Colosseum Dental UK

dentalpracticedentistsouthernlovelyjoineddentistryprogression

Great

Featured review

Colosseum Dental UK selected this as a representative review
I’ve worked for the company since it took over Southern Dental and have enjoyed the work environment. Everyone is friendly and supportive. I have been offered great opportunities to expand my skills like being sent onto the Ashley Latter course! Working in a corporate has allowed me to make lots of friends around the country. The annual conference is a great opportunity to meet up and celebrate our success

7 October 2020
Thank you for your kind words, your feedback is much appreciated. Have a good day....

Staff in house are amazing, higher management / HR poor.

Unfair pay, not competitive at all. Great group of staff in house, super fun and bubbly place to work at, higher management do not seem interested to keep their staff. Very busy, could be more rewarding. Employees should be treated better.

Insights into Colosseum Dental UK

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

Rewarding place to work

Colosseum is a lovely place to work. The job can be difficult and stressful at times but equally rewarding. Management is supportive to all job roles and people as individuals.

12 April 2022
Thank you for your kind words and this lovely review - we're so pleased that you find your role rewarding. Have a great day!

Depends on branch

There isn't consistent experience at Colosseum, your experience will very much depend on who your direct manager is and their management style. The leadership team is slow to respond to employee concerns or questions, they create a culture where it doesn't feel comfortable to give critical feedback.

Pros

Individual clinics have a great team relationship

Cons

Not competitive salary or career progression

12 April 2022
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we can improve - we will take this feedback on board. Have a great day, and thank you again for letting us know about your experience.

Not recommended at all!

The company was trying to improve but it is lacking of basic organizational capabilities. The different departments don't communicate with each other and it causes such a big mess. Do yourselves a favour and stay away.

Cons

Money issue and wrong charges every month

24 January 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and let us know how we can improve. We hope you will consider us again in the future. Take care, Colosseum Dental.

A wonderful dental practice and a fair dental corporate.

Colosseum is a good corporate practice to work for and I have worked for many. They pay fairly and on time. Stoke Newington Dental practice has been a pleasure to work with. The team are exceptionally hard working, efficient and professional, yet friendly and supportive. My colleagues have always helped me when I have run into any issues. They are welcoming, inclusive and make you feel values as a team member. You can tell that the processes in place have made it an efficient and organised place to work in, the team works well together. I am so grateful to the manager and the team for my value and enjoyable experience of working there.

Pros

Free lunches, work socials

Cons

N/a

5 October 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave this wonderful review, have a great day.

Amazing Company to work for!

I have been with Colosseum around 5 months, and have come from a much larger corporate background. The difference in the companies is unbelievable. I was unsure if I wanted to remain in the Dental sector but Colosseum have absolutely restored my love of Dentistry.

Pros

Staff rewards and frequent recognition.

5 October 2021
We strive for 100% satisfaction, and it's great to see you are having such a positive experience with Colosseum Dental, thank you for the taking the time to let us know how we're doing. Have a great day.

Clevedon dental practice

I joined Clevedon Dental Clinic, under Colosseum Dental, over a month ago.I find this workplace to be very friendly and caring about the staff and patients.I couldn't be more happier to have passed the interview stage and then getting offered the job. (I though I won`t make it)I can`t wait to see what the future is reserving for me at Colosseum Dental!

23 September 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave us this great review, have a good day.

Fun and supportive place to work!

I feel Colosseum are a great company to work for!I started as a Lead Dental Nurse at another practice and as a result of the support and mentorship of my manager at the time, managed to get a promotion to Practice Manager within 1 year of being at the company. There is a family-like atmosphere within the company, everyone supports each other and are willing to help. Being new to the PM role I was extremely anxious, but the management team pointed me in the right direction and have set me up to succeed. The team I manage are fabulous! Very hard working and always willing to go the extra mile :)

Pros

Supportive management, room for career progression

15 September 2021
thank you for taking the time to leave us this great review and high star rating, have a great day.

Colosseum took over the dental practice in February 2020 just before the pandemic. They were supportive of the staff during this period and are really friendly. They encourage courses/further training to staff to enhance their skills.Staff rewards: days off for birthdays and 100% attendance days off. Health insurance

Pros

Staff rewards

Cons

Long hours following covid

9 September 2021
It's experiences like yours that really keep us motivated! Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review, have a great day.Best Wishes

Productive and fun workplace

All team members work hard and can have a laugh, there are benefits working for colosseum dental. Manager can be supportive, there is a work life balance but could be hard work at times. We are a new practice for colosseum dental and everyone have been welcoming and try to get the best out of you.

Pros

Benifits

9 September 2021

Over worked and under paid

Absolutely Shocking company!! I will say that the best thing about working for these people was the flexibility that was great but that is where it starts and ends. Unless you are a dentist or Hygienist there is: No support. No development or Training program. No yearly pay review or increase, in fact the PDP (personal development plan) is a joke as there is no training structure in place to manage or develop staff in the first place. You cannot develop people with no program in place. The bonus scheme criteria is laughable, as it is based on other colleges performance, so if they miss their target and you achieve yours nobody gets a bonus, this just seems unethical. The level of staff turnover in the clinic I worked was a red flag and was a major factor as to why I left and this is from Practice Managers all the way down the staff to the reception team.

Pros

Flexibility and working hours

Cons

Everything else

Fabulous career change

I joined Colosseum Dental during the global pandemic and it’s the best thing I’ve ever done. Colosseum gave me the choice to completely change my career path and have continued to support me through my dental nursing course. I joined with absolutely no clinical knowledge and experience, and I am now continuing to progress with my career working for a great company :)

Pros

Free uniform, Free training, supportive, great team

9 September 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave us this great review, have a great day.

Friendly and enjoyable

I have really enjoyed working for colosseum dental UK at Portland Street Dental Practice and found them very supportive through new covid regulations.

31 August 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave us this great review, have a great day.

Great employer who cares

The company's tagline is 'We care more' and they certainly embody this statement. The senior leadership team has a people-driven vision that filters down through the organization.I was new to the dental industry. However, I have has a tonne of support, and everyone has been incredibly helpful in supporting me through my induction.The business is fast-paced and there is always something to do. There is never a day where I get bored.

31 August 2021

Colosseum Dental is a great place to work with excellent training opportunities, nice staff, good employee benefits and regular working hours.

Pros

Excellent Training Package, Great employee benefits, Low stress, Nice staff.

Cons

Busy work environment, Occasional rude patients

31 August 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave us this wonderful review, have a great day.

Avoid this corporate !!

This company doesn't care about their staff, as soon they changed the CEO the company went down... all staff are new, they just put pressure on private but they don't even increase the salary to the staff after 1 year... worst company, avoid !

31 August 2021
We appreciate all reviews, and appreciate you giving us the chance to improve by providing us with this feedback. Kind Regards.

Friendly and busy workplace

Caring and friendly staffGood learning opportunities and self developmentGood place to start a new career No flexible hours for childcare Could improve on salary

31 August 2021
We're happy to read such a great review, thank you. Have a good day.

Very Welcoming Team. Great opportunities.

I had a lovely, warm and friendly welcome to Portland Street Dental Practice as a trainee Dental nurse. The management are very supportive and the training opportunities are endless. I have thoroughly enjoyed working along side some of the lead nurses and have learnt so much in just a short time. I am really looking forward to progressing in my career with the opportunites given at the practice.

Pros

Training opportunities

13 August 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave us this great review, have a great day

Helpful, friendly staff in a busy environment

I have worked at Portland Street Dental Practice for 5 weeks and have found all of the staff to be friendly and helpful. Everyone has been very supportive in helping me learn the tasks involved and I feel am able to ask anyone for help if I need it. There's plenty of opportunities for personal development, and there is a lot of training available.

13 August 2021
It's experiences like yours that really keep us motivated! Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review, have a great day. Best Wishes

Great work environment

Had lots of changes over the last couple of years but can see a big improvement in the practice and people. Great management in the practice to help us all succeed.

13 August 2021
We are so happy to read such a great review, thank you, have a great day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Colosseum Dental UK. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement