memeber of staff. There are many late shifts when you have moves Valentines,mothers and fathers day, christmas etc and you can be there till 2am. Area managers are a joke never see your side just want the job done. Only good thing is if you wanna loose weight then this is the job as your never have time for a break only up side are your shop staff

Pros

discount but you work hard for it many hours your never be paid for

Cons

long hours no support

Friendly colleagues

As it was during the Christmas period, it was very busy and your day at work always varied, however, every day we had a target that we had to reach, this included sales target and getting customers to sign up to the reward system. Majority of the co-workers were very friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job was reaching personal targets of getting customers to sign up to the reward system.

great place to work great manager

i worked in the telford store it was one of the best jobs i have ever had one day is never the same as the last the manager that ran the shop at the time was a lovely lady never asked you to do some thing that she would not do her self. the other staff were lovely to work with they would help if you asked and always make sure you were ok. the staff i worked with and the early mornings had to be the best part as its nice and calm jobs got done

Pros

great staff

Cons

i had to leave

fun workplace

A typical day at work would be to serve customer at the till point and help them around the shop. To recieve and sort to deliveries when needed. to restock shelves when needed and to help management with anything that they needed. I learnt from this job how to give out good customer service. I also learnt how to operate a cash machine and my cash handling.

Friendly management and supportive team in a busy environment

The pay wasnt great but it wasnt terrible. I had a short term christmas temp contract with Clintons and enjoyed my stay during this time. The staff and manager were very friendly and gave a lot of support to the newer members of staff. We had 40% staff discount which was decent. I prefered working with customers or serving at the till over restocking because at times it could be backbreaking and a headache. I personally enjoyed the very busy and crowded environment, and I would attest a lot of it to the support given by managing staff. Unfortunately they didnt have enough hours by the end so Id say if you want a full time job, there are slim pickings. But a fun experience if you need a holiday job.

Pros

Friendly staff

Cons

Pay was a bit low and the hours were a bit random

Worked here over the Christmas period. Of course I had no life, it was christmas! The staff were a great bunch to work with very friendly and easy going. Had a great manager to work for too which was an added bonus Stressful at times, but keeping your mind clear is easy when you have a fun team. Was a shame when my contract cam to an end, would haveloved to stay

Pros

Breaks, great staff

Cons

monthly pay

Fair, friendly working environment

During working hours we would divide our work, such as doing different things throughout the day such as working the tills, cleaning up and advising customers, which prevented the days from being boring. I learned how difficult it can be in retail during busy hours, but how to keep calm under pressure and use my skills and knowledge to overcome these busy times. Management was friendly and understanding, and offered any support when needed such as answering any questions we had. Co-workers were also friendly and helped during working hours, such as helping out with cleaning up. The hardest part of the job was working the till at busy times and trying to keep calm under pressure. However, the easiest part was working early in the morning when it wasn't as busy, and doing simple jobs such as sweeping the floors.

Pros

Good pay, friendly management and co-workers

Cons

Shorts hours, only temporary

poor

I once worked over xmas for this company they peanuts for sales assistants worked with a bunch of ladies there and it was not a great atmosphere at all i would advise people not work for them

Pros

nothing good

Cons

poor pAY

Loved my job and felt I learnt a lot

A typical day of work would be providing top customer service, operating tills, keeping the store clean & tidy. As well as adding new stock when needed. I found the job exciting and was always up for more hours. Management were lovely, and encouraged me to take full responsibilities of some things. Area manger taught me visual merchandising. I also learnt the numbered order and categories of the cards. I also learnt how increase sale e.g.charitable pens My co-workers, were friendly people, easy to get along with and work together when necessary. I didn't find anything difficult to learn, I suppose it was because I wanted to be there. I enjoyed every part of the job.

Pros

Good management and co-workers

Cons

Only for Christmas

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clintons. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement