Cliveden House Hotel

Cliveden House Hotel Employee Reviews

Really good pay, very hard work

If you can handle working 10 hours a day and dealing with the highest class of customers then definitely go for it. The money is lovely as well as the added service charge. Staff are mostly really lovely and supportive and the managers genuinely cared. The job wasn’t for me personally but I can understand why people enjoy working there.

Stunning Property and magical history

During my time at Cliveden we were undergoing a renovation which was great to see a historic building coming more modern but keeping its heritage.The departments i worked for were great and learnt lots. I left due to relocating

Insights into Cliveden House Hotel

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging

Maintenance dept

I worked here in maintenance /painting ,the building is lovely but I felt like I should have known the ins and outs of the hotel from day 1 ,the maintenance manager was pretty useless and when I complained that I wasnt happy all I got from him was are you leaving or not,the money is rubbish for the unsociable hours worked including christmas and boxing day.i am happier elsewhere now

Pros

Canteen

Cons

Lack of training

Nice place

I was very impressed with the hotel , nice place and beautiful location not only for work , i will recommend to all friends need the job or going there to have a nice day out

difficult place for work

Bad place for work, stressful and don't have sraff enough for work, and the management doesn't care with staff, the vision of company is explorer peoples.

Bardzo dobra atmosfera

Praca wykonywana w przyjaznej atmosferze. Pracownicy chętni do wzajemnej pomocy. Piękna lokalizacja hotelu.

Pros

Darmowe posiłki, możliwość awansu, napiwki

Cons

Ciężka praca fizyczna

No work organisation

Lack of staff and stock. They did not want to look for new employees, giving more responsibilities for existing workers. You will work as two or more for minimal salary and hear complains from menagement. Company is employing more managers than actual workers which makes it impossible to do all that you have to. They will not respect you neither your work. Lunch is free but is awful. There can be some days when you will be hungry because food is from yesterday or raw. Not all the time but mostly. Overtimes are paid not correctly. Employee does not have any information how is it calculated and you can receive 30£ for additional day of work and get charged next month for something called "lieu payment" so they probably do not know how to pay overtimes.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Long hours, hard work, lack of staff, working over power, weird bonuses

fun but under pressure

There is no typical work within hospitality. No day was the same. One day, you may have arrived to the full hotel evacuation. The other you were shouted at by the arrogant guest. The third you had a row with a colleague. All in all, you are able to meet lots of very interesting people, sometimes of a very high profile. While woking you are part of many parties, weddings, events etc., which are hard work but fun and give you something for you to go by.

Pros

lovely food and parties

Cons

long hours, stressful

Best place ever to achieve how to give a 5 star customer service.

A typical day at work consist in: As soon as you arrive you have to check the daily programme ,check the resevations, try to allocate the guest considering their preference. When service starts greet the guest,find a perfect table for them , give any information required by the guest. Every single day you can learn different useful information regarding how to provide an excellent service. Working as a team is the only way to assure an 100% perfect service. The hardest part of the job is when is really busy and you have to work under pressure which is very challenging at the same time. The most enjoyable part is to exceed the guests expectations make their experience unique, which makes you feel very satisfied at the end of the day.

Interesting and impresive place to work

Good example of improvement I learnt ways and standards of British Hospitality Management are great and are doing an amazing efford in putting back this property in to the map and they are doing a great job My colleagues are professionals and very hard workers The hardest part of the job are the times of work The most enjoyable part is the constant contact with guess

Pros

Top Hospitality venue

Cons

Any cons that you might find in hospitality

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Cliveden House Hotel?

Negativa

El ambiente era hostil, no existía el concepto compañerismo y desde Dirección no fomentaban unos valores específicos de convivencia.

creative and busy

day to day jobs include,preparing mep for service. cooking during service and overlooking subordinates. responsible for overlooking health and hygiene. i started at cliveden as a commis chef and worked my way up. hardest part of my job would have to be quiet periods, i find it hard to be slow paced.

Pros

50 pound per night

Cons

not enough experienced chefs to help me progress

5 star luxury hotel

it was good experience but I looking for high quality kitchen with fine food.

Pros

free meals, accomodation also working with partner

Cons

low importance to quality and perfection in kitchen

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cliveden House Hotel. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Cliveden House Hotel with

• Cliveden House Hotel
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?