Colten Care

Colten Care Employee Reviews

United Kingdom189 reviews

residentcarerslovelydementianursecarestaffsupport

caring staff and fun

all staff are very kind and understanding, they help when you’re finding something difficult. this training has been good so far and i’ve really enjoyed it.

Pros

free lunch

Informative

Had four days of starter training. Very well presented and very informative.Interactive and full of open conversation. Would recommend this training.

Pros

Free lunches and coffee breaks

Insights into Colten Care

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging

Excellent training

Currently on training week, fantastic sessions delivered which are appropriate to role, interactive, and detailed. Staff are all friendly and helpful.

Productive and friendly environment

Very good company would highly recommend to a friends family members to work or even stay at any Colten care company so overall very happy with this company.

Pros

Free lunches provide travel if needed

Good training

I have only just started and done my weeks training but I have enjoyed every session, and look forward to getting on the floor for my shifts and meeting more staff & the residents.

Everbodys friendly a helpfull

No regrets in taking this job ,,right hours offered for me ,mentor was brilliant nothing to much trouble ,staff are friendly a helpfull ,a well organised residental home

Pros

Free meals

Cons

Breaks are not long enough

Fun workplace

All round good employment, great support and learning development, friendly environment, great staff everyone there to help and achieve the job in a timely manner

amazing

excellent one ,so happy to work here, amazing salaries .good management,beautiful atmosphere,job role very interesting,amazing staffing,very energetic, homely feeling

Pros

free lunch

Cons

long days

Rewarding

I've loved working at Bourne View for the past year as a waitress and cannot wait to begin my caring experience as a health care assistant. It's so rewarding being able to build relationships with residents and be a part of their lives.

Pros

Free lunches, caring staff

Cons

N/a

Recently started with Colten Abbots barton and everything seem good overall.Unable to comment as much as not started my shifts , just completed training. Felt very supported by the Home Manager with my query.

Pros

Free lunch, training

Cons

Not sure at this point as recently started

Friendly and fun

Very friendly, collaborative workplace. Everyone is a very bright and caring worker with a clear passion for helping those who need it. I never thought i would have such fun and be very comfortable.

Pros

Paid breaks, free lunches

Cons

Possibility of high work load

fun friendly place to work

Great company to work for. feel appreciated. enjoy my job role and spending time with the lovley residents.. have a great fun work balance and the staff made me feel really welcome. and fitted it quite quickly.. the kitchen team I work with are all about teamwork and are friendly and fun to be around.. the home feels like a home.

Pros

food staff and residents

Cons

everyone deserves more pay

Fun place to work yet maintains professionalism

Thoroughly enjoyed my time at Colten Care so far. People were friendly and above all fun despite the day to day stress of working in the field. Overall a great company to work with!

Training and a warm welcome

I had a very warm welcoming and an amazing training with lots and lots of new information which will be applied during work. It has a wonderful atmosphere for both staff and residents.

Pros

Amazing lunch and colleagues

Cons

Small Car parking

Very understanding place to work. Help with lots and able to help when asked. Very good training to start my job the best way possible. Lovely people to work with.

Productive and interesting team to work with.

They are very supportive organisations for both residents as well as the employees. Besides, they provide training for the 1st weeks that’s really helpful and improves the quality of life and satisfaction for the employees.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Longer shifts

Great company to work for

The company is very accommodating. Immediately made me feel welcomed and valued. Thorough training provided - not just thrown in at the deep end. Great company.

Pros

Free lunches, thorough training, fuel paid for/prepaid taxi to training, friendly colleagues

Cons

nature of the job can be quite stressful at times

Fun friendly workplace

Have fun while working and feel well supported by other members of staff and management. Lovely environment to work in and a joy to get to know the residents

Pros

Satisfaction that I’m helping people

Very friendly and helpful workplace.

Really enjoy working for colten care so far. Lovely work environment and friendly staff. Good work and life balance and a good and competitive wage with the current crisis

Fun-filled environment with wonderful staff.

The staff are very nice, Colten Care takes their values very seriously. A nice place to work, it is one of the top 20 Care Homes in the UK. They also give free lunches.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

I have not noticed any yet

Friendly environtment conducive for professional growth

Workplace is fantastic. People are genuinely helpful and there is definitely a career advancement contrary to what nurses believe when asked to choose between a hospital and carehome

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Colten Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Colten Care with

• Colten Care
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?