Close Brothers Group
Happiness score is 56 out of 100

Close Brothers Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom95 reviews

Decent for a call centre job

Very good for a sales environment as it wasn't a typical call centre. Paid well enough if you count bonus. Senior management ok to me, however were not friendly to every employer.

Management is inefficient and shallow in their approach. If you can avoid please do

A typical day would start in raking your head in deciding who to impress today, with no direct goals nor any direction you would often feel left out or ignored.

Pros

Free fruit basket Location

Cons

No career progression, Inefficient Management and leadership, Legacy technology, manipulating middle level managers

Insights into Close Brothers Group

• Sense of belonging
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Support from manager

Amazing

close Brothers group is a great place to work, the interview process is really calm and easy - well scripted for how it proceeds. I’d go back in a heartbeat!

Lovely people, good place to work for. Have me my starting block for the future.

Enjoyed the experience and the people I worked for. This was a temporary assignment but a wonderful opportunity to meet the expectations of a growing team and company.

Pros

Training, management skills, communication are all good.

Cons

My job was a temporary assignment.

Never again

Word of advice, don't apply here.Management are snakes, all the staff have their own groups and don't like new people. Training was POOR, no one wants to help you when you're new but expect you to be perfect at the job a few weeks in.

Cons

Too many, management.

Productive and fun place

Excellent company ,very supportive and has clear concise guidelines Management very supportive and encouraging , there to provide feedback and support during difficult times. Encourage staff to get the best out of them

Pros

Work life balance excellent

Cons

Long hours, no smoking breaks

Salary not reflective to the amount of work

As an admin in a very busy team, I feel the salary was not reflective to the amount of work we had to deal with on a daily basis.Salary discussions were not encouraged and was almost very secretive.There were yearly appraisal meetings but the salary increase was based on the whole department meeting their targets and this was then shared out equally, quite unfair really as some work harder than others and some people deserve more than others, in my opinion, I would have stayed at close had it not been the confusing method they choose to increase ones pay and generally quite low pay compared to other firms.

Pros

Opportunities for growth internally

Cons

Low salary and lack of bonus

Dominated by dealers to their detriment

Staffed by a holes who'll stab you in back at blink of an eye. Toxic psychopathic managers abound encouraged by greedy owners who they earn them MONEY

Pros

The money

Cons

The worst place I've worked in 30 Jobs

Engaging and enjoyable role.

I was dubious about starting this role when I joined the company over a year ago. Looking back it was definitely one of the best decisions I’ve made in recent years. Yes, the work can be challenging and like most roles today there are targets to meet but you are well rewarded and valued. If you get the chance to work for Close Brothers then do it.

Pros

Pay, benefits, hours, work/life balance, valued.

Cons

Targets and some tricky clients.

Stressful workplace

A long and draining day 8-5 Monday to Friday. Pay was okay and you learnt a lot on the job, so not many complaints in that area. The team I worked in were extremely cliquey. The support you receive for the role is non existent. Being a temporary worker, I was initially invited to an awards ceremony, only for them to turn around the day before and say you're not invited, so much for the "everyone is involved culture". Staff were friendly outside of the department I was in unfortunately, and the manager in my department was extremely poor, covered up the big mistakes of a constant offender, yet the moment a small mistake was made by myself for example, I was hounded. Previously winning employee of the month on the team, and in the running for it again, whilst I was on annual leave, I had notice that they terminated my contract, with no prior warning, no performance reviews or anything. Extremely dysfunctional management in that department, and from what I heard, high turnover, it doesn't surprise me with a trigger happy, dysfunctional manager in charge of that department.

Pros

Not many

Cons

A lot- Dysfunctional management being one

Difficult but rewarding

Very one sided. Lots of give and very little tin return. I felt taken advantage of, the financial advisers only seemed to have gain as their aim rather than thorough overall client service

Pros

Didnt last long enough to enjoy the benefits

Cons

very high pressure

Good work culture

work hours are 8-5, good for internal progression, kind management and colleagues. hardest part of the job is that everything is very manual and do not have up to date technology.

Great Culture and a diverse Company

I worked for Close for over 13 years, and have been with them from a boutique asset manager to a PAM award winner it is today. it has a good culture and a friendly place to work.

Pros

Good Benefits

Cons

No Scope to increase holiday entitlements

Enjoyable place of work

An enjoyable place to work. Senior Management changed and things started to change. I lost my Sales Manager ( who was excellent ) and another alternative job opportunity came to me which i pursued; I wasn't necessarily looking to move.

Reasonable work place

Due to small size of organisation and flat organisational structure limited pathways for progression. Nice work / life balance and culture. Agile working encouraged.

Interesting business model

You should be from sales or product to be valued, everyone else is nice addition to the team, but not critical or significantly valued.Apple a day can't really make your existence in the company more valuable. Constant shuffle in managment team at all levels make work environment toxic and significantly increase in mental pressure.

Close brother Company is a great place to work

If you love the challenge and love the buzz of up selling then it's a great place for you the company have some great benefits and the managers are great of encouraging the staff too.

Would not Recommend

Very high employee turnover .The environment is very stressful .HR gets involved very quickly and before you know it you are out the door . I would not recommend working at this place .Its the worst employer I have worked for .

Opinion

Feel CB is not a good environment to work in. Give misinformation, and contradicting procedures I would not recommend an individual to work here if you want to work in financial services

Staff not treated very well

Increase in workload but no additional resources. Pay was always very secret, not allowed to discuss at all, threatened with disciplinary action. Group management wanted to make things better for staff, but senior department managers were only focused on the work, rather than staff well-being. The hardest part there is having your opinion listened too, being told that opinions are just negativity and being told to think more positive.

Friendly staff poor management

Friendly staff poor management Not the place to go for career advancement, loyalty not rewarded and no progression available, slow to adapt to change and constant external appointments, rather than in house progression.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Close Brothers Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Close Brothers Group with

• Close Brothers Group
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?