CNWL NHS Foundation Trust

CNWL NHS Foundation Trust Reviews

United Kingdom18 reviews

Fun place to work

Being a bank worker you can work in various settings. Made many wonderful colleagues . However the bank pay is significantly lower than being a permanent staff.

Pros

Free lunches, good work balance

Cons

Poor pay, bad management

Nil

Nil too much to explain. No career progression, work till you drop. No equal share of responsibilities. Some technician have way too many responsibilities compared to some other offsite technician.

Pros

Nil

Cons

Too many to even begin

Insights into CNWL NHS Foundation Trust

• Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

Productive and extremely busy Team

Never had a problem with shifts as there were plenty on offer, you could work everyday if you wished because the teams were so busy. The work is hard, you have to be skilled, dedicated in learning but support and training is generously given. I enjoyed my time with the team and was offered a permanent place after 6 months.

Pros

Plenty of support

Good employer, Diverse culture,experience staff

Clients, Patients and Staff Health and Well Being most important factor at CNWL, Many Staff networks to be involved with, LGBT, BAME, DEN, over 50+

Pros

Training and Development Opportunites availble to progress within career

Terrible!

Worst place I have ever worked in my 8 years of nursing. The Trust is run by patients who take advantage and abuse the services. Staff work so hard; doctors, nurses, consultants, OTs and with no appreciation or recognition. Though I have learnt a lot, this is mostly from the amazing team I have had the priviledge of working with. They have been brilliant and absolute stars. The working relationship between everyone on our team is extremely positive and uplifting. However, upper management do not support staff whatsoever. They would bend over backwards for a patient but toss staff to the curb like dirt. I have requested for support after developing depression (from my work environment) but was basically told by OH to look for another job if mine has proven too difficult to do. The job will change you as an individual and not in a good way. If you enjoy your nursing career then I suggest you go elswhere. This place has made me want to permanently leave the NHS.

Pros

No pros

Cons

Trust is run like a business managed by bullies

No go area

Educational opportunities are available. Bullying culture and nothing is being done by management to deal with that. The environment is not a good place to work, only 5months in one of the centres and I nearly lost my mind. I was so much stressed out and pressed on the corner. I will not like even my worst enemy to be in that environment.

Innovative

Supportive, innovative, good development opportunities, change adoption, great management support, multi site trust with ample opportunities for progression and development.

just a work horse with no job advancement

after 20 years no progression or support from management they do not support the older worker or value their experience nor do they train and retain their staff

Pros

Cons

flexability abused

Productive and Fun Workplace

I have worked in different settings and have a lot of skills and experience in the live in carer industry my experience speaks for itself. I enjoy multi tasking and enjoy life to the full. I love working for big companies like the NHS.

Productive and Work Place

I work here and I enjoy it and I have a live work and life balance. NA. I love the place of work and its so cool and lovely. I love the workplace its so nice and enjoyable and fun.

Core Values

The core values for the Trust provides a favorable group to work for. Following the planned weekly administrative schedule files and documents were expected to be coordinated and managed to fulfill facilitators expectations. The hardest part of the job for me was multi-tasking whilst completing audio tapes and manning the telephone calls when I was the sole member of the admin staff in the office.

Good working environment

Flexible approach to work.. focuses on achievement. Good IT infrastructure and support model. Ample training and progression opportunities. staff retention is good in line with national average.

A great place to grow and develop, hard work but fun!

Working with CNWL you will face multiple challenges and really sharpen your abilities. Great organisation in terms of how it treats its staff, very people oriented, encourages development and growth. The senior management encourage a fair and equitable working ethos. If you are a person who can get along well with others and go the extra mile, you'll love it.

Pros

Great working atmosphere

Cons

Occasionally long hours

Enjoyable

I have enjoyed with working with NHS and I have met so many professional people. I have gained lots of experience in my Administrative Role. I have been trained on Jade System which is used in the NHS at the moment.

Good working relationship.

Check my desk and Computer to see if there is any message. if there is, most important comes first before the others. Then, followed by day-to-day activities at work. Then follow my manager instruction concerning work activities. Forming a good working relationship with anybody around by making self accessible to them, being friendly to them, and having a good rapport with them.

Pros

Cons

Short hours

Productive and Fun Workplace

Work is really good and employees are very good. A typical day at work can be quite challenging but it has its rewards. Co-workers are highly professional and the hardest part of the job is getting to grips with learning new systems. The most enjoyable part of the job is that the job is quite interesting.

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

Long Hours

Hard working environment

Hard work, busy day. Issuing Invoices Dealing with clients via quoted works. Issuing Time sheets to HR. Learn how to priorities by importance Assist managers on daily tasks with clients Hardest part of my job-ensuring clients needs are met on time. Enjoyable part of my job making clients happy and working in a team.

Pros

9-5

My experience with CNWL

I joined CNWL when they merged with Harrow & Hillingdon in early 2000's. Prior to this I had become disillusioned with nursing in the UK, I felt it had become too political and lost sight of patient care. Since coming under the umbrella of CNWL - my faith in nursing was restored and I am delighted to say that I genuinely never looked back. I have met some really wonderful people throughout my time there and it was with mixed feelings that I had to leave for personal reasons. The experience I gained in the different roles undertaken can only hold me in good stead for my future. As in all walks of life - no one can get on with everyone but the majority of people were lovely. The hardest part of any job is the amount of pressure to do your best but if you have a good work ethic, good organisational skills and colleagues to support you - then the job should not cause you too much stress.

Pros

The people

Cons

Politics

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CNWL NHS Foundation Trust. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement