Cliveden House

Cliveden House Employee Reviews

its good place to work, lots of extra hours available but very difficult tget to . its very fast paste and you have to be phisicly fit to be able to cope.
A typical day is consits of greeting guests, getting them checked in to their rooms, taking phone calls and general admin tasks. You need to have a strong mind as guests and management alike can be very rude and diva-like! So you must keep a level head at all times. Very little chance of a suitable work-life balance. Sometimes working until 11:30/12:00am and then having to be back at work the next morning for 7am to start the shift! So if you do not live nearby please be aware of this.
Pros
Free Food, Friendly Staff, Discounts
Cons
Too many tasks fall on the receptionist's shoulders. More staff should be required for other tasks.
I believe it is unacceptable for Cliveden to portray themselves as a 5 star Luxury Hotel, when in fact their staff who seem to hold up this reputation are treated so badly. I have never in all my years of work, met such a vindictive and bias group of people to work for. DO NOT WORK HERE!
This was a 10 week internship which was unpaid. I found it very interesting to experience many different departments in order to understand the differing roles in hospitality.
Très bonne expérience britannique. Bonne gestion du personnel. Possibilité de développement, pour ceux qui travaillent bien évidemment. Superbe cadre de travail. Nombreuses opportunités de développement personnel.
The history of the building was extremely interesting as was the interior and architecture. Meet lots of interesting people while working and learnt some invaluable assets for the industry.
Pros
Free meals when on shift
Cons
Really long hours
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Cliveden House?
  1. Employee reviews