Close Brothers Group

Close Brothers Group Employee Reviews

Very one sided. Lots of give and very little tin return. I felt taken advantage of, the financial advisers only seemed to have gain as their aim rather than thorough overall client service
Pros
Didnt last long enough to enjoy the benefits
Cons
very high pressure
I was dubious about starting this role when I joined the company over a year ago. Looking back it was definitely one of the best decisions I’ve made in recent years. Yes, the work can be challenging and like most roles today there are targets to meet but you are well rewarded and valued. If you get the chance to work for Close Brothers then do it.
Pros
Pay, benefits, hours, work/life balance, valued.
Cons
Targets and some tricky clients.
A long and draining day 8-5 Monday to Friday. Pay was okay and you learnt a lot on the job, so not many complaints in that area. The team I worked in were extremely cliquey. The support you receive for the role is non existent. Being a temporary worker, I was initially invited to an awards ceremony, only for them to turn around the day before and say you're not invited, so much for the "everyone is involved culture". Staff were friendly outside of the department I was in unfortunately, and the manager in my department was extremely poor, covered up the big mistakes of a constant offender, yet the moment a small mistake was made by myself for example, I was hounded. Previously winning employee of the month on the team, and in the running for it again, whilst I was on annual leave, I had notice that they terminated my contract, with no prior warning, no performance reviews or anything. Extremely dysfunctional management in that department, and from what I heard, high turnover, it doesn't surprise me with a trigger happy, dysfunctional manager in charge of that department.
Pros
Not many
Cons
A lot- Dysfunctional management being one
work hours are 8-5, good for internal progression, kind management and colleagues. hardest part of the job is that everything is very manual and do not have up to date technology.
Cons
I worked for Close for over 13 years, and have been with them from a boutique asset manager to a PAM award winner it is today. it has a good culture and a friendly place to work.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
No Scope to increase holiday entitlements
An enjoyable place to work. Senior Management changed and things started to change. I lost my Sales Manager ( who was excellent ) and another alternative job opportunity came to me which i pursued; I wasn't necessarily looking to move.
Due to small size of organisation and flat organisational structure limited pathways for progression. Nice work / life balance and culture. Agile working encouraged.
You should be from sales or product to be valued, everyone else is nice addition to the team, but not critical or significantly valued.Apple a day can't really make your existence in the company more valuable. Constant shuffle in managment team at all levels make work environment toxic and significantly increase in mental pressure.
If you love the challenge and love the buzz of up selling then it's a great place for you the company have some great benefits and the managers are great of encouraging the staff too.
Very high employee turnover .The environment is very stressful .HR gets involved very quickly and before you know it you are out the door . I would not recommend working at this place .Its the worst employer I have worked for .
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Close Brothers Group?
Feel CB is not a good environment to work in. Give misinformation, and contradicting procedures I would not recommend an individual to work here if you want to work in financial services
Increase in workload but no additional resources. Pay was always very secret, not allowed to discuss at all, threatened with disciplinary action. Group management wanted to make things better for staff, but senior department managers were only focused on the work, rather than staff well-being. The hardest part there is having your opinion listened too, being told that opinions are just negativity and being told to think more positive.
Friendly staff poor management Not the place to go for career advancement, loyalty not rewarded and no progression available, slow to adapt to change and constant external appointments, rather than in house progression.
Most enjoyable part of the job was working with advisors and paraplanners who were friendly and willing to help. Least enjoyable was using and working with out industry out dated systems and clunky internal processes.
Excellent place to work. Lots of trust and opportunities for everyone. Forward thinking, inspirational business. Work hard and we'll rewarded, fair performance appraisal.
Good office location but uninspiring pay structure or progression. good people Working from home can easily be agreed with boss poor investment proposition
Felt like a one man band, all main persons are in London so getting hold of people is always a bit of a challenge, there needs to be more support for the Bristol office. 2 weeks of training seemed sufficient to them but could do with at least a month.
Close Brothers Asset Management has been one of my favourite companies to work with over the years. They are a very caring employer and put their retail clients at the heart of their business. This is turn means that the Company is a great place to work. They have a number of workplace initiatives such as agile working, which really helps employees feel that they have more control over their working environment. I would recommend Close Brothers as an employer.
Learned how to use SAP Business Objectives. Was involved with a data project that kept me quite busy Staff were friendly
CBPF was a great place to work. There is a real focus on making it an amazing place to work, and you will not find a more welcoming and helpful environment. I was also lucky enough to experience multiple promotions during my time with CBPF (which it must be said I worked hard for), but the fact that my efforts were recognised and rewarded should not be underestimated.
Pros
Progression, and great culture
As the only branch in Scotland, promotion is an impossibility and despite being a non sales role with no bonuses you are expected to achieve a scorecard with around 20 objectives.
Pros
No weekend work yet
Cons
Unrealistic targets, no prospects