Cofton Country Holiday

Cofton Country Holiday Employee Reviews

United Kingdom27 reviews

hourtimejobworkgoodworkinggreatsummer

Fun summer job

Good environment and atmosphere. Had as a summer job as a lifeguard when I was a bit younger. Can’t speak for anyone salaried but for hourly it was okay

Not a fun place to work

At both of my interview s I told them my computer skills was not that good but willing to learn with the right training but did not get the training

Pros

Cons

You get no training when promised

Insights into Cofton Country Holiday

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Ability to learn new things

Run by a family and you are fully part of the family

Wonderful experience working for a company who carry family values to their staff.Expect caring and considerate training and effective team leader management

Excellent company to work for

Mobile cleaner very busy but very satisfying at times get to meet loads of people management very good as well if you got a problem you just phone and it will be sorted the pay is good as well l

Fun, family run site with great morals

Love working for a family run site, great managers that treat you like part of the family. Decent pay & great team of people to work with that all seem to enjoy their job

Bad work environment despite many good colleagues

It's a difficult job at times but it can also be very rewarding. If you're a team player who prides themselves on quality you’ll do well.The people are overall great to work with. However the immediate manager and supervisors are a clique that create a bad work environment. Training is minimal. They provide little to no constructive feedback and when they do it is extremely vague, for example;Employee: Why am I better at this than my team mate?Supervisor: You just are.If the housekeeping department was fairly managed then I'd definitely recommend it, but unfortunately it is run by the adult equivalent of the "popular kids" and lacks professionalism and at times a blatant disregard to employment law.

Pros

Decent wage Discount on food Free gym membership

Cons

Poor communication Cliquey manager and supervisors Physically demanding

I started at Cofton as a Housekeeping supervisor and have progressed to the Housekeeping manager.

I enjoy the fast pace of Cofton. My job offers new challenges which I love as it make everyday different. I work with a great team of people. I enjoy the camaraderie which adds to the satisfaction of delivering a great service. I feel valued and appreciated by the company for the work I do. The directors are hands on and always willing to give direction and support when needed or asked for.

Pros

Great salary, health plan, friends and family discount for holiday, I have use of the pool, gym and onsite facilities. Company Perkbox giving lots of discounts and rewards, Cofton always throws the most fantastic Christmas party!

Cons

Hospitality is demanding, It is hard work, long hours, especially at weekends and holiday periods.

Fantastic place to work. Lovely and friendly staff, team work all the time. Managers were very nice with me. I have good memories of my job. I loved it to work here. Thank you all the staff and manager from Cotton Holidays ! :)

Pros

Good salary, lovely staff, good managers and fantastic place to work. I was very happy whit my job.

Cons

Seasonal job. I would like to work whole year.

Busy but fun place to work

Very busy and nice place to work. Everyone is really friendly and helpful. Done a couple of seasons and it can be really busy during the summer months but not hard work

Pros

Discounts on holidays, use of the pool is free

Cons

Holiday not allow during August

Friendly cleaning team

As a cleaner I was given clear training and a set number of vans each day. I work regulr hours 3 days a week and can fit around the school run. It is hard work when it is hot. Great team of poeple to work with.

Pros

Well organised, friendly team, company very supportive in lockdown.

Good first job

Good first job, but can be generally bad, management were not the best, you didn’t feel appreciated by any members of staff even managers, the pay was absolutely horrendous, being on minimum wage during my two years working, a stressful environment during busy times. Was not given enough hours, very seasonal work.

Pros

Some friendly staff

Cons

Pay, no loyalty to staff

Good first job

Good first job, but can be generally bad, management were not the best, you didn’t feel appreciated by any members of staff, the pay was absolutely horrendous, being on minimum wage during my two years working, a stressful environment during busy times. Was not given enough hours, very seasonal work.

Pros

Always got a lunch break

Cons

Pay

Awful place to work

Little respect for their staff, hr manager is a bully who bullies people out of working there, she’s the reason no one enjoys working at cofton, the atmosphere is horrendous. Allowing of bullying to other staff members

Pros

Other staff are nice enough

Cons

School playground bullying

No loyalty to staff,minimum wage.

The atmosphere of the business is just about making money and there is minimal loyalty to their staff. Very poor Director staff relationship. Not enough staff in the summer. No recognition when you have done a good job. And only a telling off when you made a mistake. The hours are too long and you are seriously underpaid.

Pros

Nice staff freindly people to work with

Cons

Owners of company only care about making money and not their staff

Fabulous place to work. My work was varied and exciting and I was encouraged to put all my skills to use. I spent a good amount of time with the company directors getting feedback and encouragement on my work.

Pros

Good communication

Its good

It's a nice little park with lots to do for kids and adults. Clean friendly staff good food nice cafe and fairly priced for food and drinks... and a week stocked shop

Great if just leaving school

Half hour lunch breaks no matter length of day sometimes late pay Repeatitive during the summer Lovely park Family run Very expensive onsite Free parking

Great productive place to work.

Working for a local family business who work hard to improve and re-invest. Always looking to the future. Opportunities to train and improve. Other staff seem to enjoy working here so good staff morale.

Pros

Great atmosphere

Fun workplace

You are able to engage with colleagues and customers in a thriving workplace which boasts a positive environment. You are able to sample a selection of the night life in evening shifts due to the evening entertainment and variety of colorful customers that choose to holiday inn this leisure park. However your break time may be restricted at peak evening times due to a lack of staff on the shift with you that can induce mild stress and a rise in pay is promised however is forgotten of and remain on low pay. On the other hand there is a selection of discounted food available for staff during break with free wifi.

Pros

free access to leisure activities;gym & pool

Cons

long and unsocialable hours during peak holiday season

Fun community work force

I started one summer in the kitchen and havnt looked back. I've been to other places for trials ect noware is quite like working here great people hard work ethic and more fun than stress full days. Exsperianced head chef who has the time for individuals. And the best part everything is made fresh and from scratch. We get to Butcher make sauces,come up with our own recipes for the menu and enter the Cofton food comp you'll be surprised how much work goes into the food and making it great for our guests.

Pros

Work with great people. Free use of leisure facility's

Cons

Have to use the kettle for coffie 😢 unsociable hours

Fun and Professional

Working at Cofton was very enjoyable, a great team of staff made the experience worthwhile. In my time here I learned more than I thought I would about Bar Serving and working in hospitality. During winter months when business was slower, my supervisor trained me in the wider duties of the complex. I felt as if I had positively progressed as an employee and as a person.

Pros

Friendly atmosphere

Cons

Very long hours, not enough staff in summer

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cofton Country Holiday. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement