Colchester Hospital University NHS Foundation Trust

Colchester Hospital University NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews with Jobs

United Kingdom10 reviews

Could be very good.

Every day in the emergency operating theatre is different and the majority of the staff are hard working but there are always a few who want to do as little as necessary and take all the credit for others work. They tend to be the weakest link but bask in the achievements of others.

Pros

Security of tenure.

Cons

Poor communication from senior management.

Extremely well run hospital

Colchester General is a lovely hospital to work for. One thing I noticed is that no matter what band you are, everyone talks and acknowledges everyone. I only worked a two month contract to assist with the pandemic. I’m actually a registered dental nurse. A couple of departments that really stood out were Theatres and Materials management. Lovely people.

Pros

All staff helpful and lovely attitudes

Cons

Some facilities need updating and fixinh

Insights into Colchester Hospital University NHS Foundation Trust

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Energising work tasks
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Time and location flexibility

Thoroughly rewarding!

Work with a great team, doing a difficult job. Thoroughly rewarding. Amazing support from management, takes a certain type of person to work here though! Not for the faint hearted!

No management support

All managers stick together and cover their own backs

Collleagues lovely- management rubbish

The back up from management is atrocious & because of this the atmosphere in our small office was really bad. Several people have left our department recently because of the way they have been treated by the manager. The management seem to close ranks. The job itself is brilliant just the conditions you have to work under - Victorian springs to mind. Very oppressive. Shame because the people in the office were ok.

Pros

Colleglagues were nice

Cons

Management issues

Very mcuh enjoyed my time at the trust.

Outpatients was a fantastic place to work and i was very sad to leave. I spent 5 years as part of a brilliant team of nurses and healthcare assistance, providing excellent standards of care.

A busy environment mainly friendly work colleagues

Midwifery duties on 12.5 hr shift basis. I learned about midwifery in the antenatal, postnatal, triage, antenatal clinic and delivery suite and community. The work place culture was mainly friendly. Hardest part of the job is the pressure and the difficulty to get a break sometimes. The most enjoyable part was caring for women and their families throughout their journey.

Pros

Working with the public

Cons

Long shifts and night shifts

Needs improving

The actual work is fine but some of the people working there are horrid . There is a big bullying culture going in especially in a& e . They don't want to try challenge people but instead push people out . The training is poor as no money to send staff on training courses .

Pros

Interesting work

Cons

Bullying culture

my time at colchester hospital

working in sterile services I learnt to assemble theatre sets for surgery and the sterilisation method using sterile techniques and the restocking of the wards with sterile dressings and supplies

Pros

good shift times great canteen

Cons

wearing a hair net

Ok

Working at colchester hospital had it good point and bad point, Got lot problem with memeber staff there, it was ok working at the hospital did have it good point had nice management there all keep eye on me, but I cant go back to care now, and wish from my heart that stay there,

Pros

Cons

37.5

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Colchester Hospital University NHS Foundation Trust. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Colchester Hospital University NHS Foundation Trust with

Colchester Hospital University NHS Foundation Trust reviews by location

Learn about Colchester Hospital University NHS Foundation Trust in popular locations

Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?