Clipper Logistics PLC
Happiness score is 52 out of 100

Clipper Logistics PLC Employee Reviews

A nice place to work at, but if you want more or want to climb up the ladder, you might want to try some place else except you started out as a management staff.
Pros
Team spirit and team work
Cons
Advancement for low cadre staff
A very important place for personal growth and experience-taking. Safe and good quality. Good work environment, qualified employees willing to help new members
Pros
Rotating schedules and time flexibility
That particular warehouse is lacking in good management and not treated equally. Workers are polite and friendly, most of the roles involve quality control and house keeping.
Pros
Good work
Cons
Not treated equally
Energetic fun work place, good working conditions and a great experience. I was sad to leave. But family matters got in the way. The management team are great.
Pros
Great team to work with
Cons
good place to work to get back on track with finances once out of lockdown the hrs will be there and overtime for all that want or require it8hr days +OT *1/2
Pros
free dinners now an again
Picking items from a hand held scanner and some time was required to go up stairs to another. department if down stirs didn’t have enough work and other times had go around and tidy up
The job is repetitive and also alot of walking even in such short hours. Loads of shift options available. Can always find a team leader to talk to if there's anything worrying you.
Pros
Free tea/coffee
Cons
Loads of walking especially for a picker
If there was anything you ever needed help with the managers were always there, regardless of if it was simply an issue with some form of paperwork or even to needing a genuine early finish.
Pros
Great breaks
Good shift patterns and a easy, repetitive job. I did about 5 weeks until I was let go. I realised when I was let go, the colleagues around me who were also leaving were all people of colour including myself. Doesn't seem like a coincidental at all haha.
Pros
A particular shift which is 6 till 2:30
Cons
Well everything's a con, its a warehouse. Awful coffee and awful management.
Office staff are clueless kids with no map/vehicle/tacho knowledge. Double standards for sure. Fleet is pre-historical. H&S non existent. Drivers being treated like dogs.
Pros
sanitizer bottle and a pack of wipes!
Cons
if you thinking of suicide, this place will speed up the process.
Definitely would not work here if from a white background, full of racist tr*mps, team leaders picking on only white lad in group, trying to intimidate and belittle people absolutely f*ckin disgusting place to work needs closing down 🤯😡
Pros
Cons
Racist discrimination
Easy to contact paid on time Got a full time contract after a few weeks I fitted in well and enjoy my work and have made some friends Enjoying it so far
Pros
Local job
Cons
I worked here for 2 years on agency ,whilst being treat like a school child. It is dis organised chaos at it's best. I saw racism .theft ,embarrassment of colleagues by team leaders .Non sympathetic when faced with any hardship.I saw people come and go very quickly due to the conduct of management.
Pros
Cons
Long hours minimum pay
Liked the job itself but not the management team. They hire more people knowing full well they’re over staffed. Last in, first out policy. No job security. You’ll be lucky if you last longer than a month there.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Last in, first out
When I first started working here I enjoyed the environment on site, unfortunately the politics in this place now has divided the junior and senior management. Feel there is hidden agendas going on within the burton site. My feeling now is that my days here are coming to an end. Have lost faith in the senior management.
Pros
Continental shifts
Cons
Treated unfairly
I was constantly cheated out of pick rate numbers, sometimes by up to 20 percent. With those numbers being allocated to other members of staff. If I got good scores I was going to fast ! They forced me to slow down and then complained about numbers. Clipper is all about favouritism. basically
Pros
You can take long breaks
Cons
Good job : only for the chosen few.
Expected to go above and beyond whilst receiving no benefit.Worked throughout the pandemic in a non essential clothing warehouse with no / little social distancing implemented. Pretend that there are steps in place to social distance but only when health and safety have a walk around.4 Different agencies used due to the mismangement.They expect you to take on 5x the amount of tasks as other workers - and be paid the same - moaned at by management for questioning why more responsibilities do not equal more pay.Little career progression and very very amateur poor management and team leaders.
Pros
Cons
Bad Management, No regards for safety during the pandemic, Agency treated better than permanent staff
Extremely insufficient training, manual handling was all verbal and I was only given about five minutes of training on the warehouse floor before having to get to work. Left due to pain caused by height of desks and having to bend constantly
This company is absolutely disgraceful. Especially agencies they hire that rip you off with pay. Management are rude, have no people skills , they are only management because it fills a space. Clearly all fake. You have no meaning to the company because they will always have new staff constantly. Under paid aswel awful.
Pros
No pros
Cons
All cons
To be fair the job itself was a nice one, great if you want fast paced work, the pay isn’t too bad either. Problem is, I worked for a agency and the managers keep giving you conflicting information. One of the managers, or “champions” as they call it actually makes staff want to quit and feel terrible about themselves. That particular champion constantly is rude to (and I mean incredibly rude) and undermines staff, they have even told people that apparently they are better than the managers and we should ignore everything the actual managers say as it’s stupid. The managers have been made aware of the way this person treats others and still nothing is done about it, honestly they are one of the most annoying and rudest people I have ever met. Purely for that one person I would not recommend this company. If that one person wasn’t there however then yes i would highly recommend working at clipper, it’s just a shame one so called “champion” has to ruin everyone’s morale and the fun of working.
Pros
Fast paced, good pay, some nice managers
Cons
Rude champions, verbal abuse, getting conflicting information
Would not recommend. Insane target, romanian People being favored. Might get fired anytime anywhere for nothing. Constant harrass.